SerpentorsLair.info - View topic - THE POP EXPOSE 'Super NES' by Mitchell Smith!

View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri Sep 18, 2020 2:18 am

Reply to topic  [ 3 posts ] 
THE POP EXPOSE 'Super NES' by Mitchell Smith! 
Founder
Founder

Faction: Justice League
Code Name: Man of Steel
 THE POP EXPOSE 'Super NES' by Mitchell Smith!
The NES hit shelves in the US in 1985. I remember renting the system from our local grocery store. I mostly played Mario and Zelda. When the SNES hit in 1991 this was the best thing since sliced bread. I had a ton of games and I had major battles with my brothers and friends. My son and I recently played Zelda A Link to the Past.

Back in the day it took me and my 3 brothers playing round the clock trial and error to figure out the boards and beat the whole game. I remember how nervous I was when I finally made it to Ganon. We also spent countless hours playing Mortal combat. This was a real awesome game just had to get those finishing moves down, up, up, right, down, down, down, A. Final Fantasy, Super Mario, and Yoshi Island were other games we enjoyed playing. Compared to today’s sports games the graphics were pretty bad, but when you grow up playing Tecmo Bowl, Madden football was awesome. We spent hours battling and even building our own players. We also had MLB, NBA Jam (He’s on fire), Mike Tyson Punch Out, Mario Andretti, World Cup Soccer, and many more great sports games that filled our teenage years with happiness. One of my favorite SNES games was the Tetris Dr Mario combo game.

I once hit 204 lines on Tetris, that took a lot of concentration and playing to get that high. I still have my original SNES and still enjoy playing the games. My son has a switch but I still enjoy the classic games. Who loves playing the classic video game systems? Which system did you grow up with? What are your favorite classic video games? Sound off below and let us know!

Sun Sep 13, 2020 10:38 am
Profile Send private message
Founder
Founder

Faction: Justice League
Code Name: Man of Steel
Post Re: THE POP EXPOSE 'Super NES' by Mitchell Smith!
My parents were kind of 'anti video game' people. My first system was an Atari 2600, but i didn't get it until i was in like 6th grade i think that was around 1990ish. Now what was a real treat was sometimes when i had a friend over my parents would let us 'rent' a NES from the local video store for a couple of days. It was not until around 1993, i think i was in 9th grade at the time, when my dad was pastoring in Michigan that i started filling my walk in closet with bags of pop cans. Of course in Michigan you could get 10 cents a can for each can you turned in. So i spent nearly a year saving pop cans in giant leaf bags in my closet until i had saved enough to buy myself my first Nintendo. It was the set that came with Super Mario 3. It was the greatest purchase i ever got to make. Have to say there have not been many since then that i have enjoyed as much as that. So im going to have to say NES is my favorite system. Probably because i spent half my life waiting to be able to have one to enjoy.

After andrea and i got married in 1997 bought a used Super Nes at a comic book shop and we have spent lots of time playing that system as well. In fact we still have it and had been using it during the lockdown, until i finally broke down and got my daughter a Switch. Mainly so we could play all the old Nes and SuperNes games on it...lol.

Was the switch for daughter or for dad, the world may never know........rofl.

Mon Sep 14, 2020 11:01 am
Editorial Moderator
Editorial Moderator

Code Name: Train
File Name: Mitchell Smith
Aliases: ZAP,
Primary Military Specialty: Heavy Equipment
Secondary Military Specialty: Kung Fu
Post Re: THE POP EXPOSE 'Super NES' by Mitchell Smith!
Love it

Mon Sep 14, 2020 11:47 am
Reply to topic   [ 3 posts ]