SerpentorsLair.info - View topic - The Break Room

View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri Jul 30, 2021 1:13 pm

Reply to topic  [ 19924 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972 ... 1993  Next
The Break Room 
Founder
Founder

Faction: Justice League
Code Name: Man of Steel
Post Re: The Break Room
STORMSHADOW__210 wrote:
THE NIGHT WAS MOIST

Had a great fathers day all day long. Had some pizza and watched the conjuring on hbo max.

THEN all our phones had alarm not a drill warnings of imminent tornado . Then the neighborhood sirens went off super loud. Like a ww2 bomb was coming. Turned on tv and they said WE WERE IN EYE OF THE TORNADO GRID.

Went outside since ive actually been waiting my whole life to see a tornado face to face. There was this HUGE independance day ufo purple cloud hovering above me with lighting bolts going side to side within the great beast cloud. There was NO WIND. Not even a leaf moved. It was as Zues himself sucked the very lifewind out the land.

Then chewie was barking barking barking as if his doggy damger since was alerting his master. I grabbed chewie muffy and mom from sleep and moved them to basement. I then went back up for flashlights , candles water . Within seconds the storm came in. I saw from window literalfull size 6 feet trees branches, trash cans flying through street. Looked like a movie F5 hurricane.

I made it to basement. News was on telling people immediate no drill confirmed tornados touching down in our map grid.

Then the power went out . You could hear this scary mother nature ROAR coming down.

I lit candles and used flashlight. Then…..we could hear water flowing in like the colorado river. From 3 areas the sewer rain water was flooding in a ince per minute. Within 10 minutes are feet were underwater.

I had to act fast immediately moving anything of value off flood zone to higher ground. My toy room got hit too.

Was 3 am before we got basement under control. Slept till 1 pm today. Every muscle hurts to move. Have no energy or heart to do damage inventory. I will starting tommorow. Today i rest

That my friend is called a Tuesday in Oklahoma :hardlaugh1:

Seriously though I'm glad you and your family are ok. The last time i saw tornadoes live ironically was on my way back up here from your home town San Antonio. We had to stop at a small gas station along the highway while 3 of them just past right over the top of the gas station and highway. But before that i saw a lot of them growing up around here. And, then there was one that hit our apartment 5 years ago or so, i slept through that one. Andrea was all like, hey the trees are twisting in circles, and i was just like its just wind just let me sleep.

Mon Jun 21, 2021 5:09 pm
Profile Send private message
Editoral Moderator
Editoral Moderator

Faction: Cobra Contractor
Code Name: YorktownJoe
File Name: CLASSIFIED
Aliases: YTJ (more acronym than alias)
Primary Military Specialty: Counter-Intelligence
Secondary Military Specialty: Sense o' humor
Grade: O-4
Glad we didn't have anything like that!!

It hasn't rained here in about a month. Yesterday, we had some gentle rain in the morning, then a torrential downpour in the afternoon. It was coming down so hard, I could see where the downspouts on the house went into the underground drain under our front landscaping, and the water was backflowing out of it.

I thought it was because the ground was so hard, but I went out during a pause in the rain. I pulled the white downspout out of the black plastic drain hose that is buried under the landscaping.
Sure enough, it was packed with propellers from the neighbor's Maple tree. And the propellers had started to grow little vines like the Vines of Evil Sunbow episode, or something out of Cobra La.

I pulled out a shopping bag full of it, and that was as far as my arm could reach down the pipe. I think I have to dig it out or get some type of rotor rooter or something. The drain pipe is packed solid.

Thankfully, none of the water backed into the house!!

Mon Jun 21, 2021 5:12 pm
Founder
Founder

yorktownjoe wrote:
Glad we didn't have anything like that!!

It hasn't rained here in about a month. Yesterday, we had some gentle rain in the morning, then a torrential downpour in the afternoon. It was coming down so hard, I could see where the downspouts on the house went into the underground drain under our front landscaping, and the water was backflowing out of it.

I thought it was because the ground was so hard, but I went out during a pause in the rain. I pulled the white downspout out of the black plastic drain hose that is buried under the landscaping.
Sure enough, it was packed with propellers from the neighbor's Maple tree. And the propellers had started to grow little vines like the Vines of Evil Sunbow episode, or something out of Cobra La.

I pulled out a shopping bag full of it, and that was as far as my arm could reach down the pipe. I think I have to dig it out or get some type of rotor rooter or something. The drain pipe is packed solid.

Thankfully, none of the water backed into the house!!

Meanwhile at YTJ's house ^ha^ ^ha^ ^ha^

Mon Jun 21, 2021 5:15 pm
Editoral Moderator
Editoral Moderator

That's very accurate. I almost posted a video of the propellers coming down, but it looked kind of silly.

Got a leaf blower that can go in reverse and vacuum leaves into a bag. I vacuumed up multiple bags full just to clear a little spot on the sidewalk. It was bad.

I never had issues with his tree before. but now I should check all the eaves and downspouts. We have a few downspout tied into underground drainage. I might need to dig all that up as well.

They are designed to flow the water downhill towards trees, whose roots then soak up the rainwater. But not if the propellers have sprouted vines are this thick:

Mon Jun 21, 2021 5:26 pm
Founder
Founder

yorktownjoe wrote:
That's very accurate. I almost posted a video of the propellers coming down, but it looked kind of silly.

Got a leaf blower that can go in reverse and vacuum leaves into a bag. I vacuumed up multiple bags full just to clear a little spot on the sidewalk. It was bad.

I never had issues with his tree before. but now I should check all the eaves and downspouts. We have a few downspout tied into underground drainage. I might need to dig all that up as well.

They are designed to flow the water downhill towards trees, whose roots then soak up the rainwater. But not if the propellers have sprouted vines are this thick:

'Man am i glad to find a friendly face in this homicidal salad bowl.'

Mon Jun 21, 2021 5:36 pm
Founder
Founder

Heads up guys Hasbro Pulse is doing some kind of live event for Snake Eyes origins at 10am Central on Friday morning. Not sure if it is all movie related or if they are going to make toy announcements. I just thought you would want to know.

Tue Jun 22, 2021 2:11 pm
Founder
Founder

In other News Paramount just announced the next live action Transformers is Beast Wars. Now will they look like real Beast Wars or like shard wars bayformers.....lol.

Quote:
The battle on Earth is no longer just between Autobots and Decepticons… Maximals, Predacons, and Terrorcons join Transformers: Rise of the Beasts, in theatres June 24, 2022.

Attachments:
202268280_4219486874753394_7153854670802036317_n.jpg
202268280_4219486874753394_7153854670802036317_n.jpg [ 153.62 KiB | Viewed 3330 times ]

Tue Jun 22, 2021 4:48 pm
Founder
Founder

Did you guys catch the Valaverse Action Force in box sample that got shared today? They look pretty sweet.

Attachments:
jjj.png
jjj.png [ 599.4 KiB | Viewed 3321 times ]

Tue Jun 22, 2021 9:46 pm
Founder
Founder

I wasnt realky into beast wars back in day. Kinda wish they at least finished second bay trilogy.

Tue Jun 22, 2021 10:18 pm
Editoral Moderator
Editoral Moderator

I like a lot of what Valaverse is doing. If he could have been making deliveries while Hasbro was still struggling, he could have made a mint. He probably will still do all right, but the dates get pushed back on him.

I like the villains Kerak, who looks like a Dreadnok. And that Bone Collector guy.

They can fill gaps and help customizers.

Tue Jun 22, 2021 11:21 pm
Reply to topic   [ 19924 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972 ... 1993  Next