SerpentorsLair.info - View topic - THE POP EXPOSE 'Christmas Movies' By Mitchell Smith!

View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sun Dec 09, 2018 5:28 pm

Reply to topic  [ 1 post ] 
THE POP EXPOSE 'Christmas Movies' By Mitchell Smith! 
Founder
Founder

Faction: Justice League
Code Name: Man of Steel
 THE POP EXPOSE 'Christmas Movies' By Mitchell Smith!
It’s the most wonderful time of the year. We are sliding hard, Thanksgiving is in our dust and Christmas is fast approaching. There are many great things I love about this time of year and one is watching some of my all time favorite Christmas movies. I’m narrowing my list to my top 7 in no particular order, not to slight the many other great movies but these are simply the 7 I have to watch at least once this time of year.

– I have been told before that I am Elf, LOL, maybe a little, this is one classic that I try and catch this time of the year. The great thing about Elf is you can catch in July during the Leon fest and it is just as good. I am catching a stage production of this one this year as well so it should be really good. Will Farrell is the lovable over sized Elf and the comedy brings joy to me and many others year after year.

A Christmas Story – How can you get through a season without watching one of the greatest movies ever made. Just all around joy for me. The times have changed but life kind of unfolds today much like it did in the 1940’s. This is one movie I never get sick of watching at least once a year.

Home Alone – This is one of my favorite 90’s movies. It’s an all around good movie combining life lessons, comedy and a good old fashion ass whooping. This one packed a pretty stellar cast including the late great John Candy. This one takes me back to a simpler time in life and I enjoy trying to catch this one that is rarely played on TV, but with all the hi tech stuff these days I found it on Tubi TV or one of those, but it still is one of my favorites.

National Lampoon’s Christmas Vacation – Does anyone do Christmas Like the Griswold’s? This is a holiday classic and one of the best holiday movies. I’m sure many of us can relate to this movie and dealing with Christmas and relatives. Full of laughs and holiday cheer this is sure to be one of my holiday staple movies to catch once a year or at this point catch bits and pieces and the rest I have stowed away in the memory banks.

How the Grinch Stole Christmas – I’m not sure if any other person in the world could have brought together the classic cartoon character like him, but Jim Carey is and always will be the Grinch. Bringing the Grinch and Whoville alive in this live action movie was awesome when they did it and this one became a true instant classic.

The Santa Clause – When the first movie came out Tim Allen was still Tim the Tool Man to me but soon grew on me. It was a new way to look at the classic King of Christmas. A tail for the times that was followed up with a couple movies after. Its proof enough for me that there is a Santa, so I try and catch at least one of the movies this time of the year.

Scrooged – This classic Christmas Dickens story has been produced many times over the years. This was brought to life by Bill Murray and the big screen. I’ve always enjoyed this classic story, its simple but reiterates the true meaning of Christmas. It’s a time of reflection, hope, and generosity. Bill does a great job and this one is always a joy to catch at Christmas time.

I hope you enjoyed my list of favorite movies, I’m sure you have your own favorites that remind you of a different time in your life and they all may help reflect good times spent with good friends and family. So make sure to set aside some time to catch a few of my favorites and a few of your favorites and enjoy the holiday.

Last bumped by ⚡ Kal-El ⚡ on Mon Dec 03, 2018 10:55 am.

Mon Dec 03, 2018 10:55 am
Profile Send private message
Reply to topic   [ 1 post ]