SerpentorsLair.info - View topic - NCAA BASKETBALL 2019 DISCUSSION!

View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Wed Aug 21, 2019 4:10 pm

Reply to topic  [ 49 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
NCAA BASKETBALL 2019 DISCUSSION! 
Founder
Founder

Faction: Justice League
Code Name: Man of Steel
 NCAA BASKETBALL 2019 DISCUSSION!
Now that it is getting close to tourney time there are a lot of great games going on. I thought it would be fun to talk about the ones we are all watching. Also just wanted to let everyone know we will be having a NCAA Baskeball tourney contest with prizes next month.

Thu Feb 21, 2019 12:54 pm
Profile Send private message
Founder
Founder

Post Re: NCAA BASKETBALL 2019 DISCUSSION!
Let me kick things off by saying i was so super stoked to watch the Duke vs North Carolina game last night. Then 33 seconds in the game was wrecked by a cheapo pair of Nike's made in China....lol. Im just hoping that Zion Williamson's knee is ok. Don't want the Future Knicks super star having an injury.

That said Nike is taking a beating today over the incident check out the article about it below :D
Nike is facing backlash after Zion Williamson's shoe exploded

Thu Feb 21, 2019 12:56 pm
Editorial Moderator
Editorial Moderator

Code Name: Train
File Name: Mitchell Smith
Aliases: ZAP,
Primary Military Specialty: Heavy Equipment
Secondary Military Specialty: Kung Fu
The rest of this season has some big games, the top 25 is doing a juggling act, there are so many great and evenly matched teams, this should be exciting going down the stretch and into tourney time

Thu Feb 21, 2019 3:06 pm
Founder
Founder

Train wrote:
The rest of this season has some big games, the top 25 is doing a juggling act, there are so many great and evenly matched teams, this should be exciting going down the stretch and into tourney time

My number 1 hope is Kansas does not win the big 12 this year. I hope someone else finally gets a chance to represent the league. Baylor, Texas Tech and Iowa State are really good, any one of them would do great to win the conference. But if Kansas doesn't win the conference will be lucky to get a 3 seed in the tourney. People have no respect for the big 12 as a basketball conference.

Thu Feb 21, 2019 3:14 pm
Editoral Moderator
Editoral Moderator

Faction: Cobra Contractor
Code Name: YorktownJoe
File Name: CLASSIFIED
Aliases: YTJ (more acronym than alias)
Primary Military Specialty: Counter-Intelligence
Secondary Military Specialty: Sense o' humor
Grade: O-4
I'm looking forward to March Madness!!

Looking ahead, which of these three is the worst option?
A) Taking a vacation day from work, not telling my family, and heading off to Buffalo Wild Wings instead.
B) Scheduling my calendar at work really full certain afternoons in March with "Webinars" and "conference calls." Then streaming the games.
C) Ignore the daytime games, focus on work, catching the highlights/recap in the evening once I'm home.
D) Choose option C) but become ineffective at work with a fantasy that I had chosen A) or B)

Thu Feb 21, 2019 4:09 pm
Founder
Founder

yorktownjoe wrote:
I'm looking forward to March Madness!!

Looking ahead, which of these three is the worst option?
A) Taking a vacation day from work, not telling my family, and heading off to Buffalo Wild Wings instead.
B) Scheduling my calendar at work really full certain afternoons in March with "Webinars" and "conference calls." Then streaming the games.
C) Ignore the daytime games, focus on work, catching the highlights/recap in the evening once I'm home.
D) Choose option C) but become ineffective at work with a fantasy that I had chosen A) or B)

Option one seems great, as long as if your wife finds out she doesn't kill you. Option C totally sucks i would skip that one altogether.

As far as streaming, i will probably be streaming most of them live. I prefer watching on SlingTV rather than network when at all possible.

Thu Feb 21, 2019 6:03 pm
Editoral Moderator
Editoral Moderator

Faction: Cobra Contractor
Code Name: YorktownJoe
File Name: CLASSIFIED
Aliases: YTJ (more acronym than alias)
Primary Military Specialty: Counter-Intelligence
Secondary Military Specialty: Sense o' humor
Grade: O-4
I should have tagged my post:

**asking for a friend**

;-)

I might have to use option C depending on how many vacation days I end up burning on snow related days.
I wouldn't actually deceive my family to watch basketball. But I did hear people on the radio mentioning that you have to start working your excuses that opening week on Monday.

Monday (directly after Selection Sunday): "I had a great weekend, how about you? It was great, we had a good time. But I woke up this morning with a scratchy something in the back of my throat. Probably just something the kids are passing around from school."
Tuesday: "I'm not doing as well today. But I'll play through it. I have these deadlines with things that need to be turned in Wednesday. Sure will be looking forward to resting up next weekend."
Wednesday: **fake coughing and sniffling** "I'm getting that report done, even if it kills me. After that, I'm not so sure. This could be contagious!?"
Thursday: **fake coughing, sniffling, gagging, and dry heaving** "I don't know if I should have come in today. I want to play through this though." Boss: "Go home and get some rest. See you on Monday!"
**Exits around 10 AM Thursday for 4 days of basketball**

Fri Feb 22, 2019 10:12 am
Founder
Founder

yorktownjoe wrote:
I should have tagged my post:

**asking for a friend**

;-)

I might have to use option C depending on how many vacation days I end up burning on snow related days.
I wouldn't actually deceive my family to watch basketball. But I did hear people on the radio mentioning that you have to start working your excuses that opening week on Monday.

Monday (directly after Selection Sunday): "I had a great weekend, how about you? It was great, we had a good time. But I woke up this morning with a scratchy something in the back of my throat. Probably just something the kids are passing around from school."
Tuesday: "I'm not doing as well today. But I'll play through it. I have these deadlines with things that need to be turned in Wednesday. Sure will be looking forward to resting up next weekend."
Wednesday: **fake coughing and sniffling** "I'm getting that report done, even if it kills me. After that, I'm not so sure. This could be contagious!?"
Thursday: **fake coughing, sniffling, gagging, and dry heaving** "I don't know if I should have come in today. I want to play through this though." Boss: "Go home and get some rest. See you on Monday!"
**Exits around 10 AM Thursday for 4 days of basketball**

Me neither :wink: :wink: ive never texted the wife i was in the grocery section picking up a few things, when i was actually drooling over something on the toy aisle

Fri Feb 22, 2019 9:40 pm
Editorial Moderator
Editorial Moderator

We have a huge home game tonight, Duke is coming into a record packed house without their star Zion Williams. SU could be able to handle Duke again if they can get some scoring in the paint going, it will be interesting how Beoheim handled the team after a horrific accident after SU huge win over Louisville where he hit and killed a pedestrian who exited their crashed vehicle on the highway and attempted to cross the highway Around 1130 at night. The dome will be packed and I’ll be in one of the many SU fan packed bars watching, a win could seal a NCAA tournament bid even though Duke is down their star

Sat Feb 23, 2019 4:11 pm
Editorial Moderator
Editorial Moderator

Number 12 Kansas also is squareing off against number 14 Texas Tech. Kansas won earlier in the year at home and Texas Tech will be looking for some redemption. A win at home would help them lock a spot in the big dance, but they should make it either way, this should be a good matchup so don’t miss the game

Sat Feb 23, 2019 4:17 pm
Reply to topic   [ 49 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next