SerpentorsLair.info - View topic - Outback's Outpost 'Cobra B.A.T.' By Mitchell Smith!

View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri Sep 18, 2020 1:15 pm

Reply to topic  [ 8 posts ] 
Outback's Outpost 'Cobra B.A.T.' By Mitchell Smith! 
Founder
Founder

Faction: Justice League
Code Name: Man of Steel
 Outback's Outpost 'Cobra B.A.T.' By Mitchell Smith!
Welcome to the Outpost. 1986 was a bit of a turning point for G.I. Joe. The previous 4 years had posted some awesome figures and vehicles and the success and popularity was mounding. This led to creative ideas and some pretty awesome characters and figures. The 1989 B.A.T. was a very cool idea. Cobra troopers, Vipers, and Crimson Guards really didn’t get hurt in the cartoon, but the Battle Android Troopers were characters that could be ripped apart and destroyed and it was just a machine with a human type bodies, so I think it was accepted as a non violent type of battle.

Anyhow, the first B.A.T.s were really awesome. Just a really cool color scheme, weapons that were interchangeable that attached to the arm, and the chest plate that showed robotic innards. These looked great on the T.V. as well. They were introduced with many great characters such as Dr. Mindbender, General Hawk, and Serpentor. The B.A.T. really stood out especially watching SGT. Slaughter take on a whole slew of them all at once and making them a scrap pile. The B.A.T.s have had a number of cool upgrades over the years including many modern day versions.

I liked the 90s B.A.T.s and there was a really cool Camo one in the modern run. There are a ton of cool ones but the original will always be my favorite. Which B.A.T. do you like the best? How many different versions do you have? Which B.A.T. is your favorite? Let us know! I know I have at least 10 different versions and many in multiples as these are nice to army build. Make sure to check back for our next discussion.

Fri Sep 11, 2020 9:06 am
Profile Send private message
Founder
Founder

Faction: Justice League
Code Name: Man of Steel
Post Re: Outback's Outpost 'Cobra B.A.T.' By Mitchell Smith!
I know this is going to sound weird to most people but i really don't remember when i got my first 1986 B.A.T. I didn't have one growing up, and it may be i didn't have one until the early 2000's.

My first bat figure was back in 1991 with the V2 B.A.T. As soon as i saw that one at Walmart i had to have one. And unlike probably 98% of gi joe fans, the 91 bat is my favorite. Although the Club 'Inferno Bats' which are made with the same mold are a really close second for me.

Mon Sep 14, 2020 10:55 am
Editorial Moderator
Editorial Moderator

Code Name: Train
File Name: Mitchell Smith
Aliases: ZAP,
Primary Military Specialty: Heavy Equipment
Secondary Military Specialty: Kung Fu
That one does look cool, I have an army of the one you’re talking about, I think those are really cool
As well

Mon Sep 14, 2020 11:51 am
Editoral Moderator
Editoral Moderator

Faction: Cobra Contractor
Code Name: YorktownJoe
File Name: CLASSIFIED
Aliases: YTJ (more acronym than alias)
Primary Military Specialty: Counter-Intelligence
Secondary Military Specialty: Sense o' humor
Grade: O-4
So I have 2 vintage 1986 ones, but I don't really remember getting the second one. I can't remember if I stumbled upon it or got it later around 2000 in the early eBay days.

I never had a 1991 version, but those 6 packs that Hasbro or Kaybee or whoever sold, I bought multiple of those.
Pretty sure those were the ones Kal mentioned. They came with 3 black ones of that mold, 2 Inferno ones of that mold and 1 OverKill repaint in blue. I seem to remember they were super affordable and came in a non-descript cardboard mailer.

I mostly used the black and yellow ones from that set for fear of wrecking my v1's.

But the inferno bat is great to photograph.

ImageInferno B.A.T.

And one time I had the Baroness and Shadow Guard working on rejuvenating some of those BATS!

ImageBodies

Mon Sep 14, 2020 12:33 pm
Founder
Founder

Faction: Gi Joe
Code Name: Protoxero
File Name: Unknowen
Aliases: Proto
Primary Military Specialty: Ninja
Secondary Military Specialty: Covert Opps
Grade: 0-4
Well most know I'm bat crazy, my first bat was second hand v1 I got as a kid in a trade I think I lost a descent TF that day but gained my first bat no weapons or hologram I still loved him. In the 90s I remember getting v2 bat at kay bee with my dad, later it was the baat I also got at kay bee. One day years ago a fellow collector contact me about a lot of 86 bats and a lot of 200x mail in bats, I scored a hell of a deal compared to there current price I think I got 50+ 86 bats and about 10 each of the 200x bats all for about 200 bucks. Robot rebellion cc commands my bat shelf and on a side note the head hunter bats are super cool I really love that whole set. I'm doomed if they do a classified bat lol.

Mon Sep 14, 2020 12:56 pm
Editorial Moderator
Editorial Moderator

Code Name: Train
File Name: Mitchell Smith
Aliases: ZAP,
Primary Military Specialty: Heavy Equipment
Secondary Military Specialty: Kung Fu
The banks may look at you a little strange when you ask to take out a loan for Bats, or maybe they would be like here is $50,000 to protect those bats

Mon Sep 14, 2020 6:01 pm
Editoral Moderator
Editoral Moderator

Faction: Cobra Contractor
Code Name: YorktownJoe
File Name: CLASSIFIED
Aliases: YTJ (more acronym than alias)
Primary Military Specialty: Counter-Intelligence
Secondary Military Specialty: Sense o' humor
Grade: O-4
They should do a Classified BAT with an alternate battle damaged head.

As for accessories, I'd honestly be fine with a Claw hand and a regular hand if they gave us a pistol and battle damage chest panel too...oh man, hopefully that is before 2022. Maybe 2021 Christmas?

Don't send them short packed. Sell them $20 each or a case of 6 for $100 shipped, and eliminate the retailer exclusive drama.

Mon Sep 14, 2020 11:23 pm
Founder
Founder

Faction: Gi Joe
Code Name: Protoxero
File Name: Unknowen
Aliases: Proto
Primary Military Specialty: Ninja
Secondary Military Specialty: Covert Opps
Grade: 0-4
yorktownjoe wrote:
They should do a Classified BAT with an alternate battle damaged head.

As for accessories, I'd honestly be fine with a Claw hand and a regular hand if they gave us a pistol and battle damage chest panel too...oh man, hopefully that is before 2022. Maybe 2021 Christmas?

Don't send them short packed. Sell them $20 each or a case of 6 for $100 shipped, and eliminate the retailer exclusive drama.

You will have to buy them bats from me if I give them up lol I hord bats of all types, that would be a cool idea with battle damage parts but you know I'd need like 50 of them. Lol

Mon Sep 14, 2020 11:42 pm
Reply to topic   [ 8 posts ]