SerpentorsLair.info - View topic - Show Off your 3RD Party G.I.Joe's!

View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Jun 20, 2019 12:52 am

Reply to topic  [ 167 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13 ... 17  Next
Show Off your 3RD Party G.I.Joe's! 
Founder
Founder

Faction: Justice League
Code Name: Man of Steel
Post Re: Show Off your 3RD Party G.I.Joe's!

Sat Dec 29, 2018 4:21 pm
Profile Send private message
Founder
Founder

Faction: Gi Joe
Code Name: Protoxero
File Name: Unknowen
Aliases: Proto
Primary Military Specialty: Ninja
Secondary Military Specialty: Covert Opps
Grade: 0-4
Well fellas today was the day I said oh Crap freking awesome! Got my summer set today and my snake eyes!
I have a few issues with some figures arms being loose as I expected. Here are a few issues, new viper arms loose, my bat is missing claw and flamethrower arms, guys with no helmet but we knew this. It would of been cool to have them. My manleh had a striped screw or I accident did it, but the set had a extra screw. not sure if it was sposta be like that. But did save me from finding a extra. The De Arco has a battle stand now?? Python viper v2 red one looks like he should of had gold on the arms and grenades. The whole set is great but will need small fixes before I post there "battle pic" .
Now the snake eyes figs are the cream of the crop! I got a fire fly one and a ghost mortal one. I love the timbers and id say the glow in the dark idea for mortal was just awesome! Side note my kick start is mia I'll see what's up with him.

Sat Dec 29, 2018 8:21 pm
Founder
Founder

protoxero wrote:
Well fellas today was the day I said oh Crap freking awesome! Got my summer set today and my snake eyes!
I have a few issues with some figures arms being loose as I expected. Here are a few issues, new viper arms loose, my bat is missing claw and flamethrower arms, guys with no helmet but we knew this. It would of been cool to have them. My manleh had a striped screw or I accident did it, but the set had a extra screw. not sure if it was sposta be like that. But did save me from finding a extra. The De Arco has a battle stand now?? Python viper v2 red one looks like he should of had gold on the arms and grenades. The whole set is great but will need small fixes before I post there "battle pic" .
Now the snake eyes figs are the cream of the crop! I got a fire fly one and a ghost mortal one. I love the timbers and id say the glow in the dark idea for mortal was just awesome! Side note my kick start is mia I'll see what's up with him.

Be sure and let Darren know, im sure he will mail the bat parts, but man i would be sad if i had to wait on him to mail 'Kickstart' thats one of the figures im most looking forward too.

Have you ever tried wrapping plumbers tape around the shoulder joints. Im tempted to try it on the new vipers.

Also, is De Aco the only one with the goofy foot holes? Im hoping all the rest of them will fit on regular stands.

How are the 'Skull's', are the shoulder joints loose on those as well?

Sat Dec 29, 2018 10:25 pm
Founder
Founder

Oh i forgot to ask, did you order any extra figures?

Sat Dec 29, 2018 10:44 pm
Founder
Founder

Faction: Gi Joe
Code Name: Protoxero
File Name: Unknowen
Aliases: Proto
Primary Military Specialty: Ninja
Secondary Military Specialty: Covert Opps
Grade: 0-4
⚡ Kal-El ⚡ wrote:
protoxero wrote:

Be sure and let Darren know, im sure he will mail the bat parts, but man i would be sad if i had to wait on him to mail 'Kickstart' thats one of the figures im most looking forward too.

Have you ever tried wrapping plumbers tape around the shoulder joints. Im tempted to try it on the new vipers.

Also, is De Aco the only one with the goofy foot holes? Im hoping all the rest of them will fit on regular stands.

How are the 'Skull's', are the shoulder joints loose on those as well?

I only have four guys that have the floppy arms one of the skull guys is this way and the major bludd trooper is like that as well. I'm bummed about kick start he looks so good hopefully Darren will get it worked out. I think the rest of the pegs are normal I've not try'd it yet. I plan to pick up some plumbers tape to fix my few issues. No I dint get any extra fig in that batch. But omg ghost mortal and fire fly snake eyes rule. Pro tip there sword only goes into the pack a certain way be careful, it don't go in the normal way that pack would work. You have to put it in so the handle is horizontal with top of the pack.

