SerpentorsLair.info - View topic - Jazwares to Produce 3.5" G.I. Joe Action Figures?

View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Feb 27, 2020 2:43 pm

Reply to topic  [ 17 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
Jazwares to Produce 3.5" G.I. Joe Action Figures? 
Founder
Founder

Faction: Justice League
Code Name: Man of Steel
 Jazwares to Produce 3.5" G.I. Joe Action Figures?
Hisstank.com is reporting there is a strong possibility that Hasbro has loaned out the G.I.Joe property to 'Jazwares' the makers of the popular 3.5 inch Fortnite toy line. It sounds as if there will be multiple G.I.Joe figures released under the Jazwares umbrella. Check out the report below and share your thoughts!

Yes, you’ve read the title right: Action Figures!

We received a reliable news tip regarding Jazwares’ G.I. Joe toyline. Apparently, the toys were on display during Nuremberg Toy Fair 2020, with limited access to journalists.

Though the information we received is scarce, the info clearly stated that the toys were indeed action figures; rather than role play items or accessories.

But wait, there’s more… the content was described as ‘a wide selection‘; indicating a possible large lineup of characters.

To top it off, the figures were told to be ‘looking great‘.

As always, we’d like to ask our readers to take things with a grain of salt. But, we’d actually like to give this info the benefit of the doubt; considering the reliability of the source.

Mon Feb 10, 2020 11:37 am
Profile Send private message
Editoral Moderator
Editoral Moderator

Faction: Cobra Contractor
Code Name: YorktownJoe
File Name: CLASSIFIED
Aliases: YTJ (more acronym than alias)
Primary Military Specialty: Counter-Intelligence
Secondary Military Specialty: Sense o' humor
Grade: O-4
Post Re: Jazwares to Produce 3.5" G.I. Joe Action Figures?
Hopefully, 3.5" is a typo and they are really ranging from 3.75" to 4". Maybe this was to differentiate from the 6" (or 1:12 scale) that is popular in other toy and collecting lines.

I haven't purchased any Fortnite figures, but they look like solidly built figures.

It would be cool to start seeing prototype figures so we could speculate further on old school vs movie style.

Mon Feb 10, 2020 12:06 pm
Founder
Founder

yorktownjoe wrote:
Hopefully, 3.5" is a typo and they are really ranging from 3.75" to 4". Maybe this was to differentiate from the 6" (or 1:12 scale) that is popular in other toy and collecting lines.

I haven't purchased any Fortnite figures, but they look like solidly built figures.

It would be cool to start seeing prototype figures so we could speculate further on old school vs movie style.

Hopefully since these were supposedly shown at the big german toy show, they will be at toyfair next week. My guess is they will be geared more toward the kid collector which will allow Hasbro to make the 6 inch line for us big boys.

Mon Feb 10, 2020 12:37 pm
Founder
Founder

Faction: Gi Joe
Code Name: Protoxero
File Name: Unknowen
Aliases: Proto
Primary Military Specialty: Ninja
Secondary Military Specialty: Covert Opps
Grade: 0-4
⚡ Kal-El ⚡ wrote:
yorktownjoe wrote:

Hopefully since these were supposedly shown at the big german toy show, they will be at toyfair next week. My guess is they will be geared more toward the kid collector which will allow Hasbro to make the 6 inch line for us big boys.

I just don't think I can do it any more. It's O ring all day for me. Ofc a v2 stormy I'd get.

Mon Feb 10, 2020 1:04 pm
Founder
Founder

protoxero wrote:
⚡ Kal-El ⚡ wrote:
yorktownjoe wrote:

I just don't think I can do it any more. It's O ring all day for me. Ofc a v2 stormy I'd get.

Its hard to say until i see them, but the joe scale fortnight figures cost like 13-14 bucks, i don't like non-oring figures enough to spend that much on them. At this point i am more open to the 6 inch classic style black series that Hasbro is doing, if the sculpts are super cool.

Honestly, im still more excited for black majors eels. Which by the way have been delayed until the summer because of all of the corona virus mess is causing factory problems.

Mon Feb 10, 2020 1:09 pm
Editoral Moderator
Editoral Moderator

We'll have to remember that when the EELS finally do arrive.

PSA:
Airtight: "No matter how much you adore any new figures, DO NOT TASTE THEM!!!!"
Doc: "Corona-virus or lead paint, either way, avoid the Grim Reaper!!"

Us as 40 year old kids: *cough* *gasp* *wheeze* *cough* "NOW we know!"

Doc: "And knowing is half the battle, for those of you who didn't already get exposed...that is."

Mon Feb 10, 2020 2:33 pm
Founder
Founder

Has hasbro ever leased out the joe brand before? Outside of 3rd party tfs , i cant recall ever seeing another company making a hasbro flagship brand before. Not sure how i feel about it. I mean does this imply hasbro doesnt want to use their own resources or have creative control over one of their brands?

Mon Feb 10, 2020 6:33 pm
Founder
Founder

STORMSHADOW__210 wrote:
Has hasbro ever leased out the joe brand before? Outside of 3rd party tfs , i cant recall ever seeing another company making a hasbro flagship brand before. Not sure how i feel about it. I mean does this imply hasbro doesnt want to use their own resources or have creative control over one of their brands?

As far as i know they have only done it for 'non action figure' items. There have been gi joe die cast vehicles, shampoos, just about anything but figures, i am pretty sure this is the first time they are doing it for the actual figures. Which is kind of weird since they are making 6 inch figures. Unless when toy fair rolls around on the 22nd all the rumors are wrong and Jazwares is making both small and the 6 inch figures. And hasbro is making none of it.

Have to say i am really dying for toy fair to get underway so we have some concrete news and pictures.

Mon Feb 10, 2020 8:50 pm
Founder
Founder

I was just thinking, what characters do you guys want to see in the first wave of the Jazwares Joes? Unless they are making all new molds for these i am betting we see Firefly and Beachhead, and probably Lady Jaye. What do you guys think?

Wed Feb 12, 2020 10:40 am
Editoral Moderator
Editoral Moderator

The good thing about Firefly and Beach-Head is the ability to recycle or partially re-use molds and tooling.

I remember the very first wave of 25th Anniversary Foils were Flint, Snake-Eyes v2, Storm Shadow v2, Hooded CoCo, and Cobra Officer. So in planning for 2007, the suits were thinking those had to roll out first. I immediately snagged Snake-Eyes and Storm Shadow for $4.88 each. Great nostalgia impulse buy and I had a LOT of fun with those two. Way more than $10 worth of fun.

But I'm shifting Proto's way. I love O-rings now and it will be tough making decisions. So most of us have purchased at least one BlackMajor figure for $18. And we get super excited to purchase 3 for $36 when we can afford it. I can't see spending $12-$13 on a Fortnite looking figure. But I might be convinced to spend $20 on a small vehicle that I could use my current figures in.

But I'm a sucker. Whatever is released will hopefully be better than Sigma Six. I could see snagging a 6" Firefly and Storm Shadow v2.
Not so sure about Fortnite looking figures.

They would do better just putting out Pursuit of Cobra re-releases and killing the secondary market mark-up, lol.

Wed Feb 12, 2020 11:12 am
Reply to topic   [ 17 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next