SerpentorsLair.info - View topic - Krypton Cancelled by Syfy!

View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri Dec 06, 2019 1:52 pm

Reply to topic  [ 3 posts ] 
Krypton Cancelled by Syfy! 
Founder
Founder

Faction: Justice League
Code Name: Man of Steel
 Krypton Cancelled by Syfy!
Fans of the Krypton TV series were very saddened to learn that following the shows very well received second season, the Syfy network has pulled the plug on the show. While there is an online petition going around to get another network to pick it up, it seems unlikely we will get to see the rest of the Superman ancestry fleshed out in this series. Check out more details on this below and share your thoughts!

Krypton will not live to see another day.

Syfy has opted to cancel the drama, which told the story of Superman's grandfather, after two seasons. The decision arrives mere days after the David Goyer-produced drama starring Cameron Cuffe wrapped its sophomore frame.

The drama, which was produced by an outside studio — Warner Horizon — was unable to cut through and find an audience. Wednesday's finale drew just 350,000 same-day viewers, with season two averaging a total of only 408,000. That's down considerably from the 1.8 million viewers (with three days of DVR) from season one.

Syfy renewed the series for a second season in May 2018 after Krypton ranked as the Chris McCumber-led network's best series premiere in more than three years and its most-watched debut series in four. Season one of Krypton is streaming on DC Universe, with the sophomore season expected to join the Warners-backed platform in 2020.

Sun Aug 18, 2019 10:18 am
Profile Send private message
Editorial Moderator
Editorial Moderator

Faction: neutral
Code Name: classified
File Name: classified
Aliases: skinnyjoefan
Primary Military Specialty: classified
Secondary Military Specialty: classified
Post Re: Krypton Cancelled by Syfy!
I watched the first season.
I liked it.
I think by the time the second season rolled around people had lost interest.
It is hard to keep people's attention or keep them interested in anything more than a week these days.
People binge an entire season in a week and then it goes out of their head.
I am just as guilty of that, because unless it is something that gets super hyped like Stranger Things, I will forget about it.

Syfy has a weird schedule anyway, looking at next weeks schedule they show one show all day with a couple movies in between.
I suppose all their original programming was costing too much to make and they could not compete with Netflix or Amazon in keeping an audience.

However we are getting Zombie Tidal Wave so there is where the budget for season 3 went...

Sun Aug 18, 2019 11:20 am
Founder
Founder

Faction: Justice League
Code Name: Man of Steel
Post Re: Krypton Cancelled by Syfy!
skinny wrote:
I watched the first season.
I liked it.
I think by the time the second season rolled around people had lost interest.
It is hard to keep people's attention or keep them interested in anything more than a week these days.
People binge an entire season in a week and then it goes out of their head.
I am just as guilty of that, because unless it is something that gets super hyped like Stranger Things, I will forget about it.

Syfy has a weird schedule anyway, looking at next weeks schedule they show one show all day with a couple movies in between.
I suppose all their original programming was costing too much to make and they could not compete with Netflix or Amazon in keeping an audience.

However we are getting Zombie Tidal Wave so there is where the budget for season 3 went...

I really loved Krypton, hate to see it go. However, i have a pretty good feeling that in the 20-21 season The CW is going to launch a Superman series with Tyler Hoechlin.

On the binge watching thing, i have kind of fallen into the trap as well, i wait till the end of the week, and watch all my favorite shows commercial free. It is almost unbearable to watch shows with commercials now. The thing that drives me nuts about Stranger Things is the small number of episodes, i want a full 20 episode season.

Mon Aug 19, 2019 10:04 pm
Reply to topic   [ 3 posts ]