SerpentorsLair.info - View topic - G.I. Joe Snake Eyes Director talks in progress

View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Dec 13, 2018 7:36 pm

Reply to topic  [ 18 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
G.I. Joe Snake Eyes Director talks in progress 
Founder
Founder

Faction: Justice League
Code Name: Man of Steel
Post Re: G.I. Joe Snake Eyes Director talks in progress
You are spot on with the focus group idea. They always hire focus groups for these things, i wonder how you ever get in touch with someone who has been on one. I would like to pick the brain of a focus group member who was on the Rise of Cobra Panel.

Wed Dec 05, 2018 6:09 pm
Profile Send private message
Editorial Moderator
Editorial Moderator

Faction: neutral
Code Name: classified
File Name: classified
Aliases: skinnyjoefan
Primary Military Specialty: classified
Secondary Military Specialty: classified
yorktownjoe wrote:
As for the Snake-Eyes movie, they seriously need to just bring skinny in as a consultant. I mean, c'mon man!!?
Is there anyone who could preserve a Larry Hama homage to the original?

As for the talking, Hama told the story by giving 3rd person accounts from the perspective of Hawk, Stalker and Scarlett, eventually culminating with Storm Shadow.
He never spoke a word, but the readers were able to follow the story.

Then again, the world was not the same then as it is now. People had the attention span to read, and the imagination to consider "what if?" With virtual reality, 4K HD, and realistic video games, very few people read prolifically, and even fewer possess imagination.

A consultant eh? I doubt anyone at Hasbro or Paramount know who I am. I will take the compliment though.

Hollywood studios make formula movies and even re-use scenes filmed from other movies. Bay is known for this.

I have researched the comics quite a bit I even wrote ten or more chapters about the comics. The central character is Snake Eyes, no doubt. Once we hit issue ten...

Wed Dec 05, 2018 7:02 pm
Founder
Founder

skinny wrote:
yorktownjoe wrote:
As for the Snake-Eyes movie, they seriously need to just bring skinny in as a consultant. I mean, c'mon man!!?

As for the talking, Hama told the story by giving 3rd person accounts from the perspective of Hawk, Stalker and Scarlett, eventually culminating with Storm Shadow.

Then again, the world was not the same then as it is now. People had the attention span to read, and the imagination to consider "what if?" With virtual reality, 4K HD, and realistic video games, very few people read prolifically, and even fewer possess imagination.

A consultant eh? I doubt anyone at Hasbro or Paramount know who I am. I will take the compliment though.

Hollywood studios make formula movies and even re-use scenes filmed from other movies. Bay is known for this.

I have researched the comics quite a bit I even wrote ten or more chapters about the comics. The central character is Snake Eyes, no doubt. Once we hit issue ten...

Not to jump off topic but how do we get to read your fanfiction based on the comics? :+D

Wed Dec 05, 2018 7:47 pm
Editorial Moderator
Editorial Moderator

⚡ Kal-El ⚡ wrote:
skinny wrote:
yorktownjoe wrote:

Not to jump off topic but how do we get to read your fanfiction based on the comics? :+D

Its a documentary, or will be eventually... maybe.

Maybe one day I will write Flashback in novel form.

Wed Dec 05, 2018 8:33 pm
Founder
Founder

Faction: Gi Joe
Code Name: Protoxero
File Name: Unknowen
Aliases: Proto
Primary Military Specialty: Ninja
Secondary Military Specialty: Covert Opps
Grade: 0-4
⚡ Kal-El ⚡ wrote:
You are spot on with the focus group idea. They always hire focus groups for these things, i wonder how you ever get in touch with someone who has been on one. I would like to pick the brain of a focus group member who was on the Rise of Cobra Panel.

You know these "focus groops" are 90% full of ppl that have no clue on they are doing. Example roc CCs origin story.

Wed Dec 05, 2018 8:55 pm
Founder
Founder

I dont know. 50/50 on director. Could be a nice surprise and relief but his directing resume isnt great

Wed Dec 05, 2018 10:51 pm
Founder
Founder

STORMSHADOW__210 wrote:
I dont know. 50/50 on director. Could be a nice surprise and relief but his directing resume isnt great

Wait you mean you weren't forced to watch the Divergent movies with your teen daughter like i was? *boxing*

Thu Dec 06, 2018 10:29 am
Editorial Moderator
Editorial Moderator

STORMSHADOW__210 wrote:

I watched "The Captain" today.
He will be fine.

Sat Dec 08, 2018 7:31 pm
Reply to topic   [ 18 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2