SerpentorsLair.info - View topic - Show Off your 3RD Party G.I.Joe's!

View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Nov 22, 2018 6:26 am


Reply to topic  [ 57 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
Show Off your 3RD Party G.I.Joe's! 
Author Message
User avatar
Founder
Founder

Joined: Fri Feb 11, 2011 7:22 pm
Posts: 9698
Faction: Gi Joe
Code Name: Protoxero
File Name: Unknowen
Aliases: Proto
Primary Military Specialty: Ninja
Secondary Military Specialty: Covert Opps
Grade: 0-4
Post Re: Show Off your 3RD Party G.I.Joe's!
yorktownjoe wrote:
One of the figures I got from blackmajor

Image



Also, a short instagram video, not sure if there is a way to embed that...but the link should take you to the post.
It is my same figure honing his blades over the flickering light from the Onihashi Forge.

Suicide Squad: with Harley Quinn #suicidesquad #torontolife

A video posted by Ryan Ramsey (@ramsey.rgba) on




Wow he's really cool looks like it's time for me to get one now.

_________________
Image
ImageImage


Fri Nov 09, 2018 1:37 pm
Profile Send private message
User avatar
Editoral Moderator
Editoral Moderator

Joined: Fri Aug 26, 2011 7:03 pm
Posts: 4477
Faction: GIJOE
Code Name: yorktownjoe
File Name: Joe K.
Primary Military Specialty: Counter-Intelligence
Secondary Military Specialty: Sense o' humor
Grade: O-4
Post Re: Show Off your 3RD Party G.I.Joe's!
I also picked up Night Viper Stinger from blackmajor, but all my pictures of him were a bit blurry. Sorry!

It is a solid Night Viper mold with an excellent color palette. I didn't know how sturdy the plastic would feel, but they "feel" really like standard ARAH.

Now I sincerely regret getting rid of my Python Patrol standard sculpt Viper.
I think I have a beat up PP Televiper and CG that might look good matched with him. I'll check this weekend.

Oh and he threw in one of his chrome Snake-Eyes v1/Invasor heads as a bonus for that Firefly/Storm Shadow that I named Shadowfly. What a great guy!!

Image

_________________
Image
ImageImage


Fri Nov 09, 2018 5:08 pm
Profile Send private message
Online
User avatar
Founder
Founder

Joined: Thu Feb 10, 2011 7:31 pm
Posts: 82708
Location: Coweta Ok.
Faction: Justice League
Code Name: Man of Steel
Post Re: Show Off your 3RD Party G.I.Joe's!
yorktownjoe wrote:
I also picked up Night Viper Stinger from blackmajor, but all my pictures of him were a bit blurry. Sorry!

It is a solid Night Viper mold with an excellent color palette. I didn't know how sturdy the plastic would feel, but they "feel" really like standard ARAH.

Now I sincerely regret getting rid of my Python Patrol standard sculpt Viper.
I think I have a beat up PP Televiper and CG that might look good matched with him. I'll check this weekend.

Oh and he threw in one of his chrome Snake-Eyes v1/Invasor heads as a bonus for that Firefly/Storm Shadow that I named Shadowfly. What a great guy!!

Image


Stay tuned because Red Laser is getting ready to release a Python Patrol Viper here is the concept picture.

Image

_________________
Image
ImageImage


Fri Nov 09, 2018 11:48 pm
Profile Send private message
User avatar
Editoral Moderator
Editoral Moderator

Joined: Fri Aug 26, 2011 7:03 pm
Posts: 4477
Faction: GIJOE
Code Name: yorktownjoe
File Name: Joe K.
Primary Military Specialty: Counter-Intelligence
Secondary Military Specialty: Sense o' humor
Grade: O-4
Post Re: Show Off your 3RD Party G.I.Joe's!
⚡ Kal-El ⚡ wrote:
Stay tuned because Red Laser is getting ready to release a Python Patrol Viper here is the concept picture.

Image


Oh man! Oh man! Oh man!

_________________
Image
ImageImage


Wed Nov 14, 2018 4:43 pm
Profile Send private message
User avatar
Editoral Moderator
Editoral Moderator

Joined: Fri Aug 26, 2011 7:03 pm
Posts: 4477
Faction: GIJOE
Code Name: yorktownjoe
File Name: Joe K.
Primary Military Specialty: Counter-Intelligence
Secondary Military Specialty: Sense o' humor
Grade: O-4
Post Re: Show Off your 3RD Party G.I.Joe's!
For those of you who buy 3rd party figures a lot, how does the "weight" or "feel" of the plastic compare with ARAH figures in your collection.

I am probably only going to buy a few figures here or there. But I'm curious.

blackmajor's 2 figures that I just acquired "felt" like ARAH grade plastic.
Kal-El generously sent me a Red Laser Sky Patrol Steel Brigade figure who looks fantastic! I would say the plastic "feels" a wee bit lighter than ARAH on that one.
This will not impact photography at all. I'm just curious for thumb and waist durability, so I can give appropriate care when handling and posing them with accessories.

