SerpentorsLair.info - View topic - Show Off your 3RD Party G.I.Joe's!

View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Mon Nov 19, 2018 10:35 am

Reply to topic  [ 57 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Show Off your 3RD Party G.I.Joe's! 
Founder
Founder

Faction: Justice League
Code Name: Man of Steel
Post Re: Show Off your 3RD Party G.I.Joe's!
yorktownjoe wrote:
protoxero wrote:
⚡ Kal-El ⚡ wrote:
yorktownjoe wrote:
I have the Night Viper Stinger and Shadowfly (Storm Shadow sculpt in Firefly deco/colors) ordered.

I'm like a little kid and can hardly wait!!

I know right? It is so fun being able to get new o-ring figures again. And it seems like the more they make the better they get at it. Just wait until the new Redlaser figures get here. They are going to blow people away.

Is it just me or does the red laser summer set seam like it's turning more in to the winter set? Honesty i had dream they showed up but that's all it was a dream.

I thought I saw Red Laser post something on FB or Instagram apologizing about the delays. I'm sure those are outside of his control.

Those two I mentioned are coming from blackmajor.
I'm on a claim list for a short run of another figure, but I don't want to jinx it by saying what figure, just in case it gets hosed overseas. If and when, I'll post pictures in this thread.

Well half of the red laser summer set figures have arrived, but, first they were going to come unassembled, then the factory assembled them but all incorrectly, so now rather than just sorting parts and mailing them out to the people who chose to assemble their figures themselves, he is having to unassemble everything and then sort. Not to mention that the second half of the order has not arrived yet. It is mind blowing, they must have zero quality control in China.

Mon Nov 05, 2018 1:58 pm
Profile Send private message
Editoral Moderator
Editoral Moderator

Faction: GIJOE
Code Name: yorktownjoe
File Name: Joe K.
Primary Military Specialty: Counter-Intelligence
Secondary Military Specialty: Sense o' humor
Grade: O-4
⚡ Kal-El ⚡ wrote:
yorktownjoe wrote:
protoxero wrote:
⚡ Kal-El ⚡ wrote:
yorktownjoe wrote:
I have the Night Viper Stinger and Shadowfly (Storm Shadow sculpt in Firefly deco/colors) ordered.

I know right? It is so fun being able to get new o-ring figures again. And it seems like the more they make the better they get at it. Just wait until the new Redlaser figures get here. They are going to blow people away.

Is it just me or does the red laser summer set seam like it's turning more in to the winter set? Honesty i had dream they showed up but that's all it was a dream.

I thought I saw Red Laser post something on FB or Instagram apologizing about the delays. I'm sure those are outside of his control.

I'm on a claim list for a short run of another figure, but I don't want to jinx it by saying what figure, just in case it gets hosed overseas. If and when, I'll post pictures in this thread.

Well half of the red laser summer set figures have arrived, but, first they were going to come unassembled, then the factory assembled them but all incorrectly, so now rather than just sorting parts and mailing them out to the people who chose to assemble their figures themselves, he is having to unassemble everything and then sort. Not to mention that the second half of the order has not arrived yet. It is mind blowing, they must have zero quality control in China.

So 2018 Chinese factories aren't as good as Hong Kong in the 80's? Where is my "Home Alone" shocked surprised face!!
Boot-leggers (err, 3rd party O-ring figure producers) really can't complain to anyone. I mean, who would they complain to without getting in a little trouble?

I wish him all the best in getting it sorted out. I respect the hustle/hard work. Maybe some day all of this work can be 3D-printed in house and within our borders by people who aren't color blind.

I wish some frequently broken Joe and Cobra pieces could be 3D printed NOW!

For me, I would love the gray vertical lift piece that attaches to the Night Raven cockpit. Mine is slightly broken, but still holds the Strato-Vipers in. But some day I'm worred they will "Bail out" in a bad fashion...

Also random things like spotlights for a Raider or the little satellite dish on top of the Maggot's small front vehicle gun. (Things that busted during moves.) These are all single colored gray or black pieces that could help, but would make no sense to mass produce like figures.

I thought somebody was trying to print or mold F.A.N.G. engine covers. It's hard because of the huge secondary market right now. I would like a few repro things to make things functional. other people want to make incomplete vehicles "complete" so they can bamboozle unsuspecting buyers.

