SerpentorsLair.info - View topic - Dragonfly modded to fit 25th Wild Bill

View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sun Dec 15, 2019 10:51 am

Reply to topic  [ 3 posts ] 
Dragonfly modded to fit 25th Wild Bill 
Serpentor's Customizer
Serpentor's Customizer

Dragonfly modded to fit 25th Wild Bill
I just managed to get a SFII Heli-Fighter that had Dragonfly stickers and missiles already. I've since given up hope that Hasbro will make the Dragonfly again, so I went this route. I figured the Heli-Fighter would be less fragile since it's newer. I modified the seat for Wild Bill so the 25th one can fit in there with his holsters. For Wild Bill, I hated how high the pistols sit in the holster so I drilled a hole inside the holster so they can fit in lower. I also put the POC Wild Bill head on him since it's a bigger head. Very simple things, but now I'm happy to have a modern Dragonfly to add to my collection. The only downside is that the chin turret on the Heli-Fighter is the original style that elevates as well as swivel so my choices of gunner is very limited unless I decide to get the fixed chin turret so the figure can stick their legs into the turret.

Wild Bill: with larger POC head and holsters drilled inside so pistols sit further in. The hole I drilled is the same size as the pistol tips so they actually fit into the hole which holds the pistols in place so I can turn him upside down and they won't fall out.

Here's the Dragonfly seat for Wild Bill that I cut out the sides so his holsters fit.

Here he is in there:

Here's some new pictures as I ended up getting the gatling gun from Shapeways. It's hollow in the front so it allows me to put the front gunner in better too and I think it looks nicer.

Gunner now can fit in the front:

Wild Bill's seat was modified so he can sit in there with his holsters.

Mon Aug 26, 2019 12:49 pm
Profile Send private message
Editoral Moderator
Editoral Moderator

Faction: Cobra Contractor
Code Name: YorktownJoe
File Name: CLASSIFIED
Aliases: YTJ (more acronym than alias)
Primary Military Specialty: Counter-Intelligence
Secondary Military Specialty: Sense o' humor
Grade: O-4
Post Re: Dragonfly modded to fit 25th Wild Bill
Looks great!

On a related but side tangent:

Do you have any experience with Dragonfly rotor repair, or have any links to people who have posted a "how-to" repair a rotor?

I thought mine had been packed adequately during our last move, but it broke along the shaft. The rotor is completely intact, but rotating parts don't bond together with normal strong/super glues.

I had thought of JB Weld, as that is sand-able and paint-able, but it is super clumpy and thick and it might look like someone put a glob of gray gum on there to hold the rotor stem shaft assembly together.

Once again, kudos on your Dragonfly mod!

Mon Aug 26, 2019 1:45 pm
Serpentor's Customizer
Serpentor's Customizer

Post Re: Dragonfly modded to fit 25th Wild Bill
Thanks.

As for the rotor repair, if the shaft is broken, it's probably not repairable. The original design was that there part is press fit onto the shaft, so once it's in, you can't remove it. It's practically one piece after that.

Mon Aug 26, 2019 3:51 pm
Reply to topic   [ 3 posts ]