SerpentorsLair.info - View topic - Soundwave G1 Re-Issue Coming to Walmart!

View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 21, 2019 10:00 pm

Reply to topic  [ 6 posts ] 
Soundwave G1 Re-Issue Coming to Walmart! 
Founder
Founder

Faction: Justice League
Code Name: Man of Steel
 Soundwave G1 Re-Issue Coming to Walmart!
In case you were wondering if we would be getting more Transformers G1 Reissues at Walmart like the really nice ones that were out this holiday season, it looks like we are in store for a treat. TFW2005 is reporting that everyone's favorite Decepticon, 'Soundwave' is on his way. And, it looks like this will be a true reissue with the figure having the original cassette door. Check out the details below and let us know if you will be picking one up!

We are sure this will please old-timer fans. Care of In-Demand Toy Facebook we have our first image of the upcoming G1 Soundwave Reissue for your viewing pleasure.

This reissue of fan-favorite Soundwave seems to bring the same classic G1 packaging with Buzzaw included as in the original release. Some of our users noticed that this reissue is using the old G1 mold rather than the Japanese G1 Soundblaster remold of other previous reissues with a different cassette door. We still have no information about release date or price, but stay tuned with TFW2005 for more information once it’s available.

Ready to add some more G1 flavor into your collections? Walmart should be carrying this reissue in the US, so we hope to see it in stores soon.

Wed Jan 02, 2019 1:19 pm
Profile Send private message
Founder
Founder

Faction: Gi Joe
Code Name: Protoxero
File Name: Unknowen
Aliases: Proto
Primary Military Specialty: Ninja
Secondary Military Specialty: Covert Opps
Grade: 0-4
Post Re: Soundwave G1 Re-Issue Coming to Walmart!
We all love sound wave. I still have my 2000s re issue and I'll probably pick this up aswell, hopefully a new thunder cracker will get released I missed him last time and need him to complete my seekers. But really what's up with re issue of guys we got meny times before? Where is a re issue of shock wave?? Or any one that dint get one before?

Wed Jan 02, 2019 3:25 pm
Editoral Moderator
Editoral Moderator

Faction: Cobra Contractor
Code Name: YorktownJoe
File Name: CLASSIFIED
Aliases: YTJ (more acronym than alias)
Primary Military Specialty: Counter-Intelligence
Secondary Military Specialty: Sense o' humor
Grade: O-4
Wow! When I see stuff like this, I'm amazed they can hit the box art spot on like that.

Way back in the 80's, I got birthday money and went to the store looking for Joes, but brought him home instead. When I got home, I started doing the math and realized I could get 2 carded Joes and a medium vehicle with a driver for the same amount ($15-$18 ballpark amount). I was trying to think about the overall play value. (One transformer vs 3 Joe figures and a vehicle.)

I took him back and returned him and bought some Joes. I can't remember which Joes, but I felt very relieved at the time.

Just wish I had been able to keep both or someone had bought me Soundwave as a kid. I second guessed my purchase, but I wouldn't have returned an actual gift.

As a grown-up, I ended up with a G1 Soundwave from eBay, but he is badly beaten up, like what he would have looked like before Teletraan (sp?) revived him... He came in a lot with G1 Optimus and some of the really small ones like Gears and Cliff-Jumper. I should dig out my Transformers tote and take a few pics. The pride of my collection has to be G1 Grimlock. Love that guy.

But when making the tough choice between Joes and Transformers, I had to tell myself to stick mostly with Joes.

Good stuff. Glad to see these.

Wed Jan 02, 2019 3:36 pm
Editorial Moderator
Editorial Moderator

Code Name: Train
File Name: Mitchell Smith
Aliases: ZAP,
Primary Military Specialty: Heavy Equipment
Secondary Military Specialty: Kung Fu
I didn’t have any Transformers as a kid and I don’t collect them now, But there have been some really cool ones lately so I might start here with them

Wed Jan 02, 2019 9:32 pm
Editoral Moderator
Editoral Moderator

Faction: Cobra Contractor
Code Name: YorktownJoe
File Name: CLASSIFIED
Aliases: YTJ (more acronym than alias)
Primary Military Specialty: Counter-Intelligence
Secondary Military Specialty: Sense o' humor
Grade: O-4
Train wrote:
I didn’t have any Transformers as a kid and I don’t collect them now, But there have been some really cool ones lately so I might start here with them

That, or just enjoy the pictures.... :-)
Even as a kid, I thought this:

Gun mode Megatron was > cassette player Soundwave
But....
Robot mode Soundwave was 100x > Robot mode Megatron

Soundwave is just cool...And as a leader, his cassette minions followed him to a T.

As a leader, poor Megatron always had Starscream planning a coup.

Wed Jan 02, 2019 10:50 pm
Founder
Founder

I got them all except hot rod for Christmas and they are amazing sitting misb on shelf with my encore tfs. I wonder how far this line will go.

Thu Jan 03, 2019 2:20 am
Reply to topic   [ 6 posts ]