SerpentorsLair.info - View topic - G.I.JOE GENERAL DISCUSSION

View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Tue Oct 16, 2018 12:01 pm

Reply to topic  [ 298 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30  Next
G.I.JOE GENERAL DISCUSSION 
Editoral Moderator
Editoral Moderator

Faction: GIJOE
Code Name: yorktownjoe
File Name: Joe K.
Primary Military Specialty: Counter-Intelligence
Secondary Military Specialty: Sense o' humor
Grade: O-4
Post Re: G.I.JOE GENERAL DISCUSSION
Are these just as easy to customize with head-swaps or other easy changes like regular O-ringers?
Just curious if anyone has switched things up, or if the plastic is more or less susceptible to internal cracking? Like when the chest will no longer close with those tiny screws.
(That happened with my Beach-Head v1. I can still pose him for pictures, but he won't stay "securely" together because of how many times I opened and closed him in customizing experiments in the 80's.)

Thanks!

Thu Apr 19, 2018 12:07 pm
Profile Send private message
Founder
Founder

Faction: Justice League
Code Name: Man of Steel
yorktownjoe wrote:
Are these just as easy to customize with head-swaps or other easy changes like regular O-ringers?
Just curious if anyone has switched things up, or if the plastic is more or less susceptible to internal cracking? Like when the chest will no longer close with those tiny screws.
(That happened with my Beach-Head v1. I can still pose him for pictures, but he won't stay "securely" together because of how many times I opened and closed him in customizing experiments in the 80's.)

Thanks!

I have seen a lot of people do head swaps and swap out the parts for different things using these. That said i am not sure how many times the back screw would hold up. The plastic on most of the redlaser figures is really nice quality accept for the thumb plastic on one particular set of arms. But so far i have only had trouble with that one arm mold.

ImageImage

Thu Apr 19, 2018 12:17 pm
Founder
Founder

Faction: Gi Joe
Code Name: Protoxero
File Name: Unknowen
Aliases: Proto
Primary Military Specialty: Ninja
Secondary Military Specialty: Covert Opps
Grade: 0-4
I've had luck after the back screw on O ring figs have been stripped, use a drop of super glue in the stripped hole let dry good screw him back together and done he should hold tightly. As for the 3rd party Joes the plastic is a harder quality normally with the hands. So put large handle weapons in the hand at your own risk. As a general rule in my collection no figure is allowed large handle weapons. That way I don't worry about thumb breakage, and normally neon weapons are not allowed in my collection too with a few exceptions. If it don't fit in a hand never force it, just find a better weapon.

Thu Apr 19, 2018 2:32 pm
Founder
Founder

protoxero wrote:
I've had luck after the back screw on O ring figs have been stripped, use a drop of super glue in the stripped hole let dry good screw him back together and done he should hold tightly. As for the 3rd party Joes the plastic is a harder quality normally with the hands. So put large handle weapons in the hand at your own risk. As a general rule in my collection no figure is allowed large handle weapons. That way I don't worry about thumb breakage, and normally neon weapons are not allowed in my collection too with a few exceptions. If it don't fit in a hand never force it, just find a better weapon.

What i ran into was the arms on the 'general' figure and its the same set of arms that go on 'Wheels'. I just tried to use the pistol that he sent with the figures which is a repro of the 1986 Hawk pistol, and first shot at it snapped the thumb off. Same thing happened with my Letal's Crimson IG. It was the gun they sent with it that broke it, which is the original IG gun. But i have to say both Darren and the Letal's guy replaced the arm on both figures for free.

ImageImage

Thu Apr 19, 2018 5:00 pm
Founder
Founder

Faction: Gi Joe
Code Name: Protoxero
File Name: Unknowen
Aliases: Proto
Primary Military Specialty: Ninja
Secondary Military Specialty: Covert Opps
Grade: 0-4
⚡ Kal-El ⚡ wrote:
protoxero wrote:

What i ran into was the arms on the 'general' figure and its the same set of arms that go on 'Wheels'. I just tried to use the pistol that he sent with the figures which is a repro of the 1986 Hawk pistol, and first shot at it snapped the thumb off. Same thing happened with my Letal's Crimson IG. It was the gun they sent with it that broke it, which is the original IG gun. But i have to say both Darren and the Letal's guy replaced the arm on both figures for free.

Yeah both are pretty good at replacing the part if they have extras to do so. I just generally learned not to use certain weapons knowing classic Joes thumbs break with just the right look. But seriously the new 25 fig set is going to be epic, I'm going to have to buy a new display shelf!

Thu Apr 19, 2018 10:48 pm
Founder
Founder

protoxero wrote:
⚡ Kal-El ⚡ wrote:
protoxero wrote:

Yeah both are pretty good at replacing the part if they have extras to do so. I just generally learned not to use certain weapons knowing classic Joes thumbs break with just the right look. But seriously the new 25 fig set is going to be epic, I'm going to have to buy a new display shelf!

There are so many gems in it, but the Asa Negra and the Cobra Urban Task force with the new characters are my favorites.

ImageImage

Fri Apr 20, 2018 9:16 am
Founder
Founder

Saw some new offerings coming from Black Major on Twitter for this September Just in time to start setting up some winter dios. A new 'CANADIAN SNOW SERPENT', 'SOVIET SNOW SERPENT' Check out the new stuff below and let us know if you will be picking some of these figures up!

ImageImage

Mon May 28, 2018 4:30 pm
Editoral Moderator
Editoral Moderator

That camo one though. My, my.

Mon May 28, 2018 6:47 pm
Founder
Founder

yorktownjoe wrote:

Yeah i agree i definitely want one of that one, but i was thinking the soviet one would make for a cool dio to battle the Oktober Guard.

ImageImage

Mon May 28, 2018 6:53 pm
Editoral Moderator
Editoral Moderator

⚡ Kal-El ⚡ wrote:
yorktownjoe wrote:

Yeah i agree i definitely want one of that one, but i was thinking the soviet one would make for a cool dio to battle the Oktober Guard.

Think bigger. Flip a Red Star or Big Bear head on that dude and LBC a new Oktober Guardsman. The logo is ready to roll you straight back into the 80s Cold War. :-)

I need at least one of that Camo guy to help with my Wolf pack patrol. It is 95 here the day I'm posting about winter dios, lol.

Mon May 28, 2018 11:37 pm
Reply to topic   [ 298 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30  Next