SerpentorsLair.info - View topic - Outback's Outpost 'Steam-Roller' By Mitchell Smith!

View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Jun 30, 2022 1:02 am

Reply to topic  [ 4 posts ] 
Outback's Outpost 'Steam-Roller' By Mitchell Smith! 
Founder
Founder

Faction: Justice League
Code Name: Man of Steel
 Outback's Outpost 'Steam-Roller' By Mitchell Smith!
Welcome to the Outpost. Today I’m checking out a G.I.Joe character from 1987. Steam-Roller was released exclusively with the Mobile Command Center, but was never used in the cartoon and correct me if I’m wrong but never used in the comics. My younger brother and I both got one of these for Christmas back in 1987. Looking back I wish I would have kept one in the box. Surprisingly enough Steam-Roller is one of a few I do not have in my collection today.

This is a cool looking figure. Simple, he has just the vest with grenades on it, plain pants which I wonder if he got those from Duluth Trading Co, and a ball cap that says DOG, I guess they couldn’t get the rights to CAT. Steam-Roller was a bit rough around the edges after reading his file card, but I think he has a soft spot there someplace judging by his tattoo of a heart on his arm.

Oh wait maybe that’s a dagger in it, on second thought. IDK I think a lot of characters got overlooked this year and outside of G.I. Joe the Movie most of the characters were used minimal or not at all. Steam-Roller is one of my favorite characters and I would have loved to see him used in the cartoon and I would have loved to see a modern version of him. Maybe someday. Who is a fan of Steam-Roller? Who had this one as a kid? Sound off below and let us know! Make sure to check back for our next discussion.

Fri Nov 13, 2020 2:07 pm
Profile Send private message
Founder
Founder

Post Re: Outback's Outpost 'Steam-Roller' By Mitchell Smith!
Some guys were just talking about Steam-Roller on twitter yesterday. He is one of my most favorite vehicle drivers. But that said, i think the figure and character would have been a wicked awesome single carded figure. I feel like a really sweet big rifle, he could rival Gung Ho or Roadblock in coolness factor.

Fri Nov 13, 2020 2:19 pm
Editoral Moderator
Editoral Moderator

Faction: Cobra Contractor
Code Name: YorktownJoe
File Name: CLASSIFIED
Aliases: YTJ (more acronym than alias)
Primary Military Specialty: Counter-Intelligence
Secondary Military Specialty: Sense o' humor
Grade: O-4
I never had him, but I think Wildcard and Steam-Roller should be associate members of the Dreadnoks rather than Joe's.
I imagine they both have the aroma of Grape soda, chocolate donuts, burnt engine oil, and exhaust fumes.

I just never knew how many ab crunches would be necessary to maintain that physique and 6 pack abs while crushing 16,324 calories per day...?
:hardlaugh1:

Fri Nov 13, 2020 6:12 pm
Founder
Founder

yorktownjoe wrote:
I never had him, but I think Wildcard and Steam-Roller should be associate members of the Dreadnoks rather than Joe's.
I imagine they both have the aroma of Grape soda, chocolate donuts, burnt engine oil, and exhaust fumes.

I just never knew how many ab crunches would be necessary to maintain that physique and 6 pack abs while crushing 16,324 calories per day...?
:hardlaugh1:

The joes are pretty lax with uniform regulations. I mean this guy has a vest that is clearly too small intentionally to show off the six pack. But in battle im not sure that would be effective armor. ^ha^

Sat Nov 14, 2020 1:55 pm
Reply to topic   [ 4 posts ]