View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sun Dec 16, 2018 6:11 pm

Reply to topic  [ 27 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Toy Fair 2014 News Coverage! 
Founder
Founder

Faction: Justice League
Code Name: Man of Steel
updated with pics

Sat Feb 15, 2014 6:41 pm
Profile Send private message
Founder
Founder

updated with images of the new Kreo Terrordrome and other new Kreo sets

Sat Feb 15, 2014 6:47 pm
Serpentor's Loyal Cadre
Serpentor's Loyal Cadre

Cap, you are missing the MOST important things!!

Wave TWO of Marvel Iinfiate 3 3/4" figures!

Deathshead [I think?]

Whirlwind

Red Boobs, I mean She Hulk

Thor [Masterson]

Beta Ray Bill [re release]

Yellowjacket [seems more Yellow, so more classic looking I guess]

Commander Steve Rogers [re-release]

WAVE 3

Deathlok

ARES!!

Sat Feb 15, 2014 10:11 pm
Founder
Founder

How about those 6in black series Star Wars!! Rotj Luke n vader! Jabba!

Sun Feb 16, 2014 1:11 am
Sneak Peek Photographer
Sneak Peek Photographer

Faction: Black Sword
Code Name: Bodycount
File Name: CLASSIFIED
Aliases: Too numerous to list
Primary Military Specialty: Commando
Secondary Military Specialty: Airborne
Grade: E5
Death's Head?! WANT, yes?

Sun Feb 16, 2014 2:07 am
Founder
Founder

Toy Fair 2014Hasbro TRANSFORMERS 30th Anniversary GENERATIONS – 2014 PRODUCT INFORMATION

(Source: thefwoosh)

Quote:
Righty-O! My kids would kill me if I did not post Transformers news from Toy Fair 2014 on the site, in fact my oldest already expressed his extreme disappointment in our lack of Transformers reporting by going to “other sites” and then showing me the pics and pointing out “this site” has pictures up. Oh how I failed as a father! Here’s the official press news and pictures for Transformers Generations. I figure most of you will want Generations in one post and TF4 Movie stuff in another. And if I’m wrong, well too bad.

Transformers30th

TRANSFORMERS GENERATIONS – 2014 PRODUCT INFORMATION

Hasbro’s TRANSFORMERS brand is gearing up for two momentous events in 2014—the hotly anticipated new film TRANSFORMERS: AGE OF EXTINCTION, and the 30th anniversary of the TRANSFORMERS brand and its iconic characters like OPTIMUS PRIME and MEGATRON. In honor of the year-long celebration, Hasbro is releasing new TRANSFORMERS GENERATIONS figures, featuring classic conversions and the most detailed and accurate action figures of characters from TRANSFORMERS: AGE OF EXTINCTION and throughout the brand’s history.

The 2014 TRANSFORMERS GENERATIONS line from Hasbro features the following products:

TRANSFORMERS GENERATIONS 30TH ANNIVERSARY LEGENDS 2-PACK Assortment
(Ages: 5 & up /Approx. Retail Price: $9.99/Available: Spring 2014)
The TRANSFORMERS GENERATIONS LEGENDS 2-PACK Assortment features two great TRANSFORMERS characters, each with a special feature! Choose from some of the greatest characters in the TRANSFORMERS brand’s 30-year history, including ACID STORM, GEARS and CLIFFJUMPER, each coupled with a smaller partner. Both the large and small figures convert from vehicle mode to robot mode, plus, the smaller figures can assemble onto their larger partner as weapons and armor! Each two-figure set sold separately.

Image Image Image

Image Image Image

Image Image

Image Image Image

Sun Feb 16, 2014 2:15 pm
Founder
Founder

Toy Fair 2014: Star Wars Reveals

(SOURCE:TheFWoosh)

Quote:
Revealed for the 6″ series were Chewbacca (Episode IV), Darth Vader (Episode VI), and Luke (Episode VI).

We also got to see the line’s first “oversize” figure and vehicle: Jabba the Hutt and Imperial Speeder Bike with Biker Scout, respectively.

