SerpentorsLair.info - View topic - G.I.JOE GENERAL DISCUSSION

View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Nov 22, 2018 5:29 am

Reply to topic  [ 306 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 27, 28, 29, 30, 31
G.I.JOE GENERAL DISCUSSION 
Founder
Founder

Faction: Gi Joe
Code Name: Protoxero
File Name: Unknowen
Aliases: Proto
Primary Military Specialty: Ninja
Secondary Military Specialty: Covert Opps
Grade: 0-4
Post Re: G.I.JOE GENERAL DISCUSSION
STORMSHADOW__210 wrote:
I think im grateful just for this to exist but he could use a little more stripes

I'm thinking a black permanent marker could fix that.

Tue Nov 06, 2018 11:04 pm
Profile Send private message
Founder
Founder

Faction: Justice League
Code Name: Man of Steel
I don't collect modern era anymore but this New Road Pig is awesome!

Wed Nov 07, 2018 5:03 pm
Founder
Founder

Final 12 is up. Hopefully these don't go on preorder the day before thanksgiving

Tue Nov 13, 2018 5:38 pm
Founder
Founder

STORMSHADOW__210 wrote:
Final 12 is up. Hopefully these don't go on preorder the day before thanksgiving

What i wonder is if the final 12 is the end of the modern era figure. And when and if Hasbro makes more figures they will be in a different scale or style. Sure would love to see them do throwback o-ring figures like they are doing with the g1 t-formers this year.

Wed Nov 14, 2018 10:28 pm
Founder
Founder

Saw where Black Swan shared this on a different forum. Kind of confirms the end of the gi joe ME line period. That said if the price of making a ME figure versus making an O-Ring figure at the factory is that much of a difference, collectors should just go back to 0-ring. I mean the custom 0-ring makers order a minimum of 500 figures and we are charged between $15 and $20 not the insane $42 the club is charging.

Hello Club Members!

There has been several questions that have come in and we want to address them:

1. When does the order period end?

There is no end to the order period. When we run out, that's the end. These products are supposed to ship from China in about 2 weeks and that puts them here around the first of the year. We will start shipping to you as soon as they arrive. When the figures arrive, if there is any quality left that has not been pre-ordered, they will move to an in stock status in the club store.

2. If my membership ends December 31, 2018, will there be anyone at the club to handle my orders?

The CLUB memberships all end December 31, 2018. This means your last magazine will be December 2018. We have an additional 12 months to sell and ship our remaining products to you. This will be the same process as when the Transformers Collectors' Club ended. We will announce next year what the final closing date will be for Fun Publications.

3. Why are the figures more expensive compared to past exclusives?

We understand your concerns. As all of this winds down to the end of G.I. Joe, factories are less willing to make these low production run projects, so pricing has increased drastically and we totally understand fan reactions to the prices. The carded figure pricing is the same as the last convention carded figure exclusives. We were already starting to see some of the increases then. Small production runs are expensive to make if you can even get the factory to make them. They would like the minimum orders to be 5x-10x what we typically order. The only way we have been able to make these figures at all is because of Hasbro's relationship with the factories.

We don't know the future Hasbro has in store for G.I. Joe, but if you look at the current toy market, it seems unlikely you will ever see this product again in this format. Unfortunately, it's kind of the "end of the line".

To give you a pricing comparison: on the Female Troopers from 2016 to the 2018 versions, our manufacturing costs (not including increases in shipping costs) went up 34%! We pushed back on the factory but they would not budge, particularly because we made 1/3rd less than the first set of Female Troopers. The less you run, the more each figure costs. On the Final 12, we picked a number that was in the middle of all of the prior subscription quantities since we could not do the final figures in the FSS format, due to the impending end of the contact.

We appreciate your support over all of these years and we hope your interest in G.I. Joe never fades away!

Brian

PS. After less than 24 hours, we are already 20% sold through these items.

Thu Nov 15, 2018 7:16 pm
Editorial Moderator
Editorial Moderator

Faction: neutral
Code Name: classified
File Name: classified
Aliases: skinnyjoefan
Primary Military Specialty: classified
Secondary Military Specialty: classified
That is last minute scare tactics and marketing by a club President who wants to get every last dime he can before they shut their doors..
However.
It has a ring of truth.
Back Flashback instead...

Thu Nov 15, 2018 9:05 pm
Reply to topic   [ 306 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 27, 28, 29, 30, 31