SerpentorsLair.info - View topic - THE POP EXPOSE 'G.I.Joe 2017 Review' By Mitchell Smith!

View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sun Aug 19, 2018 7:43 am

Reply to topic  [ 4 posts ] 
THE POP EXPOSE 'G.I.Joe 2017 Review' By Mitchell Smith! 
Founder
Founder

Faction: Justice League
Code Name: Man of Steel
 THE POP EXPOSE 'G.I.Joe 2017 Review' By Mitchell Smith!
2017 is coming to an end and with it the Joe world closes out with some pretty cool figures. Although I cannot bring myself to pay the high price of the exclusive figures, that doesn’t negate the fact of how cool they look on paper. So many great figures such as Ambush, Raptor, and Scoop. The Battle Force 2000 figures though were a set I wished I had the money to splurge on. Back in the day the whole set of Battle Force figures and vehicles was just a really cool concept.

Each vehicle able to break down into a section of the Battle Force 2000 Base. As a kid 12 year old I only had one vehicle the Dominator, although this vehicle formed the front walls of the base I dreamt of having all 6 to make this mobile base. It took me some 29 years to get my first Battle Force 2000 figure and all the vehicles to create this base. So it may take me another 29 years to get these modern day figures. Over all they all look great. I would have liked to see them all with removable helmets, although the original line only had 2 figures with removable helmets, I may have considered trying to get my hands on these figures had there been removable helmets.

Just like the 1987 versions though Maverick and Knockdown were the only 2 with the removable helmets. I’m still not sure if that would have persuaded me to shell out the bucks for these figures though. If they would have tossed in updated versions of the vehicle, then that would have been a horse of a different color. So for now, I will have to look at pictures and I’ll just enjoy my 1987 versions of the figures and the vehicles, which are pretty cool in their own right.
HAPPY NEW YEAR ALL

ImageImage

Mon Jan 01, 2018 2:32 pm
Profile Send private message
Founder
Founder

Post Re: THE POP EXPOSE 'G.I.Joe 2017 Review' By Mitchell Smith!
2017 has been a very frustrating year for me for G.I.Joe collecting. Raptor has been on my most wanted modern era figure list for a long time now. But, the figure is selling for $80, which in my opinion ruins the hobby. I have moved on to collecting RedLaser and BlackMajor after market figures. Simply because i just can't spend what the club wants to charge. And after this year there may never be another figure released in Modern Era again, so its going the way of the O-Ring anyway.

ImageImage

Fri Jan 05, 2018 10:45 am
Founder
Founder

Raptor was my personal favorite figure of the year. If it wasn't for the club we wouldn't of had anything. Shame on Hasbro. I will always be very salty towards them for taking our club away. Enjoy this last year people. Love or hate the club, they were the only company that gave a S*&t about arah.

Fri Jan 05, 2018 4:01 pm
Founder
Founder

STORMSHADOW__210 wrote:
Raptor was my personal favorite figure of the year. If it wasn't for the club we wouldn't of had anything. Shame on Hasbro. I will always be very salty towards them for taking our club away. Enjoy this last year people. Love or hate the club, they were the only company that gave a S*&t about arah.

It just would have been nice if the club would have just made enough to sell the figures individually from their website so we could pay club price for the figures rather than scalper price which is double.

ImageImage

Fri Jan 05, 2018 5:54 pm
Reply to topic   [ 4 posts ]