SerpentorsLair.info - View topic - Show Off your 3RD Party G.I.Joe's!

View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri Jan 18, 2019 2:05 am

Reply to topic  [ 119 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12  Next
Show Off your 3RD Party G.I.Joe's! 
Founder
Founder

Faction: Justice League
Code Name: Man of Steel
Post Re: Show Off your 3RD Party G.I.Joe's!

Sat Dec 15, 2018 1:13 pm
Profile Send private message
Founder
Founder

Fri Dec 21, 2018 12:29 pm
Founder
Founder

Sat Dec 22, 2018 3:05 pm
Editoral Moderator
Editoral Moderator

Faction: GIJOE
Code Name: yorktownjoe
File Name: Joe K.
Primary Military Specialty: Counter-Intelligence
Secondary Military Specialty: Sense o' humor
Grade: O-4
I ordered a few of the new SE v2 molds in various colors from blackmajor.
(The Firefly one, the Python Patrol one, and the Purple one.) I think the Purple one might be too bright, but I also think he will be awesome in a zero light situation with a small flashlight or spotlight aimed downward on him, so the purple and black contrast a bit.

I thought about buying all 9, but that is a lot of cash all at one time. I'd end up reselling some, and feel bad about it.

And I remember buying just one or two Joes/Cobras back in the day and REALLY enjoying them. Then other times getting 4 or 5 at Christmas and enjoying my favorite 1 or 2 of the wave, and then the others kind of were left to the side.

I was looking at some cool RedLaser stuff including the Vipers that look like Firefly's gray camo. I only saw them over at Planet X linked to FB. Not sure if the gray Python Patrol Vipers (that look like 1988-89) are coming out soon or not. I'm not as interested in the 2003 Python Patrol color scheme ones with gold and bright red details. Cool, but just not my thing. But I miss my gray one that I sold off in the late 90's.

Do you that have the RedLaser Vipers enjoy them?

Wed Dec 26, 2018 2:23 pm
Founder
Founder

yorktownjoe wrote:
I ordered a few of the new SE v2 molds in various colors from blackmajor.
(The Firefly one, the Python Patrol one, and the Purple one.) I think the Purple one might be too bright, but I also think he will be awesome in a zero light situation with a small flashlight or spotlight aimed downward on him, so the purple and black contrast a bit.

I thought about buying all 9, but that is a lot of cash all at one time. I'd end up reselling some, and feel bad about it.

And I remember buying just one or two Joes/Cobras back in the day and REALLY enjoying them. Then other times getting 4 or 5 at Christmas and enjoying my favorite 1 or 2 of the wave, and then the others kind of were left to the side.

I was looking at some cool RedLaser stuff including the Vipers that look like Firefly's gray camo. I only saw them over at Planet X linked to FB. Not sure if the gray Python Patrol Vipers (that look like 1988-89) are coming out soon or not. I'm not as interested in the 2003 Python Patrol color scheme ones with gold and bright red details. Cool, but just not my thing. But I miss my gray one that I sold off in the late 90's.

Do you that have the RedLaser Vipers enjoy them?

I Have 5 different ones in different colors. The later ones tend to have a bit of looseness in the shoulder joints but you can fix it by taking the back screw out and putting some plumbing tape in the shoulder joint or just a tiny amount of super glue and working it around.

The 1989 Grey PP Viper is coming from RedLaser really soon, i am under the impression it is one of the replacement figures in the summer set since the black and gold one didn't end up working out. Once i get my set in the mail or proto gets his hopefully one of us can let you know for sure how soon they will be available for everyone.

Wed Dec 26, 2018 3:51 pm
Editoral Moderator
Editoral Moderator

Yep, that is the one I'm looking for. Or maybe 2... ;-)

I should never take time off from work... too dangerous and expensive hanging out at home!

