View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Tue Nov 13, 2018 5:02 pm



Reply to topic  [ 20 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
JoeCon 2014 Convention Brochure Out Now! 
Author Message
Sneak Peek Photographer
Sneak Peek Photographer
User avatar

Joined: Fri Dec 09, 2011 11:27 am
Posts: 17900
Location: UK
Faction: Black Sword
Code Name: Bodycount
File Name: CLASSIFIED
Aliases: Too numerous to list
Primary Military Specialty: Commando
Secondary Military Specialty: Airborne
Grade: E5
outback, t'jbang and a steel brigade commander is a weird combo as well.

_________________
There's no kill like overkill

Image


Mon Dec 16, 2013 2:32 am
Profile Send private message
Sneak Peek Photographer
Sneak Peek Photographer
User avatar

Joined: Fri Dec 09, 2011 11:27 am
Posts: 17900
Location: UK
Faction: Black Sword
Code Name: Bodycount
File Name: CLASSIFIED
Aliases: Too numerous to list
Primary Military Specialty: Commando
Secondary Military Specialty: Airborne
Grade: E5
apparently there is going to be a 3.75in Joe Colton figure as well, which will be available seperately and as part of the 12in set.

_________________
There's no kill like overkill

Image


Mon Dec 16, 2013 2:49 pm
Profile Send private message
Editorial Moderator
Editorial Moderator
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 03, 2012 4:19 pm
Posts: 6424
Faction: neutral
Code Name: classified
File Name: classified
Aliases: skinnyjoefan
Primary Military Specialty: classified
Secondary Military Specialty: classified
This makes perfect sense for a con set.
The 50th is all about the 12 inchers not the the three inch.

Secondly, the Club has to use what Hasbro lets them.
Hasbro had all those Zombie themed items from the concept case ready to go and then dumped the concept, right into the club's lap I might add.
Hasbro most likely had no intention of proceeding with the Compound Z storyline. Walking Dead's Zombiemania is wearing off. It was a fad just like anything else.

This is perfect because It is the ONLY way you will ever get to see ECO Force figures come to light.

The other more popular requests such as Sky Patrol, Tiger Force etc. can be done any time.

The club did well, IMHO. Hasbro handed them a potential lemon and they are making lemonade.




The Joe Colton figure, makes sense to put in with the 12 inch set because, guys…this is that generation's celebration first and foremost. He will also be available carded but not with teh backdrop.


The ARAH theme, really has very little to do with that.
Let those club members, like Brian himself get some real goodies for a change.
The focus on this year's con should be for that crowd. Not the 3 inch guys.

I also love that they are going to have Cross Country's voice actor and Scarlett's voice actor there.

I hope we see an ECO HISS (current sculpt) an ECO striker, and I hope they use some star wars stuff like the operating table or bacta tanks for a lab.

_________________
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCYFAXC ... jMATv1_JGg
Mupnoks and more to see here! Always something new coming it just takes a while.


Mon Dec 16, 2013 3:47 pm
Profile Send private message
Online
Founder
Founder
User avatar

Joined: Thu Feb 10, 2011 7:31 pm
Posts: 82573
Location: Coweta Ok.
Faction: Justice League
Code Name: Man of Steel
skinny wrote:
This makes perfect sense for a con set.
The 50th is all about the 12 inchers not the the three inch.

Secondly, the Club has to use what Hasbro lets them.
Hasbro had all those Zombie themed items from the concept case ready to go and then dumped the concept, right into the club's lap I might add.
Hasbro most likely had no intention of proceeding with the Compound Z storyline. Walking Dead's Zombiemania is wearing off. It was a fad just like anything else.

This is perfect because It is the ONLY way you will ever get to see ECO Force figures come to light.

The other more popular requests such as Sky Patrol, Tiger Force etc. can be done any time.

The club did well, IMHO. Hasbro handed them a potential lemon and they are making lemonade.




The Joe Colton figure, makes sense to put in with the 12 inch set because, guys…this is that generation's celebration first and foremost. He will also be available carded but not with teh backdrop.


The ARAH theme, really has very little to do with that.
Let those club members, like Brian himself get some real goodies for a change.
The focus on this year's con should be for that crowd. Not the 3 inch guys.

I also love that they are going to have Cross Country's voice actor and Scarlett's voice actor there.

I hope we see an ECO HISS (current sculpt) an ECO striker, and I hope they use some star wars stuff like the operating table or bacta tanks for a lab.



So do you think we will see any 3.75 figures at retail this year, since its the 50th for Joe Colton and not ARAH? As for eco warriors, i would love this set, but like usual, i can't imagine having $370 for it, every year i have to beg guys who go to the con to pick me up a fig here or there, which sucks.

