SerpentorsLair.info - View topic - 'Marvel's Agents Of S.H.I.E.L.D. Discussion thread!

View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Tue Jan 16, 2018 3:48 pm

Reply to topic  [ 286 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 29  Next
'Marvel's Agents Of S.H.I.E.L.D. Discussion thread! 
Founder
Founder

Faction: Justice League
Code Name: Man of Steel
 'Marvel's Agents Of S.H.I.E.L.D. Discussion thread!
The long anticipated debut of the new TV series Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. premiers tonight. Below we have a great article on why it will be a "Can't miss" view and what you should watch to prep for it. Check it out and let us know, will you be watching tonight?

(Source: mtv)

Quote:
After what feels like years of waiting (or actually just one year), the debut of "Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D." is a day away. Set your DVRs, invite your friends over, bust the S.H.I.E.L.D. shirt out of the closet and fly your "Coulson Lives" flags high, because there is some serious TV watching in your future. The internet has been going S.H.I.E.L.D. crazy lately, with wacky morning show segments and behind the scenes photos popping up at a rapid pace, but none of this will accurately prepare you for the awesomeness of "S.H.I.E.L.D."

With that in mind, here are the five things you should watch before plopping down on the couch for tomorrow's television event. You've got time, so make it count!

"A Funny Thing Happened on the Way to Thor's Hammer" short from "Captain America: The First Avenger"
Agent Coulson's second solo outing (following the previous Marvel One-Shot short film entitled "The Consultant") shows Clark Gregg in full on secret agent action as he thwarts a couple of ne'er do wells at a gas station. This was the first time we saw Coulson get dirty with some hand-to-hand combat, and boy does it contrast with his mild-mannered attitude. This is a reminder of what we could get every single week now that "Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D." is a reality.

"Marvel's the Avengers"
This is the most obvious selection, of course, because it contains at least three key elements needed to understand the "S.H.I.E.L.D." pilot. This movie introduces us to Agent Maria Hill, played by Cobie Smulders. We know she'll be showing up in Tuesday night's episode, further strengthening the ties between the small-screen S.H.I.E.L.D. and the big-screen one. Secondly, the show's entire premise hinges on the battle of New York outing all of the Marvel-crazy to the world at large. The public now knows superheroes exist, and this hand-picked squad has to deal with the fallout. And then there's the hand that does the picking, a hand that was left cold at the end of "Avengers." Yeah, remember how Agent Coulson died in this movie? You might want to have his death scene—and the fallout—fresh on your mind just in case Joss Whedon and friends have peppered in any clues about his resurrection into the pilot.

"Item 47" short from "Marvel's the Avengers"
This Marvel One-Shot, which was the most elaborate one Marvel had tried at the time, has been credited with inspiring Whedon to come up with the series' premise. In it, a couple of ordinary folks decide to break bad and get away from their troubles... with a Chitauri arm cannon. Agent Jasper Sitwell gets put on the case and tracks the duo to a motel room, where we again see that you just shouldn't mess with S.H.I.E.L.D. agents.

"Hail, HYDRA," from "Avengers: Earth's Mightiest Heroes," episode 1.21
While this isn't in Marvel Cinematic Universe continuity, this episode does shine a little bit more light on Maria Hill and the inner-workings of S.H.I.E.L.D., which will provide some context for just how similar or different this take on the superspy organization is to what's come before. Plus, it shows Maria Hill getting to be a total bad ass as she takes command of S.H.I.E.L.D. and stands up to the Avengers.

"War Zone," from "Angel," episode 1.20
This episode isn't from any version of the Marvel U, so why is it required viewing? J. August Richards stars in the pilot as the first "superhero" S.H.I.E.L.D. is tasked with tracking down, and this episode of "Angel" marks Richards' debut as Charles Gunn. While we don't yet know how much Richards' still-mystery character and Gunn will have in common, this episode shows off a young J. August Richards' natural acting ability as he presents a captivating three-dimensional character. Considering how great of a character Gunn became during "Angel's" five seasons, we can only hope he comes back for more after the "S.H.I.E.L.D." pilot.

Image Image

Tue Sep 24, 2013 11:06 am
Profile Send private message
Sneak Peek Photographer
Sneak Peek Photographer

Faction: Black Sword
Code Name: Bodycount
File Name: CLASSIFIED
Aliases: Too numerous to list
Primary Military Specialty: Commando
Secondary Military Specialty: Airborne
Grade: E5
Post Re: 'Marvel's Agents Of S.H.I.E.L.D.':Are you Watching Tonig
no, because i've got to wait for Channel 4 to bloody show it.

Tue Sep 24, 2013 1:47 pm
Yeah, but I don't know how long it will last on my DVR. Is it going to have the hot chick from the ship in Avengers?

Tue Sep 24, 2013 2:39 pm
Serpentor's Loyal Cadre
Serpentor's Loyal Cadre

Probably PVR it and watch it tomorrow during dinner.

Tue Sep 24, 2013 3:11 pm
Sneak Peek Photographer
Sneak Peek Photographer

Faction: Black Sword
Code Name: Bodycount
File Name: CLASSIFIED
Aliases: Too numerous to list
Primary Military Specialty: Commando
Secondary Military Specialty: Airborne
Grade: E5
Byrnes wrote:
Yeah, but I don't know how long it will last on my DVR. Is it going to have the hot chick from the ship in Avengers?

Maria Hill? Yes, she's guest starring in the pilot.

Tue Sep 24, 2013 3:13 pm
Special Staff
Special Staff

Code Name: Lady Loki
File Name: Loki
Aliases: Kayakat, aka Kaya, aka Judith, aka Queen of Sarcasm, aka that scythe kid's wife
Primary Military Specialty: Boobs
Secondary Military Specialty: Trickery
Grade: A for Awesome
YES! I'm not only watching that shit! Imma go all out, me and the hubby off course, imma wear my sdcc coulson lives shirt, we'll be having chips, popcorn, soda, possibly chilli dogs or chilli fries as we watch.... Bring it on we're ready!

Tue Sep 24, 2013 5:43 pm
Serpentor's Loyal Cadre
Serpentor's Loyal Cadre

Then, go to Sideshows and order Iron Patriot to wrap up the night!!

Tue Sep 24, 2013 5:47 pm
Founder
Founder

Faction: Gi Joe
Code Name: Protoxero
File Name: Unknowen
Aliases: Proto
Primary Military Specialty: Ninja
Secondary Military Specialty: Covert Opps
Grade: 0-4
im gonna try to watch.

Tue Sep 24, 2013 6:02 pm
Founder
Founder

13 minutes!!!

Tue Sep 24, 2013 6:48 pm
Founder
Founder

Faction: Secret Avenger
Code Name: Agent Venom
File Name: Flash Thompson
Aliases: Scythe Kid
Primary Military Specialty: Alien Symbiote Host
Secondary Military Specialty: Guardian of the Galaxy
Grade: A Stuff Do'er
Tiberius wrote:
Then, go to Sideshows and order Iron Patriot to wrap up the night!!

Cut that out!!!!

Tue Sep 24, 2013 7:57 pm
Reply to topic   [ 286 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 29  Next