SerpentorsLair.info - View topic - A new movie, and new toys!

View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Tue Oct 15, 2019 6:00 pm

Reply to topic  [ 8 posts ] 
A new movie, and new toys! 
Staff
Staff

Faction: Cobra
 A new movie, and new toys!

Mon Sep 16, 2019 12:38 am
Profile Send private message
Founder
Founder

Faction: Justice League
Code Name: Man of Steel
Post Re: A new movie, and new toys!
I am hoping they do some 'now and then' two packs with a modern or movie related figure, and a throwback o-ring figure for the snake eyes toy line. That would probably be the best we could hope for as vintage collectors.

Tue Sep 17, 2019 2:21 pm
Editoral Moderator
Editoral Moderator

Faction: Cobra Contractor
Code Name: YorktownJoe
File Name: CLASSIFIED
Aliases: YTJ (more acronym than alias)
Primary Military Specialty: Counter-Intelligence
Secondary Military Specialty: Sense o' humor
Grade: O-4
I think they re-released the Polar Battle Bear like what you said Kal.
I almost got that one time, but I had no interest on the other half of it, so I let it pass.
I regret that.

They should release movie figures for a movie. It is what it is. Good, bad, or ugly.
Maybe we can get a small vehicle repaint that is backward compatable. That might work with both size figures.
Or just release Snake-Eyes v1 or v2 on retro packaging like they were doing for Star Wars.

But instead of a giant retro mark, just put a little badge in the upper right like they did with 25th silver foils.
"Throwback figure - Hindsight 20/20"

If they sold a bunch, they could gauge demand. Or if they were super greedy, make it a mailaway figure so we would have to buy 5 movie figures and cut out Flag points and send $9.99 for shipping and handling.

Then collectors would buy twice as many or grab up what would be destined as a peg warmer figure. So they could cut out 5 Flag points from figures they don't plan to keep MOC.

If Hasbro lost the mold, I know a guy... :wink:

Tue Sep 17, 2019 8:32 pm
Founder
Founder

yorktownjoe wrote:
I think they re-released the Polar Battle Bear like what you said Kal.
I almost got that one time, but I had no interest on the other half of it, so I let it pass.
I regret that.

They should release movie figures for a movie. It is what it is. Good, bad, or ugly.
Maybe we can get a small vehicle repaint that is backward compatable. That might work with both size figures.
Or just release Snake-Eyes v1 or v2 on retro packaging like they were doing for Star Wars.

But instead of a giant retro mark, just put a little badge in the upper right like they did with 25th silver foils.
"Throwback figure - Hindsight 20/20"

If they sold a bunch, they could gauge demand. Or if they were super greedy, make it a mailaway figure so we would have to buy 5 movie figures and cut out Flag points and send $9.99 for shipping and handling.

Then collectors would buy twice as many or grab up what would be destined as a peg warmer figure. So they could cut out 5 Flag points from figures they don't plan to keep MOC.

If Hasbro lost the mold, I know a guy... :wink:

You know i like the flag points idea, but im guessing rather than mailing away cardboard flag points, what they would or should do is tie it into some kind of new gi joe movie app where you download the app and do something with it to get the figure. Everything has to have a device tie in anymore.

Wed Sep 18, 2019 10:29 am
Editoral Moderator
Editoral Moderator

⚡ Kal-El ⚡ wrote:
You know i like the flag points idea, but im guessing rather than mailing away cardboard flag points, what they would or should do is tie it into some kind of new gi joe movie app where you download the app and do something with it to get the figure. Everything has to have a device tie in anymore.

You are right. Just not sure how they could tie an app, flag points and some way to insure purchases. If it was an insert in a package, some unsavory fools would buy the figures, "extract" the inserts, then repackage and return the figures. I'm not sure who has time for that foolishness.

I hate the idea of having to deface card art to insure an item "stays sold." But then again, I can safely say I have never returned a Joe figure for a refund at a store at any time.

Most regrets involve decisions I made to wait to buy something later, then finding it sold out (the 25th Rattler comes to mind). Even some of the unfortunate movie figures brought joy to my kids in that 2008-2011 window.

Maybe develop an app that involves some action, but also daily posts and/or check-in's of some type. Make it easy enough to achieve that even kids can achieve it. Or middle-aged men whose eyesight and reflexes aren't what they once were. :wink:

But something like 21 days in a row, so it addicts them or forms a habit, then send them an achievement unlock code unique to them that they can use to mail-away for a Snake-Eyes Figure.
If it is easy enough to achieve, no one will bother trying to hack it.
If it is habit forming, you have captivated an audience.

Just don't exactly copy Pokemon Go. "Yo, G.I. Joe Go" sounds way too much like "Yu-Gi-Oh!"

Someone in marketing should be able to figure it out...

Wed Sep 18, 2019 11:30 am
Founder
Founder

Im a terrible person, if there is a joe figure i need and i am broke i take the figure and hide it in another part of the store where nobody is going to find it until i can come back on pay day. I started this when i was like 13.

Wed Sep 18, 2019 6:45 pm
Editoral Moderator
Editoral Moderator

One time I was reaching for a Star Wars figure someone had put up on the top shelf. I figured the stock person put extra up there, or somebody tried to stash it.

Anyway, I bumped it with my fingertips and I'm pretty sure that figure is between the shelving units forever...Not even sure who it was!!

Trapped in no man's land between the action figure aisle and the "pink" aisle. :hardlaugh1:

Wed Sep 18, 2019 7:24 pm
Staff
Staff

Faction: Cobra
I doubt we see o-ring from Hasbro again, even though it would be cool. The current reason for that being that they don't have a team for GIJoe to make anything like that happen. The brand is unmanaged.

Sun Sep 29, 2019 10:23 pm
Reply to topic   [ 8 posts ]