SerpentorsLair.info - View topic - Agents of SHIELD Gets Officially Renewed for a 7th Season!

View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Tue Dec 18, 2018 8:27 am

Reply to topic  [ 1 post ] 
Agents of SHIELD Gets Officially Renewed for a 7th Season! 
Founder
Founder

Faction: Justice League
Code Name: Man of Steel
 Agents of SHIELD Gets Officially Renewed for a 7th Season!
Fans of Marvel's Agents of Shield were concerned that following the show moving to a summer premiere date going into its 6th season, that this would be the final season of the show. But, not so fast my friend, ABC has officially renewed the show for a 7th season according to Deadline. So we have at least 2 more seasons of our favorite team! Are you excited about this news? Sound off with your thoughts below. Shield kicks off its 6th season in the summer of 2019!

Ahead of its sixth season premiere this summer, ABC has renewed Marvel’s Agents Of S.H.I.E.L.D. for a seventh season. It is believed to consist of 13 episodes, on par with Season 6.

The timing of the early renewal is likely tied to the cast’s option coming up. Along with picking up the actors’ options, ordering Season 7 ahead of time would allow for the two shorter seasons to be filmed back-to-back, which helps to reduces costs.

When S.H.I.E.L.D.’s move to summer was announced in May, ABC Entertainment president Channing Dungey made it clear that Season 6 was not envisioned as a final one.

“I feel the season we just had was creatively the strongest yet,” she said back then. “We don’t plan it as a final season. The show has a loyal passionate base. It does incredibly well in delayed viewing.”

Marvel’s Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. stars Ming-Na Wen as Agent Melinda May, Chloe Bennet as Daisy Johnson, Iain De Caestecker as Agent Leo Fitz, Elizabeth Henstridge as Agent Jemma Simmons, Henry Simmons as Agent Alphonso “Mack” MacKenzie, Natalia Cordova-Buckley as Elena “Yo-Yo” Rodriguez and Jeff Ward as Deke Shaw. Notably, not listed among the cast in ABC’s press release of the renewal news is Clark Gregg who has starred as Agent Phil Coulson since the series launch. He was last seen at the end of the Season 5 finale retiring to spend his remaining days in Tahiti. Has Coulson’s story come to an end? Stay tuned.

Sun Nov 18, 2018 11:15 am
Profile Send private message
Reply to topic   [ 1 post ]