SerpentorsLair.info - View topic - Outback's Outpost 'G.I.Joe Shipwreck' By Mitchell Smith!

View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sun Jan 24, 2021 8:23 am

Reply to topic  [ 3 posts ] 
Outback's Outpost 'G.I.Joe Shipwreck' By Mitchell Smith! 
Founder
Founder

Faction: Justice League
Code Name: Man of Steel
 Outback's Outpost 'G.I.Joe Shipwreck' By Mitchell Smith!
Welcome to the Outpost. Today I’m taking a look at one of the best G.I.Joe characters ever created, and one of the very first I bought with my own money, 'Shipwreck'. Shipwreck was introduced in 1985 and was an instant hit. I remember standing in Ames with my older brother and I liked the sailor suit, the name, his cool weapons, and Polly. I remember storing his pistol and anchor in a small match box. I still have the Polly minus his feet and Shipwrecks head. My brothers were rough on my figures, very few made it out alive.

Shipwreck was in many episodes and even had a 2 part episode specifically focused on him, “There’s no Place Like Springfield. This is one of my all time favorite episodes. Back in the day that second part took a whole day of waiting to see what happened next. Shipwreck has had several updates over the years. Some of my favorites are the 1994 wet-suit version, the 2012 blue Dollar General version, and the 2002 v5.

There is a cool 12 inch Shipwreck that I’m in the process of hunter down but I have a cool custom 12 inch so I’m not worried. I think a 6 inch version similar to that of the 2012 version would be awesome. Maybe with a sailor hat and a toque. I think Shipwreck’s body is one of the most used bodies for customizing. The 1985, 2012, and 2013 are just a few that make awesome customs. How many Shipwreck versions do you own? Which is your favorite? Sound off below and let us know! Make sure to check back for our next discussion.

Thu Nov 19, 2020 9:10 am
Profile Send private message
Founder
Founder

Faction: Justice League
Code Name: Man of Steel
Post Re: Outback's Outpost 'G.I.Joe Shipwreck' By Mitchell Smith!
Hey its my favorite G.I.Joe character Shipwreck. Oddly enough, i didn't hardly even know who the character was until i was an adult. My first Shipwreck figure was the 1994 Navy Seal version. Of course at the time i had no idea it was an homage to the 'No Place Like Springfield' cartoon episode, because i had only seen one or two episodes of the original cartoon and the 1987 movie. I had been reading the comics for several years, but of course Shipwreck almost never appears in the comics.

So long story short when i finally got to see all the episodes of the original cartoon, sometime around 2000-2001, Shipwreck quickly became my favorite. I have probably 20 shipwreck figures. Some are duplicates, some are customs. And of course i am holding out hope that we get a 'Classified' version of him, and that they make him look correct.

One thing i like about 'modern shipwreck' is that in the comics he finally gets the girl. And how ironic that it ends up being cover girl.

Sun Nov 22, 2020 11:22 am
Editorial Moderator
Editorial Moderator

Code Name: Train
File Name: Mitchell Smith
Aliases: ZAP,
Primary Military Specialty: Heavy Equipment
Secondary Military Specialty: Kung Fu
Post Re: Outback's Outpost 'G.I.Joe Shipwreck' By Mitchell Smith!
I love the story how Shipwrecks voice was created

Sun Nov 22, 2020 2:24 pm
Reply to topic   [ 3 posts ]