SerpentorsLair.info - View topic - Snake Eyes the movie

View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Mon Oct 22, 2018 7:08 am

Reply to topic  [ 14 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
Snake Eyes the movie 
Founder
Founder

Post Re: Snake Eyes the movie
A entire movie centered around a character that doesnt speak from a possible non rebooted dark box office bad reviewed joe universe cloud hanging over it....not oozing with faith. Hope for best and prepare for worst i guess.

Mon May 14, 2018 10:48 pm
Profile Send private message
Editoral Moderator
Editoral Moderator

Faction: GIJOE
Code Name: yorktownjoe
File Name: Joe K.
Primary Military Specialty: Counter-Intelligence
Secondary Military Specialty: Sense o' humor
Grade: O-4
I guess they could have him strapped to the brain wave scanner and have the whole movie narrated by Dr. Venom trying to interpret the thoughts on the screen...

...or not.

I loved Resolute. And Renegades was a decent reboot.
Maybe it just translate well to live action?? Just animated toons and books???

Mon May 14, 2018 11:23 pm
Founder
Founder

Faction: Justice League
Code Name: Man of Steel
yorktownjoe wrote:
I guess they could have him strapped to the brain wave scanner and have the whole movie narrated by Dr. Venom trying to interpret the thoughts on the screen...

...or not.

I liked the animation and the grit of Resolute, but i didn't get on board with killing off characters just for shock value, i thought that was lame. It took Larry Hama years to kill of major characters. SuperHero shows are huge now and Hasbro is just wasting the opportunity to do a live action G.I.Joe show even if it was on a streaming service. You could stream it on Youtube or Netflix, there are a million platforms. I don't understand honestly how some of the brand managers at Hasbro keep their jobs.

ImageImage

Tue May 15, 2018 2:00 pm
Editoral Moderator
Editoral Moderator

Faction: GIJOE
Code Name: yorktownjoe
File Name: Joe K.
Primary Military Specialty: Counter-Intelligence
Secondary Military Specialty: Sense o' humor
Grade: O-4
⚡ Kal-El ⚡ wrote:
yorktownjoe wrote:

...or not.

I liked the animation and the grit of Resolute, but i didn't get on board with killing off characters just for shock value, i thought that was lame. It took Larry Hama years to kill of major characters. SuperHero shows are huge now and Hasbro is just wasting the opportunity to do a live action G.I.Joe show even if it was on a streaming service. You could stream it on Youtube or Netflix, there are a million platforms. I don't understand honestly how some of the brand managers at Hasbro keep their jobs.

Agreed. I didn't care for the random killing in Resolute, but watching Snake-Eyes dispatch Cobra troopers and booby trapping grenade belts: Classic comic type stuff. Not sure if you could have a really long series like that though. Eventually, they would run out of "edgy."

Having a live action short series on Netflix or Amazon could gauge some interest. Pretty sure they keep track of how many people watch those. If it is well received, keep it going. If not, it's just season 1.

I am fine with introducing new "Joe-like" characters.
I'm even fine with modernizing existing characters into today's more current environment.
I'm not a fan of re-booting existing characters.

For example:

Don't do - Today, Raphael "Zap" Melendez will be a Japanese exchange student at MIT working on particle physics.
Do - Introduce a new character, Dr. Shikaku Matzusaka who is visiting MIT for a conference on particle physics and ends up helping the Joes during an episode.

Don't do - Have Dial-Tone free of his mustache, and gender changed.
Do - Introduce a new character, Jill Morelli code-name Switchboard, cousin of the late Dial-Tone (if he was KIA on a mission bravely, or retired from active duty).

See how easy it is to accomplish character goals without swerving into the oncoming lane of fan resistance?

Tue May 15, 2018 5:49 pm
Reply to topic   [ 14 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2