I imagine this could just be factory level issues, and maybe one batch run might not compare with another batch run, even when they use the same molds.

I am thankful for new figures that can enhance my current Joeverse. It is really making me think about parting company with some of my modern era stuff.

_________________
Image
ImageImage


Wed Nov 14, 2018 4:57 pm
Profile Send private message
Online
User avatar
Founder
Founder

Joined: Thu Feb 10, 2011 7:31 pm
Posts: 82708
Location: Coweta Ok.
Faction: Justice League
Code Name: Man of Steel
Post Re: Show Off your 3RD Party G.I.Joe's!
yorktownjoe wrote:
For those of you who buy 3rd party figures a lot, how does the "weight" or "feel" of the plastic compare with ARAH figures in your collection.

I am probably only going to buy a few figures here or there. But I'm curious.

blackmajor's 2 figures that I just acquired "felt" like ARAH grade plastic.
Kal-El generously sent me a Red Laser Sky Patrol Steel Brigade figure who looks fantastic! I would say the plastic "feels" a wee bit lighter than ARAH on that one.
This will not impact photography at all. I'm just curious for thumb and waist durability, so I can give appropriate care when handling and posing them with accessories.

I imagine this could just be factory level issues, and maybe one batch run might not compare with another batch run, even when they use the same molds.

I am thankful for new figures that can enhance my current Joeverse. It is really making me think about parting company with some of my modern era stuff.


On the Black Major Side, i would say the alley vipers and night vipers are really close to Hasbro quality plastic. The weapons are definitely not they are very fragile. Especially the Night Viper guns. On the Red Laser side of things some of the figures have really nice joints and plastic and some are lower quality. The Steel brigade figure seem to be made at a different factory from some of the other figures. Like the Bats and Vipers for example seem to be a heavier plastic. Overall the only issues i have had with any 3rd party figures is the Iron Grenadiers i bought from Letal, i had thumb issues but they replaced the arm for free for me.

As for my top picks on the best figures so far, definitely 'Wheel's' and 'Commando' from Red Laser and the Muton Bats. On the Black Major side, i think my favorite figure is the White and Grey camo new Alley Viper it looks like it could be a Hasbro release.

Although, the next few days i am going to try and get some pictures of the new Black Major 'Ninja Vipers' so i may change my mind.......lol.


Image

_________________
Image
ImageImage


Wed Nov 14, 2018 7:58 pm
Profile Send private message
User avatar
Founder
Founder

Joined: Fri Feb 11, 2011 7:22 pm
Posts: 9698
Faction: Gi Joe
Code Name: Protoxero
File Name: Unknowen
Aliases: Proto
Primary Military Specialty: Ninja
Secondary Military Specialty: Covert Opps
Grade: 0-4
Post Re: Show Off your 3RD Party G.I.Joe's!
⚡ Kal-El ⚡ wrote:
yorktownjoe wrote:
For those of you who buy 3rd party figures a lot, how does the "weight" or "feel" of the plastic compare with ARAH figures in your collection.

I am probably only going to buy a few figures here or there. But I'm curious.

blackmajor's 2 figures that I just acquired "felt" like ARAH grade plastic.
Kal-El generously sent me a Red Laser Sky Patrol Steel Brigade figure who looks fantastic! I would say the plastic "feels" a wee bit lighter than ARAH on that one.
This will not impact photography at all. I'm just curious for thumb and waist durability, so I can give appropriate care when handling and posing them with accessories.

I imagine this could just be factory level issues, and maybe one batch run might not compare with another batch run, even when they use the same molds.

I am thankful for new figures that can enhance my current Joeverse. It is really making me think about parting company with some of my modern era stuff.


On the Black Major Side, i would say the alley vipers and night vipers are really close to Hasbro quality plastic. The weapons are definitely not they are very fragile. Especially the Night Viper guns. On the Red Laser side of things some of the figures have really nice joints and plastic and some are lower quality. The Steel brigade figure seem to be made at a different factory from some of the other figures. Like the Bats and Vipers for example seem to be a heavier plastic. Overall the only issues i have had with any 3rd party figures is the Iron Grenadiers i bought from Letal, i had thumb issues but they replaced the arm for free for me.

As for my top picks on the best figures so far, definitely 'Wheel's' and 'Commando' from Red Laser and the Muton Bats. On the Black Major side, i think my favorite figure is the White and Grey camo new Alley Viper it looks like it could be a Hasbro release.

Although, the next few days i am going to try and get some pictures of the new Black Major 'Ninja Vipers' so i may change my mind.......lol.


Image


I have both a Hasbro ninja viper and a black major ninja viper, and id say the quality is real close to the original.

_________________
Image
ImageImage


Thu Nov 15, 2018 1:04 am
Profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Reply to topic   [ 57 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum


Search for:
Jump to:  

Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group Color scheme created with Colorize It.
Designed by ST Software.