_________________
Image
ImageImage


Mon Dec 16, 2013 5:24 pm
Profile Send private message
Editorial Moderator
Editorial Moderator
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 03, 2012 4:19 pm
Posts: 6424
Faction: neutral
Code Name: classified
File Name: classified
Aliases: skinnyjoefan
Primary Military Specialty: classified
Secondary Military Specialty: classified
CAPT. GRID-IRON wrote:
skinny wrote:
This makes perfect sense for a con set.
The 50th is all about the 12 inchers not the the three inch.

Secondly, the Club has to use what Hasbro lets them.
Hasbro had all those Zombie themed items from the concept case ready to go and then dumped the concept, right into the club's lap I might add.
Hasbro most likely had no intention of proceeding with the Compound Z storyline. Walking Dead's Zombiemania is wearing off. It was a fad just like anything else.

This is perfect because It is the ONLY way you will ever get to see ECO Force figures come to light.

The other more popular requests such as Sky Patrol, Tiger Force etc. can be done any time.

The club did well, IMHO. Hasbro handed them a potential lemon and they are making lemonade.




The Joe Colton figure, makes sense to put in with the 12 inch set because, guys…this is that generation's celebration first and foremost. He will also be available carded but not with teh backdrop.


The ARAH theme, really has very little to do with that.
Let those club members, like Brian himself get some real goodies for a change.
The focus on this year's con should be for that crowd. Not the 3 inch guys.

I also love that they are going to have Cross Country's voice actor and Scarlett's voice actor there.

I hope we see an ECO HISS (current sculpt) an ECO striker, and I hope they use some star wars stuff like the operating table or bacta tanks for a lab.



So do you think we will see any 3.75 figures at retail this year, since its the 50th for Joe Colton and not ARAH? As for eco warriors, i would love this set, but like usual, i can't imagine having $370 for it, every year i have to beg guys who go to the con to pick me up a fig here or there, which sucks.


I do think there will be a small presence of 50th figures at retail. Certainly more than just a 50th sticker? Never know though.
I would suggest setting aside so much every month for a Joecon set. Then when the packages are available the money is there to get them.
You may have to go without that double mocha express double fudge latte for a few weeks, but you have to prioritize.

_________________
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCYFAXC ... jMATv1_JGg
Mupnoks and more to see here! Always something new coming it just takes a while.


Mon Dec 16, 2013 9:20 pm
Profile Send private message
Online
Founder
Founder
User avatar

Joined: Thu Feb 10, 2011 7:31 pm
Posts: 82573
Location: Coweta Ok.
Faction: Justice League
Code Name: Man of Steel
skinny wrote:
CAPT. GRID-IRON wrote:
skinny wrote:
This makes perfect sense for a con set.
The 50th is all about the 12 inchers not the the three inch.

Secondly, the Club has to use what Hasbro lets them.
Hasbro had all those Zombie themed items from the concept case ready to go and then dumped the concept, right into the club's lap I might add.
Hasbro most likely had no intention of proceeding with the Compound Z storyline. Walking Dead's Zombiemania is wearing off. It was a fad just like anything else.

This is perfect because It is the ONLY way you will ever get to see ECO Force figures come to light.

The other more popular requests such as Sky Patrol, Tiger Force etc. can be done any time.

The club did well, IMHO. Hasbro handed them a potential lemon and they are making lemonade.




The Joe Colton figure, makes sense to put in with the 12 inch set because, guys…this is that generation's celebration first and foremost. He will also be available carded but not with teh backdrop.


The ARAH theme, really has very little to do with that.
Let those club members, like Brian himself get some real goodies for a change.
The focus on this year's con should be for that crowd. Not the 3 inch guys.

I also love that they are going to have Cross Country's voice actor and Scarlett's voice actor there.

I hope we see an ECO HISS (current sculpt) an ECO striker, and I hope they use some star wars stuff like the operating table or bacta tanks for a lab.



So do you think we will see any 3.75 figures at retail this year, since its the 50th for Joe Colton and not ARAH? As for eco warriors, i would love this set, but like usual, i can't imagine having $370 for it, every year i have to beg guys who go to the con to pick me up a fig here or there, which sucks.


I do think there will be a small presence of 50th figures at retail. Certainly more than just a 50th sticker? Never know though.
I would suggest setting aside so much every month for a Joecon set. Then when the packages are available the money is there to get them.
You may have to go without that double mocha express double fudge latte for a few weeks, but you have to prioritize.


i am really hoping you are right, i can't even imagine another joecon with no new products shown, it would be such a downer for everyone.