Mon Nov 05, 2018 2:29 pm
Founder
Founder

yorktownjoe wrote:
⚡ Kal-El ⚡ wrote:
yorktownjoe wrote:
protoxero wrote:
⚡ Kal-El ⚡ wrote:
yorktownjoe wrote:

So 2018 Chinese factories aren't as good as Hong Kong in the 80's? Where is my "Home Alone" shocked surprised face!!
Boot-leggers (err, 3rd party O-ring figure producers) really can't complain to anyone. I mean, who would they complain to without getting in a little trouble?

I wish him all the best in getting it sorted out. I respect the hustle/hard work. Maybe some day all of this work can be 3D-printed in house and within our borders by people who aren't color blind.

I wish some frequently broken Joe and Cobra pieces could be 3D printed NOW!

For me, I would love the gray vertical lift piece that attaches to the Night Raven cockpit. Mine is slightly broken, but still holds the Strato-Vipers in. But some day I'm worred they will "Bail out" in a bad fashion...

Also random things like spotlights for a Raider or the little satellite dish on top of the Maggot's small front vehicle gun. (Things that busted during moves.) These are all single colored gray or black pieces that could help, but would make no sense to mass produce like figures.

I thought somebody was trying to print or mold F.A.N.G. engine covers. It's hard because of the huge secondary market right now. I would like a few repro things to make things functional. other people want to make incomplete vehicles "complete" so they can bamboozle unsuspecting buyers.

I don't know if you saw these or not, but there are going to be some Joefest 2019 exclusive Night Force Vehicles that are being made with newly casted parts to make them different. I talked to the guy making them and all of the red parts are newly casted. I would love to see someone take on another project like this going forward and make more than 10 of each vehicle.

Mon Nov 05, 2018 6:27 pm
Editoral Moderator
Editoral Moderator

Those vehicles look like the Shadow Guard is armed up and ready to go.

Could you imagine a blackmajor Night Viper with a base color of black and then red highlighted details for contrast? I imagine they would look great with these vehicles.

Tue Nov 06, 2018 10:04 am
Founder
Founder

Faction: Gi Joe
Code Name: Protoxero
File Name: Unknowen
Aliases: Proto
Primary Military Specialty: Ninja
Secondary Military Specialty: Covert Opps
Grade: 0-4
I wonder if there's a way to do 3rd party vehicles, since the 3rd party Joes are blowing up, that wolverine got me thinking we need some joe bros to step up and start 3rd party vehicles, small stuff ofc new colors and logos. How cool would a crimson fang be?? Factory produced.

Tue Nov 06, 2018 12:42 pm
Founder
Founder

protoxero wrote:
I wonder if there's a way to do 3rd party vehicles, since the 3rd party Joes are blowing up, that wolverine got me thinking we need some joe bros to step up and start 3rd party vehicles, small stuff ofc new colors and logos. How cool would a crimson fang be?? Factory produced.

A little mouse told me that there is a G.I.Joe 3rd party vehicle in the works that is a new mold. That said let's just hope that this fiasco with the factories this time doesn't put the kibosh on it.

I agree with what YTJ said. This stuff could be easily 3d printed if someone had the money to invest in a 3d printer.

Tue Nov 06, 2018 2:18 pm
Founder
Founder

Anyone seen these awesome figs yet?

Thu Nov 08, 2018 4:04 pm
Editoral Moderator
Editoral Moderator

One of the figures I got from blackmajor

Also, a short instagram video, not sure if there is a way to embed that...but the link should take you to the post.
It is my same figure honing his blades over the flickering light from the Onihashi Forge.

Suicide Squad: with Harley Quinn #suicidesquad #torontolife

A video posted by Ryan Ramsey (@ramsey.rgba) on

Fri Nov 09, 2018 10:53 am
Founder
Founder

AWESOME! Fixed your instagram vid for you too.

Fri Nov 09, 2018 10:57 am
Editoral Moderator
Editoral Moderator

⚡ Kal-El ⚡ wrote:
AWESOME! Fixed your instagram vid for you too.

Thank you!

I looked at the edit, and I think I can do that next time. :-) I thought the tag was [ig][/ig], but when I tried that, it didn't work.
[instagram][/instagram] does make sense...

Fri Nov 09, 2018 11:09 am
Reply to topic   [ 57 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next