SerpentorsLair.info - View topic - Outback's Outpost 'Stilleto /Starfighter' By Mitchell Smith!

View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri Aug 14, 2020 8:46 pm

Reply to topic  [ 4 posts ] 
Outback's Outpost 'Stilleto /Starfighter' By Mitchell Smith! 
Founder
Founder

Faction: Justice League
Code Name: Man of Steel
 Outback's Outpost 'Stilleto /Starfighter' By Mitchell Smith!
Welcome to the Outpost. Today I’m going with the space theme and taking a look at the G.I.Joe 1988 Cobra Stellar Stiletto and the 1993 G.I.Joe Starfighter. This was the same mold but they did an awesome job making this into 2 completely different vehicles. The Stellar Stiletto comes with Star Viper and the Starfighter comes with Sci-Fi.

I did not have either of these as a kid but I do have them in my collection now. I love the design of these 2. It is a really cool one manned space shuttle and does not overtake a shelf if you choose to display them. The Star Viper is a cool looking figure and the Sci-Fi is a really cool version with a nice removable helmet. This Sci-Fi version looks pretty nice with Ace in the Skystriker. I’m not sure if that was intentional but I like how this figure was given a space look that could be used with some old school Joes as well. Either way I love both of these ships and I am happy I came across them by chance. Who has these ships in their collection? Sound off below and let us know! Make sure to check back for our next discussion.

Sun Aug 02, 2020 10:24 am
Profile Send private message
Founder
Founder

Faction: Justice League
Code Name: Man of Steel
Post Re: Outback's Outpost 'Stilleto /Starfighter' By Mitchell Sm
My first of these was the Starfighter, because in 93-94 if i was not buying ninja force i was grabbing whatever i could find of Star Brigade. I did not get the Stiletto until i was an adult collector. In fact i guess i didn't really even know how cool star viper was until i was an adult either, because it was in the late 90's when i first red the issue of the marvel comics where he invaded gijoe headquarters.

Now today, after i shared this on all the social media, another joe fan shared with me something i had no idea about. I guess at some point, Hasbro let this mold get into another companies hands, and this vehicle was released as a Batman Jet. Color me shocked, i wouldn't mind having this cool black version and putting some cobra stickers on it.

Sun Aug 02, 2020 2:09 pm
Editorial Moderator
Editorial Moderator

Code Name: Train
File Name: Mitchell Smith
Aliases: ZAP,
Primary Military Specialty: Heavy Equipment
Secondary Military Specialty: Kung Fu
Oh wow I didn’t know that either, that’s pretty cool

Sun Aug 02, 2020 3:35 pm
Editoral Moderator
Editoral Moderator

Faction: Cobra Contractor
Code Name: YorktownJoe
File Name: CLASSIFIED
Aliases: YTJ (more acronym than alias)
Primary Military Specialty: Counter-Intelligence
Secondary Military Specialty: Sense o' humor
Grade: O-4
I somehow ended up with a Stilleto, but missed out on the Joe version.

My Star Viper would fly around. And when the Joe's knocked out his engine hose, my Astro-Viper would "float over from wherever he was and fix it.

I would do Star Viper training where they had to land a Night Raven drone while it is simulated out fuel. If they passed, they got their Stilleto assignment. If they failed...splat.

Sun Aug 02, 2020 11:58 pm
Reply to topic   [ 4 posts ]