SerpentorsLair.info - View topic - Obi-Wan Disney+ Series Reportedly Casting a Young Luke!

View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sun Aug 09, 2020 1:14 pm

Reply to topic  [ 7 posts ] 
Obi-Wan Disney+ Series Reportedly Casting a Young Luke! 
Founder
Founder

Faction: Justice League
Code Name: Man of Steel
 Obi-Wan Disney+ Series Reportedly Casting a Young Luke!
With the success of The Mandalorian, it looks like Disney+ is not just going to sit on their hands with the franchise. We reported earlier this year that Ewan McGregor had signed on for an Obi-Wan series. Now it is being reported that Disney is looking to cast a young Luke Skywalker for the show. The show will look to explore events leading up to 'A New Hope'. Unfortunately an official release date for the series has not been given at this time. Check out more details below and be sure and share your thoughts!

Source: ComicBook.com

When the Obi-Wan Kenobi series hits Disney+ — whenever that may be — it will reportedly feature another familiar face in addition to Ewan McGregor's titular character. According to fan scooper @DanielRPK, the series is currently casting for a young Luke Skywalker, cementing the show's timeline sometime immediately before the events of Star Wars: A New Hope. The ace scooper shared the news on his Patreon page, revealing a new casting grid being distributed sent to agents has unveiled the news.

Despite never officially being announced as a movie by Lucasfilm, it was thought the series was initially intended as a standalone film directed by director Stephen Daldry. According to Kenobi writer Hossein Amini, the property works much better as a series because of the complexities following the character on Tatooine.

Mon Dec 30, 2019 12:03 pm
Profile Send private message
Editorial Moderator
Editorial Moderator

Faction: neutral
Code Name: classified
File Name: classified
Aliases: skinnyjoefan
Primary Military Specialty: classified
Secondary Military Specialty: classified
Post Re: Obi-Wan Disney+ Series Reportedly Casting a Young Luke!
Luke knew of "Old Ben beyond the dune sea" for sure but did he interact with him? Not that we know of until he was forced to when R2 went looking for Obi Wan to deliver Leia's message.
Ben was certainly watching over him so I suppose it is possible that we may see Ben watching over Luke, making sure he is ok or maybe rescuing him from afar. He may sense him by using the force and maybe he uses the force to make sure Luke does not wind up splattered all over the rocks of Tattooine in his T-16 while hunting womprats. I could buy that.
But I don't see this as "The adventures of Luke and Ben." I see it as a one time deal. Unless of course he has to rescue Luke over and over, in which case it would be more of a comedy eventually.

Uncle Owen cautioned Luke not to go chasing after Ben. There could be some sort of partnership there as well.
Obi Wan stays on Tattooine as a guardian. Owen knows this, Beru knows this and they live their life as farmers, always knowing Ben is just a few miles away if Anakin happens to find Luke. He is theri safety net. Well, Luke's safety net anyway. Ben did not do them much good in A New Hope.

We also know that Leia knows where Ben is. Why does she know this? Did her father let her know where Ben was because he was a possible ally? Ben really is not doing much on Tattooine when Luke meets him.

We do know that he is well known by the Skywalkers, and the Organas.

Could be amusing to see how Luke fits in Ben's story. However I would rather they leave the Skywalker's out of it.

Tue Dec 31, 2019 8:27 pm
Editoral Moderator
Editoral Moderator

Faction: Cobra Contractor
Code Name: YorktownJoe
File Name: CLASSIFIED
Aliases: YTJ (more acronym than alias)
Primary Military Specialty: Counter-Intelligence
Secondary Military Specialty: Sense o' humor
Grade: O-4
Alternate bitterly ironic timeline:

And then we find out that Ben helped Uncle Owen and Beru escape.

He faked their deaths by burning two random corpses he found outside Mos Eisley's back dumpster.

With the help of a forger, Ben gets them new identities, and secures them passage to another planet, away from Tatooine.

"Luke will be fine with Ben. We will make a new life together Beru. On Alderaan."

Wed Jan 01, 2020 2:42 am
Founder
Founder

Faction: Justice League
Code Name: Man of Steel
yorktownjoe wrote:
Alternate bitterly ironic timeline:

And then we find out that Ben helped Uncle Owen and Beru escape.

He faked their deaths by burning two random corpses he found outside Mos Eisley's back dumpster.

With the help of a forger, Ben gets them new identities, and secures them passage to another planet, away from Tatooine.

"Luke will be fine with Ben. We will make a new life together Beru. On Alderaan."

They could do virtually anything, how well its received with the fans is another story. I have not had time to watch The Mandalorian yet, but I have not seen any negativity anywhere about it which is shocking now days. I know as soon as i heard that Ewan McGregor was on board for the Obi-Wan show i was stoked, unlike most people i really like the prequel movies.

Wed Jan 01, 2020 3:07 pm
Editoral Moderator
Editoral Moderator

The Mandolorian is excellent.

I have only watched each of the 8 episodes once. By forcing people to wait instead of binge watching was an interesting tactic. It made me look forward to watching the next episode with my younger son (16).

Now that this first season is done, it leaves people wanting more.

Since you waited, it is up to you whether you binge or consume it at an interval pace.

Good story-telling. Action, intrigue, light humor, and some heart warming moments. Feels like Star Wars.

And a lack of sexual overtones, overly crude language, or forcing an agenda...

Hey Hollywood, guess what people actually like in entertainment?

Not for really little kids, as there is peril, violence, and death. But I give it a solid 2 thumbs up.

Wed Jan 01, 2020 4:43 pm
Editorial Moderator
Editorial Moderator

Faction: neutral
Code Name: classified
File Name: classified
Aliases: skinnyjoefan
Primary Military Specialty: classified
Secondary Military Specialty: classified
There were complaints about the Mandalorian after the first episode which were quickly shut down. Trust me there is always someone who is not happy.

"The Child" was a good surprise and that is exactly what tehy need to do with Ben Kenobi. Turn it on it's ear. Don't do what the Solo movie did and try to explain every single little thing that we learn about him in a New Hope.

Give us fresh stories that take place in the world that Lucas built.

Filoni understands that and so does Favreau.

Wed Jan 01, 2020 7:59 pm
Editoral Moderator
Editoral Moderator

Favreau gets it.

I hope he is having fun producing (and inserting himself in cameos). If we had his power and clout, serving as a masked or helmeted character would be fun...

It would be a costly stretch, but if they could get a ghost Qui-Gon to advise Ewan's Obi-Wan for 1 episode, that would be cool.

I'm not sure how his dealings with the Jawas and Tusken Raiders were, but those could be stories as well.

Just not sure how they can compartmentalize Anakin/Darth out of a story to which he is connected.

But good story telling could give us some fun.
I just don't want him going up to a female patron at Mos Eisley and then saying "Well, hello there!"

Thu Jan 02, 2020 12:33 am
Reply to topic   [ 7 posts ]