SerpentorsLair.info
http://serpentorslair.info/

G.I. Joe six inch line leaked
http://serpentorslair.info/viewtopic.php?f=719&t=28377
Page 2 of 3

Author:  skinny [ Mon Jan 13, 2020 11:38 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: G.I. Joe six inch line leaked

I have seen in past interviews that within Hasbro there is not a lot of parts sharing.
Star Wars parts are kept in that line. Marvel in that line and GIJOE (at the time) in their own line.
The different departments are always fighting for shelf space and from my view, it is more an internal competition to come up with new ideas and to then keep them to the line they originated.
From time to time something may cross over but for the most part, lines are kept separate.

I would not worry about them using whole figures from the other lines. These will probably be all new sculpts.
Probably.

Author:  protoxero [ Tue Jan 14, 2020 1:37 am ]
Post subject:  Re: G.I. Joe six inch line leaked

With this line I don't see it becoming the evergreen line it once was. Remember 6 in scale means no vehicles or playsets, there too costly to produce. I'm thinking what's the point to change the scale back to the super Joe size? That is more or less what there doing and we all remember that line did not live long. Sure there is your guys that prefer that size but I just think Joe needs to keep in the 3 3/4 size to keep the line alive and toss in 12in Joe's every other few waves to keep it scale consistent. How many times has the scale been messed with? How many scales does Joe need to have?? They have done this all before, it failed! Look at Barbies how many times was that messed with? None, Oh gee they still sell crap tons of her. You see how this goes. I hate to see our Joe be mistreated but this has been what's happening, and the corporate guys at the end of the day don't care they just want to keep there job and paycheck comming.

Author:  Train [ Tue Jan 14, 2020 6:34 am ]
Post subject:  Re: G.I. Joe six inch line leaked

Part of the problem is they gouged the shit out of the 3-3/4 inch figures they can’t reboot at retail for a reasonable price so it makes sense to tap into the 6 inch market and reboot 3-3/4 inch for the 40th anniversary

Author:  ⚡ Kal-El ⚡ [ Tue Jan 14, 2020 10:04 am ]
Post subject:  Re: G.I. Joe six inch line leaked

Train wrote:
Part of the problem is they gouged the shit out of the 3-3/4 inch figures they can’t reboot at retail for a reasonable price so it makes sense to tap into the 6 inch market and reboot 3-3/4 inch for the 40th anniversary


I agree, selling 3.5 inch joes this time around for $13 with the low quality that came during the retaliation line is not a good business model. Plus everyone has 800 dukes and such in 3.5 scale but nobody has one in 6 inch scale in his OG uniform. We will see how it goes, but it seems like there are a lot more people wanting these than passing on them. Plus a lot of the 'passers' will be buyers when they see them on the pegs if they look really good.

Author:  yorktownjoe [ Tue Jan 14, 2020 10:15 am ]
Post subject:  Re: G.I. Joe six inch line leaked

Or...

Swallow their pride and focus on profits.

1) Contract Bobby Vala to manage the 6" line.
2) Contract blackmajor to manage the 3-3/4" line.

Give them both a budget and then stay out of their way...

Just sayin'

Author:  ⚡ Kal-El ⚡ [ Tue Jan 14, 2020 10:21 am ]
Post subject:  Re: G.I. Joe six inch line leaked

yorktownjoe wrote:
Or...

Swallow their pride and focus on profits.

1) Contract Bobby Vala to manage the 6" line.
2) Contract blackmajor to manage the 3-3/4" line.

Give them both a budget and then stay out of their way...

Just sayin'


That would be great, i plan on focusing primarily on collecting black major figures, and getting repro parts from shannen evans to fix up the parts of my collection im keeping, aaand, i will cherry pick from the new figures the ones i really like, but i don't plan on going crazy and being completist with it.

Author:  yorktownjoe [ Tue Jan 14, 2020 10:44 am ]
Post subject:  Re: G.I. Joe six inch line leaked

I think they know no matter how tough we talk, we'll probably buy at least a Snake-Eyes, and then cave and get a Storm Shadow to pose him with.
Then hey, why not give that ninja or Yakuza troop builder with alternate heads a chance.

Okay, that Destro's chromed out head is calling for my next purchase.

And they hope for a snowball.

I only went in on the 25th because I was super excited to see them unexpectedly at retail. And I got Snake-Eyes and Storm Shadow for $4.88 each. For about $10 with tax I was a kid again.

I'm not planning on dropping hundreds trying to keep up with a new scale. But I'm sure I will check it out if I can find them...Hey, I bought a couple Sigma 6, and these will have to be an improvement over those...

Author:  ⚡ Kal-El ⚡ [ Tue Jan 14, 2020 10:56 am ]
Post subject:  Re: G.I. Joe six inch line leaked

yorktownjoe wrote:
I think they know no matter how tough we talk, we'll probably buy at least a Snake-Eyes, and then cave and get a Storm Shadow to pose him with.
Then hey, why not give that ninja or Yakuza troop builder with alternate heads a chance.

Okay, that Destro's chromed out head is calling for my next purchase.

And they hope for a snowball.

I only went in on the 25th because I was super excited to see them unexpectedly at retail. And I got Snake-Eyes and Storm Shadow for $4.88 each. For about $10 with tax I was a kid again.

I'm not planning on dropping hundreds trying to keep up with a new scale. But I'm sure I will check it out if I can find them...Hey, I bought a couple Sigma 6, and these will have to be an improvement over those...


Yeah i'm the idiot who went to the store, saw sigma six and was like, oh god im not buying that mess. A year later i had Zartan, Destro, Snake Eyes, Storm Shadow, and Cobra Commander. And those weren't even in ARAH style. I just don't have room for a bunch of bigger figures, i have about 25 spider-man universe 6 inch figures, and they take up a ton of space. Unfortunately i have a little problem once i buy one of the new joes i fear i will need a continuing fix.

Author:  yorktownjoe [ Tue Jan 14, 2020 1:05 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: G.I. Joe six inch line leaked

I never felt bad buying a 25th figure for $4.88 when already out shopping. Even at $5.99 it was fun.
But if they were to put 4" modern figures for $12.93 next to 6" figures for $19.97 that would be weird.

Perhaps they need to focus on "Who is our customer target?"

Do parents buy 6" $20 figures for their elementary/middle school kids around a movie release? I don't know. That could generate one or two figures sold per household over a large number of households.
Or is the target 40-somethings die hard collectors buying for themselves and their kids? That could generate a few more figures per household over a significantly smaller number of households.

Or is the target Grandma's buying random stuff for grandkids that will end up in a landfill? Then release zero to 5 POA figures in 12" or an obscure 5" scale. That will only be sold to people who don't know any better and tossed in the garbage or donated to the thrift store by ungrateful recipients. Clearance aisle city...

Author:  STORMSHADOW__210 [ Thu Jan 16, 2020 10:11 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: G.I. Joe six inch line leaked

I will be forced to get these. Where will i put them? Thats “future stormshadow210’s” problem

Page 2 of 3 All times are UTC - 5 hours
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group
https://www.phpbb.com/