SerpentorsLair.info - View topic - Outback's Outpost 'Backstop' By Mitchell Smith!

View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Tue May 26, 2020 6:27 am

Reply to topic  [ 5 posts ] 
Outback's Outpost 'Backstop' By Mitchell Smith! 
Founder
Founder

Faction: Justice League
Code Name: Man of Steel
 Outback's Outpost 'Backstop' By Mitchell Smith!
Welcome to the Outpost. Happy Victory Day to all my Canadian G.I.Joe fans. So today I am honoring the Montreal native Backstop. Backstop is the Persuader driver. A pretty cool vehicle. Backstop was a bad ass kid. He was bored from hockey in Canada for the amount of injuries he inflicted on other players in school. His parents moved to the US where he boxed and wrestled and same thing happened he was bored from high school sports.

He finally joined the Army and eventually became a Joe. Backstop has a really cool look to him. He has some bright colors but they are dimmed down by the contrasting darker colors so he looks very cool and not too bright. He has a very cool helmet and a cool pistol. I did not have this figure as a kid, but this was in my G.I. Joe heyday, so it was one that I always wanted. I was able to finally get one as a collector and he looked just as good as I remembered him all those years ago. Who had Backstop and the Persuader as a kid?

How did this rank against the other vehicles from this time? Sound off below and let us know! Have a safe holiday all, and make sure to check back for our next discussion.

Mon May 18, 2020 12:31 pm
Profile Send private message
Editoral Moderator
Editoral Moderator

Faction: Cobra Contractor
Code Name: YorktownJoe
File Name: CLASSIFIED
Aliases: YTJ (more acronym than alias)
Primary Military Specialty: Counter-Intelligence
Secondary Military Specialty: Sense o' humor
Grade: O-4
Post Re: Outback's Outpost 'Backstop' By Mitchell Smith!
Cool Review!

I think if I'm honest with myself, I based my decision to purchase this originally based on that cool pistol.

Yes, the vehicle was cool. The "suspension" was great, and the ability to keep firing after the missiles were gone was a nice touch.

The figure was all right from the waist up, and his helmet reminded me of the 1970's BattleStar Galactica.

But that western 6 shooter, wow. Just wow!

One time I did switch out his legs for Super Trooper's and the color was spot on.

I think Hasbro like to have flamboyant pants on vehicle drivers in that timeframe...

Mon May 18, 2020 2:03 pm
Founder
Founder

Faction: Justice League
Code Name: Man of Steel
yorktownjoe wrote:
Cool Review!

I think if I'm honest with myself, I based my decision to purchase this originally based on that cool pistol.

Yes, the vehicle was cool. The "suspension" was great, and the ability to keep firing after the missiles were gone was a nice touch.

The figure was all right from the waist up, and his helmet reminded me of the 1970's BattleStar Galactica.

But that western 6 shooter, wow. Just wow!

One time I did switch out his legs for Super Trooper's and the color was spot on.

I think Hasbro like to have flamboyant pants on vehicle drivers in that timeframe...

Totally agree, i would love to get someone to make an extra of his epic gun for wild bill, that would be Saweeeet!

Mon May 18, 2020 2:29 pm
Editoral Moderator
Editoral Moderator

Faction: Cobra Contractor
Code Name: YorktownJoe
File Name: CLASSIFIED
Aliases: YTJ (more acronym than alias)
Primary Military Specialty: Counter-Intelligence
Secondary Military Specialty: Sense o' humor
Grade: O-4
Yes, I would want two or three of those. Although I think my Wild Bill might be missing a thumb.

Did the 90's or remakes of the 90's Wild Bill have some type of 6 shooter?

Backstop's gun was special. It even had a woven wood grain texture to the handle and giant barrel.

I could imagine his vehicle getting knocked over in a battle and him climbing out of the wreck taking names with that bad boy.

For Wild Bill, he would need two, because nothing is more ridiculously awesome than somebody going full Buffalo Bill Cody Amazing Wild West Show with two six shooters at the same time.

Mon May 18, 2020 3:19 pm
Editorial Moderator
Editorial Moderator

Code Name: Train
File Name: Mitchell Smith
Aliases: ZAP,
Primary Military Specialty: Heavy Equipment
Secondary Military Specialty: Kung Fu
2004 V9 Wild Bill had 2 cool revolvers.

Mon May 18, 2020 4:59 pm
Reply to topic   [ 5 posts ]