_________________
Image
ImageImage


Mon Dec 16, 2013 9:33 pm
Profile Send private message
Editorial Moderator
Editorial Moderator
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 03, 2012 4:19 pm
Posts: 6424
Faction: neutral
Code Name: classified
File Name: classified
Aliases: skinnyjoefan
Primary Military Specialty: classified
Secondary Military Specialty: classified
Bodycount wrote:
outback, t'jbang and a steel brigade commander is a weird combo as well.

Outback was originally planned to be a part of the eco-warriors:

http://www.yojoe.com/action/93/outback3.shtml

Talk about major guests!
Michael Bell
BJ ward
Morgan Lofting
Michael Richard Dobson
Michael McConnohie
and
Kirk Bozigian
Larry Hama
http://www.gijoecon.com/tx2014/con14guests.cfm

pretty full roster this year!

_________________
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCYFAXC ... jMATv1_JGg
Mupnoks and more to see here! Always something new coming it just takes a while.


Sat Dec 21, 2013 6:18 pm
Profile Send private message
Online
Founder
Founder
User avatar

Joined: Thu Feb 10, 2011 7:31 pm
Posts: 82573
Location: Coweta Ok.
Faction: Justice League
Code Name: Man of Steel
skinny wrote:
Bodycount wrote:
outback, t'jbang and a steel brigade commander is a weird combo as well.

Outback was originally planned to be a part of the eco-warriors:

http://www.yojoe.com/action/93/outback3.shtml

Talk about major guests!
Michael Bell
BJ ward
Morgan Lofting
Michael Richard Dobson
Michael McConnohie
and
Kirk Bozigian
Larry Hama
http://www.gijoecon.com/tx2014/con14guests.cfm

pretty full roster this year!


i was wondering if they will go with the battle corps colors for outback that would be awesome.

and that roster of guests is really impressive!

_________________
Image
ImageImage


Sat Dec 21, 2013 6:50 pm
Profile Send private message
Sneak Peek Photographer
Sneak Peek Photographer
User avatar

Joined: Fri Dec 09, 2011 11:27 am
Posts: 17900
Location: UK
Faction: Black Sword
Code Name: Bodycount
File Name: CLASSIFIED
Aliases: Too numerous to list
Primary Military Specialty: Commando
Secondary Military Specialty: Airborne
Grade: E5
teaming a ninja, a generic infantryman and a survival specialist still seems an odd combo to me.

_________________
There's no kill like overkill

Image


Sun Dec 22, 2013 2:30 am
Profile Send private message
Editorial Moderator
Editorial Moderator
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 03, 2012 4:19 pm
Posts: 6424
Faction: neutral
Code Name: classified
File Name: classified
Aliases: skinnyjoefan
Primary Military Specialty: classified
Secondary Military Specialty: classified
CAPT. GRID-IRON wrote:
skinny wrote:
Bodycount wrote:
outback, t'jbang and a steel brigade commander is a weird combo as well.

Outback was originally planned to be a part of the eco-warriors:

http://www.yojoe.com/action/93/outback3.shtml

Talk about major guests!
Michael Bell
BJ ward
Morgan Lofting
Michael Richard Dobson
Michael McConnohie
and
Kirk Bozigian
Larry Hama
http://www.gijoecon.com/tx2014/con14guests.cfm

pretty full roster this year!


i was wondering if they will go with the battle corps colors for outback that would be awesome.

and that roster of guests is really impressive!







Question: Will the 3 3/4-inch Eco Force/Warrior figures have a gimmick like neon color-changing plastic or water shooting weapons?
Answer: No, the 3 3/4-inch convention figures are modern military updates and not Environmental Warriors. The set features E.C.O. as an acronym for the Emergency Chemical Operations Force.

Question: Will there be a 3 3/4” figure parachute drop this year?
Answer: Yes, we will have an indoor drop featuring a 3 3/4” figure. Who will it be? Join us on Friday, April 11th to find out!

Question: Is the hotel block full already? I tried to book a room, and it shows no availability. Will another block of rooms be added? If not, is there a second hotel selection?
Answer: Yes the hotel is full. We will be working on another solution. I would call them and see if you can get on a wait list for the block. People might change their plans.

Question: I see that there is a 3 3/4” Joseph Colton that comes with the General’s Package (with the club display stand system). I’m a 3 3/4” collector and don’t want to purchase the 12” set just to get this loose figure. Are there any plans to make this figure available to other attendees?
Answer: Yes! We will be carding a number of these same figures (no display stand or backdrop) for our 3 3/4” attendees to have access to this figure.

_________________
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCYFAXC ... jMATv1_JGg
Mupnoks and more to see here! Always something new coming it just takes a while.


Sun Dec 22, 2013 9:48 am
Profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Reply to topic   [ 20 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group ColorizeIt.
Designed by ST Software.