These figures are as beautifully rendered as we’ve come to expect from this line. Chewbacca and Darth Vader maintain the “true scale” of the line, checking in at nearly 7″. The update to the packaging for 2014 was partly to accommodate these larger figures.

Vader comes with removable helmet, Luke has a swap-able shirt piece for both of his looks from the movie. Chewbacca will be in 2014′s “wave 2″ with a Clone Trooper, while Vader, Luke, and black paldroon-ed Sandtrooper will be in “wave 3″.

Jabba looks great, has articulated arms and mouth, and…maybe I’m reading too much into this, but they signed off their presentation by saying, “See you in San Diego” followed by audio of Salacious Crumb’s laugh. Could that mean Crumb will be revealed at SDCC as being included with Jabba? Just speculation on my part. Would be very cool though.

The 4″ Black Series will see R5-G19 from Episode IV (I have no idea people. Google it), and Hoth Luke.

Saga Legends also continues with characters from the Rebels cartoon (the stories of which take place between episodes III and IV) including Ezra, Kanan, Agent Kallus, Stormtrooper, Zeb, as well as C3P0 and R2-D2. We’ll also see vehicles for this 4″ line, including Kallus’ Inquisitor TIE Advanced, AT-DP Scout Walker, and a rebel ship called a Phantom.

A new Star Wars line called Star Wars Command was likened to old style plastic army guys. Small, inexpensive pieces that kids (or adults) can collect en masse, to create large scale wars.

Hasbro

Image Image Image

Image Image Image

Image Image Image

Image Image Image

Image Image Image

Image Image Image

Image Image Image

Image Image Image

Image Image Image

Image Image Image

Sun Feb 16, 2014 3:23 pm
Founder
Founder

Toy Fair 2014 – FUNKO’S MAGIC: THE GATHERING LEGACY

(Source: TheFwoosh)

Quote:
First of all I know frakk all about Magic: The Gathering and all that card game stuff. But I do know about fantasy and cool looking fantasy action figures. I’ve been pining over Dark Souls figures and good fantasy figures that would fit in with line like Toy Biz’s Lord of the Rings, The Bridge Direct’s Hobbit, Mattel’s Masters of the Universe Classics (200x) and The Four Horsemen’s Fantastic Exclusives. Funko it delivering. They will be producing figures for Legacy and Pop, and it’s the Legacy figures that I’m interested in. Holy crap these look good! Read on for more info and check the pics below!

LYNNWOOD, WA – February 16, 2014 – Funko is excited to announce a new licensing agreement with Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc. (NYSE: HAS) to produce Magic: The Gathering Planeswalker figures for their popular Pop! Vinyl Figures and new Legacy Collection Action Figures lines.

“We are deeply honored and very excited that Wizards of the Coast chose Funko as a partner to develop truly cool collectibles for Magic: The Gathering. I know the fans of Magic have been waiting nearly 20 years to get their hands on some fantastic Action Figures and stylized Vinyl figures. I promise that we won’t disappoint them!” said Brian Mariotti, CEO of Funko.

The first series of Pop! Vinyl figures, set to release in April, will feature iconic Magic: The Gathering Planeswalkers Jace Beleren, Garruk Wildspeaker, Chandra Nalaar, Liliana Vess, Ajani Goldmane and Nissa Revane. Funko Pop! Vinyl figures are 3.75 inch tall super stylized vinyl figures. With over 10 Million sold since 2010, it is the world’s largest line of collectable stylized vinyl in the world.

Funko is also excited to announce that we have teamed up with talented sculptors at Gentle Giant to create Funko’s new Legacy Collection line of deluxe action figures featuring 20+ points of articulation and removable accessories for ages 14+. Set to release in August, the Magic: The Gathering Planeswalkers will be among the first Legacy Collection figures released, and you can expect the same iconic Planeswalkers as those released in Pop! Vinyl.

“We are excited to bring the world’s best strategy game to life with these figures,” said Elaine Chase, Brand Director for Magic: The Gathering at Wizards of the Coast. “Funko has been a great partner, and we’re looking forward to giving players yet another way to enjoy Magic: The Gathering.”