I just ordered 2 Anarchy Vipers from Planet X Toys (linked on the RedLaserArmy FB page.) They look to be dark gray Firefly camo with removable helmets... http://www.planetxtoys.com/products/ana ... ooper.html

I saw some other RedLaser Vipers with the lighter gray camo pants or just all gray. But these look dark. REALLY dark. Not sure about the black faceplates, but I will post some pictures when I get them.

I really think I might need to start selling off some of my modern stuff if these O-ring goodies keep on becoming available. But they are poseable and good for other adventures.

Wed Dec 26, 2018 4:42 pm
Founder
Founder

yorktownjoe wrote:
Yep, that is the one I'm looking for. Or maybe 2... ;-)

I should never take time off from work... too dangerous and expensive hanging out at home!

I just ordered 2 Anarchy Vipers from Planet X Toys (linked on the RedLaserArmy FB page.) They look to be dark gray Firefly camo with removable helmets... http://www.planetxtoys.com/products/ana ... ooper.html

I saw some other RedLaser Vipers with the lighter gray camo pants or just all gray. But these look dark. REALLY dark. Not sure about the black faceplates, but I will post some pictures when I get them.

I really think I might need to start selling off some of my modern stuff if these O-ring goodies keep on becoming available. But they are poseable and good for other adventures.

Here is an in hand picture

Wed Dec 26, 2018 7:58 pm
Editoral Moderator
Editoral Moderator

They had a black Friday sale for 3 packs of these that I missed while hunting. I was surprised to see they had them back in stock (even though at a higher price).

I like the real dark gray rather than bright light gray. Looks more like Soviet era camo to me...I might do a weathering technique to the helmets though. I paint black stuff silver, then rub the paint off before it dries and it gives things a gun metal hue.

If both arrive with blonde hair, I may switch for red from a CG or black from a Shadow guard. I have 2 coming, so they will either become Damon & Pythias or Dmitri & Gregor.

Wed Dec 26, 2018 8:23 pm
Founder
Founder

yorktownjoe wrote:
They had a black Friday sale for 3 packs of these that I missed while hunting. I was surprised to see they had them back in stock (even though at a higher price).

I like the real dark gray rather than bright light gray. Looks more like Soviet era camo to me...I might do a weathering technique to the helmets though. I paint black stuff silver, then rub the paint off before it dries and it gives things a gun metal hue.

If both arrive with blonde hair, I may switch for red from a CG or black from a Shadow guard. I have 2 coming, so they will either become Damon & Pythias or Dmitri & Gregor.

I have two of the light grey camo, the Hellions, i took a pic of them with Firefly and it doesn't match up that great, but they will match the new 'Constrictors' Sub-team that is coming in the mail, so that will work out well.

Thu Dec 27, 2018 12:32 pm
Founder
Founder

DARREN SHARED THE BIO FOR THE SUMMER SET HERE IT IS AND IT ROCKS!

It's somewhere between '83 and '85. The second Gijoe team (of 3) (which included Outlaw, Odin, and Lightning), have overcome their brief encounter with a coalition of ne' er-do-wells (Red Shadows, Cobra, MARS). The evil alliance was arming Cobras efforts in Brazil: small militias for hire called 'Python Patrol', and the Constrictors - an ambitious new faction for Cobra that sieze entire cities in a quick strike and either convert them to hidden bases of operation, or bleed them of resources and move on.
The Constrictors are out of their element on this inaugural mission, so Cobra has hired some local contractors and unveiled his cyber-terrorism unit to assist the siege.
When the local unit discovers what's happening, they contact the nearby team of Joes (members of team #2) for assistance. A recon team sent by the pentagon are in contact with the Joes (and will eventually be considered as future members) to confirm the intel of the siege.
The Brazil faction put out a call to all of the friendly paramilitary units of the world though, and it wasn't just gijoe that heeded the call. Comandos Em Acao also arrived.

And that's the set.

What happens next? Stay tuned. And watch for new releases....

Thu Dec 27, 2018 2:57 pm
Reply to topic   [ 119 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12  Next