SerpentorsLair.info - View topic - G.I.JOE GENERAL DISCUSSION

View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Jun 20, 2019 5:04 pm

Reply to topic  [ 365 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37  Next
G.I.JOE GENERAL DISCUSSION 
Founder
Founder

Faction: Justice League
Code Name: Man of Steel
Post Re: G.I.JOE GENERAL DISCUSSION
yorktownjoe wrote:
Looking forward to your pictures!

I'm re-habbing my Night Raven. I got a replacement lift piece from another collector. I think I need to gently sand about 1 cm of space where I tried to glue the old lift piece on there about 8 years ago.
When I pulled that out, I noticed a certain part of my Mauler is disintegrating. I'm thinking of selling the good parts off.

I know the motor works and it's clean. But all those gray pieces that hold the bogey wheels on are falling apart. Maybe people will need a motor, a side curtain, engine covers, hatch covers, or bogey wheels?

It's been a while since I posted stuff for sale. Maybe I should hang onto it to trade for other parts of other vehicles I might need.

Im sure Mauler Parts would bring you a good haul in cash or trade, people are always looking for those. My Mauler has been in storage for like 5 years, i hope mine is not rotting too.

Mon Apr 01, 2019 9:41 pm
Profile Send private message
Editoral Moderator
Editoral Moderator

Faction: Cobra Contractor
Code Name: YorktownJoe
File Name: CLASSIFIED
Aliases: YTJ (more acronym than alias)
Primary Military Specialty: Counter-Intelligence
Secondary Military Specialty: Sense o' humor
Grade: O-4
I got the Mauler second hand, so I can't speak to all of her life.

But I think the gray plastic spacers that hold 2 bogeys together are especially susceptible to plastic degradation over time. I only ever had one side curtain armor, but it ran well for me and I didn't care that much. but the "unprotected" side has begun losing those pieces and they were just sitting there loose in my tote. I suspect Cobra saboteurs, but I don't have enough evidence to hold up in a military inquiry tribunal. :wink:

I could use it for a "damaged" vehicle in a backdrop of a dio scene with Heavy Metal working frantically with bogey wheels.
But I think letting her become an "organ donor" for another collector might be the right choice.

Tue Apr 02, 2019 11:07 am
Founder
Founder

Awesome comments. We need to talk joes here more often. Proto i wish i had more wall space. Instead i have a few pegs to keep moc figures amd pay homage to the tru glory days.

Ytj, i recently restored a whale and it was very gratifying

Capt be careful replacing orings. I went to replace cutters and broke his crotch in seconds

Today i actually had a little time to work on my arctic night time snow dio with trees, fire and alaskan stars above

Tue Apr 02, 2019 9:41 pm
Founder
Founder

STORMSHADOW__210 wrote:
Awesome comments. We need to talk joes here more often. Proto i wish i had more wall space. Instead i have a few pegs to keep moc figures amd pay homage to the tru glory days.

Ytj, i recently restored a whale and it was very gratifying

Capt be careful replacing orings. I went to replace cutters and broke his crotch in seconds

Today i actually had a little time to work on my arctic night time snow dio with trees, fire and alaskan stars above

Yes lets talk joes, here is a big pile of my 1988 joes ............ :+D :+D

Tue Apr 02, 2019 10:21 pm
Founder
Founder

Tf jack pot!

Tue Apr 02, 2019 10:44 pm
Editoral Moderator
Editoral Moderator

Faction: Cobra Contractor
Code Name: YorktownJoe
File Name: CLASSIFIED
Aliases: YTJ (more acronym than alias)
Primary Military Specialty: Counter-Intelligence
Secondary Military Specialty: Sense o' humor
Grade: O-4
When you travel, do you bring a couple figures with you in case a photography opportunity arises?

If so, do you randomly pick or are there some go to Joe's and Cobras?

Travelling the rest of the week. Trying to balance the risk of them leaving the house with the reward of some bonus pictures.

Thoughts??

Tue Apr 02, 2019 11:55 pm
Founder
Founder

yorktownjoe wrote:
When you travel, do you bring a couple figures with you in case a photography opportunity arises?

Travelling the rest of the week. Trying to balance the risk of them leaving the house with the reward of some bonus pictures.

Thoughts??

I keep all my joe's as of now' since 98% off them are not displayed in the $1 plastic shoe box tubs you can get at walmart. And they are all separated out into years. I always seem to have one of the tubs in the car, in case i see a cool spot and want to set up a photo. I would bring a few with you in case a really cool picture opportunity arises.

Wed Apr 03, 2019 9:08 am
Founder
Founder

My wife took a bunch of great pics with my fss desert scorpion. Maybe i can sebd capt the pics ? I need to figure out what to do with my pb account. Hard to justify paying them money

Fri Apr 05, 2019 12:46 am
Founder
Founder

STORMSHADOW__210 wrote:
My wife took a bunch of great pics with my fss desert scorpion. Maybe i can sebd capt the pics ? I need to figure out what to do with my pb account. Hard to justify paying them money

Scrap photobucket and make an account at IMGUR its 10,000 times better. In the meantime if you want just send me the pics on facebook and i will post them in here for you.

here is the link if you want to set up yourself an imgur account
https://imgur.com/

Fri Apr 05, 2019 9:07 am
Founder
Founder

Faction: Gi Joe
Code Name: Protoxero
File Name: Unknowen
Aliases: Proto
Primary Military Specialty: Ninja
Secondary Military Specialty: Covert Opps
Grade: 0-4
yorktownjoe wrote:

Thoughts??

I normally bring a Joe or TF with me when I go out the house. Some times they guard the car when I'm in some store. Other times I just bring my new favorite one around to show friends and my family, I also use a Joe when playing catan for the robber. I'd like to bring one to work but I don't due to me worrying about it getting full of grease and oil. Or getting totally lost or jacked. I freak out if I loose parts. Most of my Joe's travel in a zip lock bag if they have lots of parts with them or I just leave the parts home.

Fri Apr 05, 2019 1:37 pm
Reply to topic   [ 365 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37  Next