Funko products are available nationwide at Barnes & Noble Booksellers, Toys R Us, Hot Topic, Target, Walmart, 7-Eleven, specialty toy retailers, and online at www.amazon.com.

Sun Feb 16, 2014 3:26 pm
Founder
Founder

Toy Fair Reveals new Masters of The Universe Classics Products!

(Source: TheFwoosh)

Quote:
Get ready for our new limited subscription arriving in July to celebrate the 30th Anniversary of She-Ra®! Similar to last year’s add-on Club Filmation, we’ll have 6 new figures, shipping July through December, and subscribers will also receive a club-exclusive figure that will never be sold separately on MattyCollector.com or anywhere else by Mattel, making it a must-have for collection-completists. Club Etheria™ goes on sale Monday, 2/17 from 9 a.m. PT to Monday, 3/10 at 11:59 p.m. PT. The figures revealed include:

Double Mischief™: Coming 7/15
Madam Razz™ & Broom: Coming 8/15
Entrapta™: Coming 9/15
Light Hope™: First time ever! All new sculpt, club-exclusive figure. Coming 10/15.
Mystery Accessory: There was a lot of buzz about this one.

Among the reveals from Club Eternia® were this year’s chase figures, Loo-Kee™ & Kowl™. This pair of Etherian creatures will first be available in limited quantities for Club Eternia® subscribers during Early Access in April, priced at $20 for the pair. After that they’ll pop up unannounced throughout 2014, similar to last year’s Hordak® Spirit. Fans also got a look at Goat Man™, the traveling convention figure on sale during April Early Access for subscribers. Goat Man™ will be available for purchase throughout the year at conventions such as Power-Con™, Grayskull Con, and others. (Are you organizing a Con and want Goat Man™ there? Private Message Toy Guru through the Fan Forums on MattyCollector.com.) Also revealed were the heroic warrior Rio Blast™ and a mystery accessory.

Goat Man™: Traveling convention figure
Loo-Kee™ & Kowl™: Club Eternia® chase figures
Rio Blast™: Club Eternia® figure, coming September 2014
Mystery Accessory: This mysterious book belongs to…
Eldor!

Image Image Image

Image Image Image

Sun Feb 16, 2014 3:39 pm
Founder
Founder

Toy Fair Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, LEGO, Movie and Cartoon figure reveals!

(Source TNI)

Quote:
Shown below are the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles themed LEGO sets that were on display at the New York Toy Fair. Shown were the following:

79119 Mutation Chamber Unleashed which will have 196 pieces and include mini-figures of Spider Bytez, Raphael and Vic (The man who mutates into Spider Bytez). This set should cost $25.

79120 T-Rawket Sky Strike which has 286 pieces with mini-figures of Donatello, Michelangelo, Kraang and Kirby Bat. This set should cost $35.

79121 Turtle Sub Undersea Chase comes with mini-figures of Leatherhead, 2 Kraang, Leonardo and Donatello . This set should be $60

79118 Karai Bike Escape comes with mini-figures of Karai and Leonardo. This set should cost $13.

Also on display were 3 TMNT Movie based sets. Though we were not allowed to take images of those here are some brief descriptions of the sets:

- 79115 - Set 1 - Turtle Van with a $39.99 SRP. Comes with minifigs of Michelangelo, Raphael, Foot Soldier and unknown human character. Release July 2014.

- 79116 - Set 2 - Semi Truck with some kind of lab looking set up for the trailer of the semi. The set also comes with a black pick-up truck that had weapons on it. The SRP is $69.99. The Minifigs it included were Raphael, Leonardo, April, female that looks like may be Karai and 2 Foot Soldiers. There were also canisters that looked like had green mutagen in them with the letter S featured on the top of them. Release July 2014.

- 79117 - Set 3 - The Turtles Lair which has a SRP of $99.99. Release July 2014. This is a big playet featuring a movie verion of the Turtles Lair. The minifigs features are Leonardo, Donatello, Splinter, Shredder and 2 Foot Soldiers. There is also a small Mototcycle with this set. July 2014 release.

Image Image Image

Image Image Image

Image Image Image

Image Image Image

Sun Feb 16, 2014 3:47 pm
Reply to topic   [ 27 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next