Sat Dec 29, 2018 11:24 pm
Editoral Moderator
Editoral Moderator

Faction: Cobra Contractor
Code Name: YorktownJoe
File Name: CLASSIFIED
Aliases: YTJ (more acronym than alias)
Primary Military Specialty: Counter-Intelligence
Secondary Military Specialty: Sense o' humor
Grade: O-4
Glad you got your figures!

My Snake-Eyes shows a shipping label was created, but not mailed yet. I ordered Firefly one, purple, and the Python Patrol one. It is possible he is still packing orders. But I'm wondering if the Python one got shipped to him yet?

Lastly, the Silver Mortal with the glow Timber sold out. So I'm glad you got one and look forward to your pictures!

I think the purple might be brighter than I anticipated. I'm hoping to get some dimly lit shots of him with the light barely illuminating his purple uniform.

Sun Dec 30, 2018 12:59 am
Founder
Founder

yorktownjoe wrote:
Glad you got your figures!

My Snake-Eyes shows a shipping label was created, but not mailed yet. I ordered Firefly one, purple, and the Python Patrol one. It is possible he is still packing orders. But I'm wondering if the Python one got shipped to him yet?

Lastly, the Silver Mortal with the glow Timber sold out. So I'm glad you got one and look forward to your pictures!

I think the purple might be brighter than I anticipated. I'm hoping to get some dimly lit shots of him with the light barely illuminating his purple uniform.

OMG i just saw the wave 2 ones and they are JOE!!!! There is a Night Force one, Tiger Force, and Slaughters Marauders, those are going to RULE!

Mon Dec 31, 2018 4:05 pm
Editoral Moderator
Editoral Moderator

RedLaser Anarchy Viper - Firefly's henchmen
RoboToyFest joint project with Red Laser

The Good:
An excellent dark gray camo scheme reminiscent of Firefly v1.
Good colors, flexible Viper Pit Viper like lower arms that can hold his weapon without fear of a thumb snap. Legs and waist are very good and did not require dremel work like the Viper Pit Vipers.
A rifle, a backpack that stays put, and a removable helmet, with a pretty good blonde hair masked trooper face.

The Bad: Loose shoulders. Out of the package, he could not hold his arms up. I used the plumber's tape method to secure the shoulders. So far that is working, and he is up and working.

The Ugly: His left elbow looks like it will be sliding off the rivet. I took a few pictures and it looked like space was developing along the rivet. The elbow didn't crack, it just looks like it will come apart soon. PLEASE let me know if any of you have encountered weirdly loose elbow rivets on an otherwise solid figure, if you have suggested fixes. I'll try fixes if you have deployed such in the past. It might be a result of using the more flexible plastic on the lower arms so he could flex enough to hold his rifle.

Sat Jan 05, 2019 1:09 am
Editoral Moderator
Editoral Moderator

BlackMajor Purple Invasor

Suicide Squad: with Harley Quinn #suicidesquad #torontolife

A video posted by Ryan Ramsey (@ramsey.rgba) on

Purple colored mold based on Snake Eyes v2, complete with black Uzi, black sword and backpack. The backpack has some gray paint apps on the details.

He is a bright purple, but I controlled the light on this picture, and the subtle hues in the purple cast a good look to the figure.

Sat Jan 05, 2019 1:43 am
Editoral Moderator
Editoral Moderator

BlackMajor Firefly Camo Snake-Eyes and Storm Shadow

Suicide Squad: with Harley Quinn #suicidesquad #torontolife

A video posted by Ryan Ramsey (@ramsey.rgba) on

Firefly Camo Snake-Eyes comes with a pale olive green sword, Uzi and backpack, similar to the infamous green walkie talkie in color. He come with the Snake-Eyes v2 reminiscent mold. Also included is Timber.

Sat Jan 05, 2019 1:50 am
Reply to topic   [ 167 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13 ... 17  Next