SerpentorsLair.info - View topic - Outback's Outpost 'G.I.Joe Dusty' By Mitchell Smith!

View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sun Feb 28, 2021 2:06 pm

Reply to topic  [ 3 posts ] 
Outback's Outpost 'G.I.Joe Dusty' By Mitchell Smith! 
Founder
Founder

Faction: Justice League
Code Name: Man of Steel
 Outback's Outpost 'G.I.Joe Dusty' By Mitchell Smith!
Welcome to the Outpost. Today I’m checking out one of my favorite characters G.I.Joe Dusty. The 1985 Dusty was such a cool figure and I probably passed him up for Shipwreck and Footloose but I’m not sure. I had one shot back in the day and I couldn’t buy them all. Dusty was a solid character in the cartoon and in the comics. Over the years there have been some great upgrades including the the Tiger Force that I did have and still have, the 1991 version with the beret, and one of my favorites I picked up for 5 bucks at Big Lots the 2000 version with the red beret.

I also have the 2008 and 2010 modern versions which are both awesome. Then there is the 2008 12 inch figure that is just pure gold. Dusty is a prime candidate for a 6 inch figure and I hope they can come up with a solution to produce and distribute 6 inch figures effectively. Over all Dusty has always been a favorite of mine and I hope to see him in our future. Which version of Dusty is your favorite? Who hopes we see him soon in the 6 inch line? Sound off below and let us know! Make sure to check back for our next discussion.

Thu Jan 14, 2021 9:49 am
Profile Send private message
Editoral Moderator
Editoral Moderator

Faction: Cobra Contractor
Code Name: YorktownJoe
File Name: CLASSIFIED
Aliases: YTJ (more acronym than alias)
Primary Military Specialty: Counter-Intelligence
Secondary Military Specialty: Sense o' humor
Grade: O-4
Post Re: Outback's Outpost 'G.I.Joe Dusty' By Mitchell Smith!
Dusty is awesome. 1985 was a good year! As Train mentioned, it was challenging to prioritize! My first Dusty saw so many combat missions, he eventually ended up becoming a parts donor.

Thanks to some transaction with Kal a few years back, I have a replacement Dusty in good shape again. I'll have to check my box, but I think I might still have my original elusive bipod for his gun in my weapons and accessories hardware store organizer form the 1980's. Mostly due to it kept falling off, so I put it in the box for fear of losing it!!

He would definitely be due for a Classified release. Although the POC version was an excellent update with the softgoods and extra head.

Thu Jan 14, 2021 12:32 pm
Founder
Founder

Faction: Justice League
Code Name: Man of Steel
Post Re: Outback's Outpost 'G.I.Joe Dusty' By Mitchell Smith!
If you go to the classified website, Dusty is on their list of possible upcoming releases. However, if they don't release it with 2 hats, his original and the Tan Beret it would be a HUGE mistake.

Fri Jan 15, 2021 10:17 am
Reply to topic   [ 3 posts ]