SerpentorsLair.info - View topic - THE POP EXPOSE 'The Winter Olympics' By Mitchell Smith!

View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Wed Dec 12, 2018 4:40 am

Reply to topic  [ 3 posts ] 
THE POP EXPOSE 'The Winter Olympics' By Mitchell Smith! 
Founder
Founder

Faction: Justice League
Code Name: Man of Steel
 THE POP EXPOSE 'The Winter Olympics' By Mitchell Smith!
I love the Olympics especially the Winter Olympics. GI grew up just 10 miles south of Lake Placid home of the 1932 and 1980 Winter Olympics. I’m sure many of you know about the 1980 Men’s hockey team who upset Russia and brought home a very unlikely gold medal. Being so close to the Olympics was interesting to watch growing up.

This is a small town, and one of few if not the only Olympic Venue where you can see the Bob run, ski jumps, Ice arena, and Whiteface Mountain all at the same time. I have had the privilege to see the venues up close. I have stood on the rink where the miracle on ice happened, I have ridden the bobsled from the half mile where you get the experience from half way and half the speed.

I have been at the bottom and the top of Whiteface where My hometown native of a population of 500 people Tommy Biesemeyer trained and is competing in his first Olympics this year in Alpine skiing, and I have stood at the halfway mark of the ski jump and watched guys go down and said to myself there ain’t no way I would ever do that.

Many national competitions are still held in Lake Placid and its amazing to see the athletes compete first hand. These people have a special drive and dedication to be able to compete at an Olympic scale. So I hope you all enjoy the Olympics as much as I do. Sit back and enjoy the pure emotion and competitiveness these men and women display.

Mon Feb 19, 2018 11:16 am
Profile Send private message
Editoral Moderator
Editoral Moderator

Faction: GIJOE
Code Name: yorktownjoe
File Name: Joe K.
Primary Military Specialty: Counter-Intelligence
Secondary Military Specialty: Sense o' humor
Grade: O-4
Post Re: THE POP EXPOSE 'The Winter Olympics' By Mitchell Smith!
I am a fan of timed events rather than scored events, since sketchy things can happen in judges scoring. But if someone is faster than everyone, that is simple math, they win.

That being said, I watched some giant snow board jumps, and the ladies participating were fantastic. The athleticism to do flips, then land safely and gracefully is cool. It seems to be on at our house, but I don't generally sit there for long periods of time. My attention is divided over too many other things these days.

Thanks for sharing your Lake Placid 1980 memories! That is very cool. And it was a great moment for USA Hockey. Patriotism began making a comeback, and many people point to that as one critical step in the process.

Mon Feb 19, 2018 12:47 pm
Founder
Founder

Faction: Justice League
Code Name: Man of Steel
Post Re: THE POP EXPOSE 'The Winter Olympics' By Mitchell Smith!
I love all the snowboarding. Shawn White has always been awesome to me. I usually watch the winter X-Games for this. Course i also like the snowmobile jumping in the x-games too......lol

Mon Feb 19, 2018 9:23 pm
Reply to topic   [ 3 posts ]