SerpentorsLair.info - View topic - Mark Hamill Says On Last Jedi 'HE'S NOT MY LUKE SKYWALKER'!

View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Wed Aug 22, 2018 3:41 am

Reply to topic  [ 3 posts ] 
Mark Hamill Says On Last Jedi 'HE'S NOT MY LUKE SKYWALKER'! 
Founder
Founder

Faction: Justice League
Code Name: Man of Steel
 Mark Hamill Says On Last Jedi 'HE'S NOT MY LUKE SKYWALKER'!
Fans have been decidedly mixed on their feelings about the latest Star Wars movie, 'The Last Jedi'. One thing is for certain, among many fans the characterization of Luke Skywalker as a desperate individual about to end his own life, does not sit with the Galactic Hero that we all saw at the end of 'Return of The Jedi'. If you are a part of this group, don't feel bad, because Mark Hamill himself feels the same way. Check out what he had to say on the topic below and share your thoughts!

I said to Ryan, I said, "Jedi's don't give up. I mean even if he had a problem he would maybe take a year to try and regroup, but if he made a mistake he would try and right that wrong." So right there we had a fundamental difference, but it's not my story anymore. It's somebody else's story, and Ryan needed me to be a certain way to make the ending effective. That's the crux of my problem. Luke would never say that. I'm sorry. Well in this version, see I'm talking about the George Lucas Star Wars. This is the next generation of Star Wars, so I almost has to think of Luke as another character. Maybe he is Jake Skywalker. He's not my Luke Skywalker, but I had to do what Ryan wanted me to do because it serves the story well, but listen, I still haven't accepted it completely. But it's only a movie. I hope people like it. I hope they don't get upset, and I came to really believe that Ryan was the exact man that they need for this job.

ImageImage

Fri Dec 22, 2017 3:26 pm
Profile Send private message
Founder
Founder

Post Re: Mark Hamill Says On Last Jedi 'HE'S NOT MY LUKE SKYWALKE
It’s all a certain point of view . Yoda in ROTS , “ failed have I. In exile I must go”

Luke was no different . If director would of done a obi wan New Hope 2.0 people would of talked shit too.

I swear thank God the internet didn’t exist in 1980 or we would of had to hear some negative bs over ESB.

Fri Dec 22, 2017 4:59 pm
Founder
Founder

Faction: Justice League
Code Name: Man of Steel
Post Re: Mark Hamill Says On Last Jedi 'HE'S NOT MY LUKE SKYWALKE
STORMSHADOW__210 wrote:
It’s all a certain point of view . Yoda in ROTS , “ failed have I. In exile I must go”

Luke was no different . If director would of done a obi wan New Hope 2.0 people would of talked shit too.

I swear thank God the internet didn’t exist in 1980 or we would of had to hear some negative bs over ESB.

Yeah but Yoda had a plan, he was going to groom Luke and Leia to try and redeem Anakin. It sounds like in TLJ Luke is getting ready to kill himself instead of trying to figure out a way to help Kylo Ren. Which doesn't seem very 'Luke' like considering he brought Vader back who was ten times the sith that Ren is.

ImageImage

Fri Dec 22, 2017 6:22 pm
Reply to topic   [ 3 posts ]