SerpentorsLair.info - View topic - Why you should be honest about Ghostbusters 2016

View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri Jul 30, 2021 1:32 pm

Reply to topic  [ 3 posts ] 
Why you should be honest about Ghostbusters 2016 
Editorial Moderator
Editorial Moderator

Faction: neutral
Code Name: classified
File Name: classified
Aliases: skinnyjoefan
Primary Military Specialty: classified
Secondary Military Specialty: classified
 Why you should be honest about Ghostbusters 2016
I am a fan, I was 12 when Ghostbusters took over the summer of 1984. I lived thirty miles away from the nearest theater and thanks to the VCR and that distance I saw very few movies in the theater.
I had to go see this one though. I loved it. I was bombarded with Ray Parker Jr. all summer and we loved it. Anyone who says they did not sing along when Ghostbusters came on the radio with a smile on their face needs to think harder.

It is a pop culture phenomenon that has lasted and survived over the ages thanks to a very well done cartoon and even a mediocre sequel.

Netflix has a documentary called Ghostheads available.

If you like conventions, cosplay, and are passionate about anything, I recommend you give it a go.

There won't be a "get the skinny on Ghostbusters 2016", because the movie just does not interest me.
I was hopeful for a new team all new adventures, maybe even bring back Kylie from Extreme Ghostbusters
http://www.denofgeek.com/uk/tv/extreme- ... ed-cartoon

I was so stoked to hear about an all female cast. I was even pushing for Tina Fey.
Perhaps Tina was asked and when she saw the script she said no, but I think it has more to do with a relationship between Feig and Mc Carthy. No not that kind of relationship, I am talking about when a director and an actor work very well together.

I have seen cosplay after cosplay of the new uniforms, Ghostheads are eager, they are thirsty and like any other fan, they are loyal to their brand.
I admit I have thought more than once about building a Ghostbuster costume complete with Proton Pack and trap.
I still might. It also might be a GIJOE version of a Ghostbuster but that is just me.
A military ghostbustin' team...is something I have given serious thought to more than once.

Whether you hate the new movie or love it the important thing is not to jump on any bandwagon, especially without seeing it.
The important thing is to be honest about your opinion.
Cautiously of course because it is the internet after all.
Let me have @CBGirl19 explain:
[youtube_w]Sn_vAcFGTJU[/youtube_w]

If you want to see it go see it if you don't want to go see it, then don't but be honest with yourself about why. Then be honest with others when you do discuss the film.

The number one song of 1984 for three weeks:

Mon Jul 18, 2016 7:52 pm
Profile Send private message
Founder
Founder

Faction: Justice League
Code Name: Man of Steel
Post Re: Why you should be honest about Ghostbusters 2016
I was going to skip it altogether, but i am going to give it a chance, even though its not the ghostbusters i wanted.

Tue Jul 19, 2016 1:00 pm
Sneak Peek Photographer
Sneak Peek Photographer

Faction: Red Shadows
Code Name: T'shot
File Name: ????.?????.?
Primary Military Specialty: Photo Reconnaissance
Secondary Military Specialty: Toy Surveillance
Grade: E-2
Post Re: Why you should be honest about Ghostbusters 2016
It's not for me, but I'm been secretly hoping it's a big hit since it was announced.. just because I'd like to see positive female role models for young girls to aspire to.

Tue Jul 19, 2016 1:38 pm
Reply to topic   [ 3 posts ]