SerpentorsLair.info - View topic - Outback's Outpost 'G.I.Joe 1993 Vehicles' By Mitchell Smith!

View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Nov 26, 2020 1:38 am

Reply to topic  [ 4 posts ] 
Outback's Outpost 'G.I.Joe 1993 Vehicles' By Mitchell Smith! 
Founder
Founder

Faction: Justice League
Code Name: Man of Steel
 Outback's Outpost 'G.I.Joe 1993 Vehicles' By Mitchell Smith!
Welcome to the Outpost. This week we are talking 1993 G.I.Joe vehicles. The 90’s vehicles were very different from the 80s, but there were still some nice unique vehicles that came out. The Ghoststriker X-16 is a really cool jet and it is one I have never had but I have been looking for an affordable one for years. The Shark 9000 is a vehicle I have and I love this one. It may not be a Killer Whale but this one is still fairly large and has as much play value as the Whale. If you have never had one of these and you enjoy the Whale it is definitely worth looking into getting one. The Mudbuster is a cool jeep/truck. I have 2 of these and they are pretty nice in hand. The Detonator is another vehicle I got in a collection I bought years ago and this one is pretty good sized.

It is a cool vehicle but I think it needed to carry more figures or have more working parts, it just seems too big for what it does. The Ice Snake is another one I have. It Is a cool little vehicle, maybe not a Wolf or Ice Saber but I nice winter vehicle. The Monster A.P.C. is a bright green but the vehicle is pretty cool. I do have one of these, but I have not set it up. The Battle Ax and The Pile Driver are similar vehicles. I have 1 or both of these, very confusing to figure out. The Ninja Lightening is an interesting bike. I’ll take a Ram please. It does have a wind up feature so it can go on its own. I guess that makes it cool. The Starfighter is one I have. I love this small one man spaceship. I think there should have been more smaller spaceships with unique designs.

The Invader was a reused 1987 vehicle. Well was the Pogo Ball ever popular? I guess this is a cool Space vehicle, kind of a lunar module, maybe this one is cool after all, it makes more sense then the original Pogo Ball. The Armor-Bot was one I had to look up on YouTube. This is a very large vehicle, and although it looks pretty cool, I don’t think this is anything I will be chasing down. The Beast Blaster is a slightly modified Thunder Machine painted to go with the Street Fighter line. I love the Thunder Machine and I actually have this Beast Blaster version and it is a pretty awesome vehicle. The Crimson Cruiser is one I have had for a while and I didn’t think it was all that cool until I recently found the original Badger and I have new respect for this vehicle, This one is actually pretty badass. The Sonic Boom Tank is another repainted tank for the Street Fighter line, I don’t have this one or the original Paralyzer Tank, but I think both of these look kind of cool especially if you're a die hard eighties fan looking for a 1980 feel on a 1990 vehicle. I think the Sonic Boom is one that fits right in with the 80s vehicles. The Dragon Fortress is a cool little Street Fighter base. I don’t have one of these but I think this one would be a really cool set to have that could double as an Arashikage Fortress. Hint, Hint, wink, wink, for the upcoming Snake Eyes movie, probably won’t happen but it would be cool. Last up for 1993 is the Dino-Hunter set. Jurassic Park was a huge hit this year so it wasn’t a wonder why the Dino set came out.

The re-painted Desert Fox is cool and the Ambush and Low-Light figures look pretty nice. Oh it also came with a dinosaur but after seeing the new Jurassic Park dinosaurs I’m not sure this one looks all that cool. Over all I think 1993 was a pretty great year for figures and vehicles. I probably would not have tracked down a lot of these vehicles so I’m happy I got a bunch in the collection I bought. Which 1993 vehicle is your favorite? How many did you have from this year? Sound off below and let us know! Make sure to check back for our next discussion.

Sun Sep 27, 2020 10:17 am
Profile Send private message
Founder
Founder

Faction: Gi Joe
Code Name: Protoxero
File Name: Unknowen
Aliases: Proto
Primary Military Specialty: Ninja
Secondary Military Specialty: Covert Opps
Grade: 0-4
Post Re: Outback's Outpost 'G.I.Joe 1993 Vehicles' By Mitchell Sm
Awe man the 93 stuff I got a lot of this as a kid, I had the ghost striker I wish I would of rescued it before I let it go as I lost my storage spot, I'll have to find one again and the good news is it don't need to be complete I have all the lil loose parts, another big fun thing is the detonator I still have that thing it needs a bit of fixing, but I remember clearly shooting the nerf missiles across the back yard, and a honorable mention to the armor bot I kinda forgot the prototype was green wtf??? And then power fighters too are different even the ninja battle ax is different, I kinda wish the figs looked more like the blacked out pics the actual figs are totally different.

Sun Sep 27, 2020 11:14 am
Founder
Founder

Faction: Justice League
Code Name: Man of Steel
Same here. I got the Ice Snake when it first came out, and i also got the Cobra Detonator. Both outstanding vehicles. Although i have always wanted to load up the Detonator with Cyber Vipers but i only found one when i was a kid and now they are just absolutely stupid expensive.

I always wanted the Star Brigade Robot but i never have owned that one. Also i think the Mudbuster is this year, that is a great little jeep as well.

Sun Sep 27, 2020 12:29 pm
Editoral Moderator
Editoral Moderator

Faction: Cobra Contractor
Code Name: YorktownJoe
File Name: CLASSIFIED
Aliases: YTJ (more acronym than alias)
Primary Military Specialty: Counter-Intelligence
Secondary Military Specialty: Sense o' humor
Grade: O-4
I think the Mudbuster and GPV both look pretty good. Although by that time they were phoning it in a little bit and skipping details like hubcap wheel covers.

Still look solid though!

Sun Sep 27, 2020 10:34 pm
Reply to topic   [ 4 posts ]