SerpentorsLair.info - View topic - G.I.JOE GENERAL DISCUSSION

View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Mon Sep 23, 2019 1:38 am

Reply to topic  [ 369 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37  Next
G.I.JOE GENERAL DISCUSSION 
Founder
Founder

Faction: Justice League
Code Name: Man of Steel
Post Re: G.I.JOE GENERAL DISCUSSION
protoxero wrote:
yorktownjoe wrote:
When you travel, do you bring a couple figures with you in case a photography opportunity arises?

If so, do you randomly pick or are there some go to Joe's and Cobras?

Travelling the rest of the week. Trying to balance the risk of them leaving the house with the reward of some bonus pictures.

Thoughts??

I normally bring a Joe or TF with me when I go out the house. Some times they guard the car when I'm in some store. Other times I just bring my new favorite one around to show friends and my family, I also use a Joe when playing catan for the robber. I'd like to bring one to work but I don't due to me worrying about it getting full of grease and oil. Or getting totally lost or jacked. I freak out if I loose parts. Most of my Joe's travel in a zip lock bag if they have lots of parts with them or I just leave the parts home.

If Cobra Commander had known all he had to do to trap Joes was take over a ziplock bag plant, he would have done that years ago. ^ha^ ^ha^

Fri Apr 05, 2019 4:11 pm
Profile Send private message
Founder
Founder

Going to attempt this for cobra island with beach as flagg docks

https://youtu.be/_ovNbnjRUNQ

Sun Apr 07, 2019 10:33 pm
Editoral Moderator
Editoral Moderator

Faction: Cobra Contractor
Code Name: YorktownJoe
File Name: CLASSIFIED
Aliases: YTJ (more acronym than alias)
Primary Military Specialty: Counter-Intelligence
Secondary Military Specialty: Sense o' humor
Grade: O-4
STORMSHADOW__210 wrote:
Going to attempt this for cobra island with beach as flagg docks

https://youtu.be/_ovNbnjRUNQ

That waterfalll is cool. What a great idea to simulate running water!

Sun Apr 07, 2019 11:45 pm
Founder
Founder

I went to hobby lobby and got woodland senics. I really love doing landscape dios to display joes.in action museum battle style

Tue Apr 09, 2019 12:35 am
Editoral Moderator
Editoral Moderator

STORMSHADOW__210 wrote:
I went to hobby lobby and got woodland senics. I really love doing landscape dios to display joes.in action museum battle style

Once you build it, you might want waterfall sound effects. And maybe a little Johnny Douglas Sunbow background music. :wink:

Just make sure we get to see pictures!!

Tue Apr 09, 2019 9:23 am
Founder
Founder

Can someone explain to me how if G.I.Joe and action figures are so not viable anymore why i see a crap ton of these Fortnite figures selling everywhere and they are essentially G.I.Joe's. I think mabee action figures are still viable if they are marketed correctly.

Fri Apr 19, 2019 11:52 am
Founder
Founder

Faction: Gi Joe
Code Name: Protoxero
File Name: Unknowen
Aliases: Proto
Primary Military Specialty: Ninja
Secondary Military Specialty: Covert Opps
Grade: 0-4
⚡ Kal-El ⚡ wrote:
Can someone explain to me how if G.I.Joe and action figures are so not viable anymore why i see a crap ton of these Fortnite figures selling everywhere and they are essentially G.I.Joe's. I think mabee action figures are still viable if they are marketed correctly.

I see em and I've come close to buying one just because there is no new Joe's and yes these are basically Joe's that just look really stupid. Joe is still viable today Hasbro is just stupid and wants to loose money. We can only hope they give Joe the re issue treatment that TF is getting now. But even that's iffy because no one has a clue at Hasbro what to do with joe. It's time to just give it to someone who has a good plan and business to move it forward.

Fri Apr 19, 2019 1:21 pm
Founder
Founder

protoxero wrote:
⚡ Kal-El ⚡ wrote:

I see em and I've come close to buying one just because there is no new Joe's and yes these are basically Joe's that just look really stupid. Joe is still viable today Hasbro is just stupid and wants to loose money. We can only hope they give Joe the re issue treatment that TF is getting now. But even that's iffy because no one has a clue at Hasbro what to do with joe. It's time to just give it to someone who has a good plan and business that's to move it forward.

I saw one of those Fortnite figures that looked like a straight up rip off of Firefly i couldn't believe it.

Fri Apr 19, 2019 1:22 pm
Founder
Founder

Faction: Gi Joe
Code Name: Protoxero
File Name: Unknowen
Aliases: Proto
Primary Military Specialty: Ninja
Secondary Military Specialty: Covert Opps
Grade: 0-4
⚡ Kal-El ⚡ wrote:
protoxero wrote:
⚡ Kal-El ⚡ wrote:

I see em and I've come close to buying one just because there is no new Joe's and yes these are basically Joe's that just look really stupid. Joe is still viable today Hasbro is just stupid and wants to loose money. We can only hope they give Joe the re issue treatment that TF is getting now. But even that's iffy because no one has a clue at Hasbro what to do with joe. It's time to just give it to someone who has a good plan and business that's to move it forward.

I saw one of those Fortnite figures that looked like a straight up rip off of Firefly i couldn't believe it.

Yeah I almost grabbed him because of that. But I just can't support any new toy lines I collect enough to add any more new lines.

Fri Apr 19, 2019 1:26 pm
Editoral Moderator
Editoral Moderator

I think marketing is the key. Those Fortnite figures look all right, but it's not my passion. They look just a bit weird, and over-priced. If people like them, cool, sell some more! One looks like a surprised Firefly, lol. Initially, they had a few of them placed by the video game section of stores like Target and Walmart. Now I've heard they are taking up real estate in the toy/action figure aisles.

My sons mock Fortnite, to the point where one of their friends gave them a Fortnite Monopoly board game as a joke gift.

But to be honest, their days of Joes are starting to fade, and they play other games online with friends, just not Fortnite. Occasionally my younger son will sit on the floor and HISS tanks will be tearing around blowing stuff up.

On the broader scope, I think video-games have diminished action figure sales, but perhaps with the correct marketing, they could be complimentary.

Fri Apr 19, 2019 1:43 pm
Reply to topic   [ 369 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37  Next