SerpentorsLair.info - View topic - THE POP EXPOSE 'Christmas' by Mitchell Smith!

View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Tue Mar 26, 2019 8:05 am

Reply to topic  [ 1 post ] 
THE POP EXPOSE 'Christmas' by Mitchell Smith! 
Founder
Founder

Faction: Justice League
Code Name: Man of Steel
 THE POP EXPOSE 'Christmas' by Mitchell Smith!
Christmas has always been one of my favorite holidays. I have had many great Christmas moments and I’m sure you have heard a couple but these are a few of my personal favorite Christmas moments. When I was little we always went to my grandparents house in Lake Placid site of the 1932 and 1980 Winter Olympics. It was always an adventure traveling through Cascade Lakes, pretty much a narrow path that cut through the mountains, it was always dark, cold, and snowing it seemed on Christmas eve. Once we got out of the Cascades there off to the left up on the side of Mt. Van Hovenburg the bobsled run was all light up.

Out in the middle of the woods its quite a site to see it all lit up. The bob run is a wild ride if you ever get a chance to try it out. Any how so Christmas eve and the Grand parents then Christmas morning we always woke up to Santa. 1982 was one of my best years I can remember. As a 7 year old the GI Joes were so cool. I remember getting Breaker, Flash, Short Fuze, a Vamp, and an M.M.S., which I still have the base to, but of course they were all to share with my 2 older brothers. I didn’t get any more Joes for Christmas till 1986 and that is an awesome year, but none were quite as special as 1982. It's not all about gifts though. When I got older and started my own family a couple hundred miles from where I grew up, we did the Christmas Eve thing at the Grandparents and then we would get the kids to sleep and start wrapping presents for them.

One particular year I had lined my walkway with red lights and told the kids it was a landing strip for Santa. I had been drinking a bit and didn’t realize at the time the Brooklyn Chocolate Stout packed so much punch. So I went out to make some hoof prints and sled marks. Great fun when the kids woke up to see the presents and saw that Santa had landed. A little later after we opened presents, then I was taking the garbage out and there in the back of the house was an imprint of my body in the snow along with my glasses and hat. Apparently those beers were stronger then I thought and I didn’t remember falling down in the snow, but now I know why I woke up with a headache, LOL.

I have had many special moments and I’ve found in my ripe old age that the most special gift anyone can give is to just show up, give you a smile, a hug, and some company. That’s more special then getting any store bought gift. So go this Christmas with a big heart and a happy smile and enjoy it for all of its glory. Wishing everyone a safe and Merry Christmas.

Mon Dec 24, 2018 11:20 am
Profile Send private message
Reply to topic   [ 1 post ]