SerpentorsLair.info - View topic - The Break Room

View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Wed Apr 21, 2021 6:57 am

Reply to topic  [ 19222 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 1886, 1887, 1888, 1889, 1890, 1891, 1892 ... 1923  Next
The Break Room 
Founder
Founder

Faction: Justice League
Code Name: Man of Steel
Post Re: The Break Room
yorktownjoe wrote:
Interesting!

I would much rather have a cartoon, even a short series like the one they did/are doing for Transformers. But I'm happy for potential new Joe media!!

With live action, I'm a little more concerned about what "creative liberties" get taken.

With cartoons, you can draw on a wealth of available historical source material, and then tell new stories.
You could even take a comic book arc and work that into a mini-series.

With live action, all of the special effects have to look real and not cheesy.
But then toe the line of not going too far, as we want to bridge the generational gap of parents sharing the love of Joe with kids and early teens.

Can't do that with blood spurting dismemberment, ninja sword beheadings, or graphic exit wounds...
It doesn't have to be all chutes deploying, but I think you know what I mean...

I would have thought that a show about Chuckles or mabee the story line from the comics where Duke was black ops would have been a better choice. Seems like a show about Lady Jaye is totally random. Although, if they do cast Adrianne Palicki in the role, she was awesome in shield and kids already know her as lady jaye from the movie.

That said i can't agree with you more about the cartoon. Renegades was a HUGE deal to me personally. It was a great show and not too modernized with anime crap.

Thu Feb 25, 2021 5:56 pm
Profile Send private message
Editoral Moderator
Editoral Moderator

Faction: Cobra Contractor
Code Name: YorktownJoe
File Name: CLASSIFIED
Aliases: YTJ (more acronym than alias)
Primary Military Specialty: Counter-Intelligence
Secondary Military Specialty: Sense o' humor
Grade: O-4
⚡ Kal-El ⚡ wrote:
I would have thought that a show about Chuckles or mabee the story line from the comics where Duke was black ops would have been a better choice. Seems like a show about Lady Jaye is totally random. Although, if they do cast Adrianne Palicki in the role, she was awesome in shield and kids already know her as lady jaye from the movie.

That said i can't agree with you more about the cartoon. Renegades was a HUGE deal to me personally. It was a great show and not too modernized with anime crap.

Not sure if you are following the Untold tales last few issues of the Hama book (276, 277, etc.)

Untold Tales would be a great way to do it. You could still have a team, but focus on an individual mission set in a random time for that small group of the team that was sent. Too many characters would be challenging to develop. But that was the real beauty of Renegades. They had the core group, and then they encountered Airtight, Snow-Job, Law and some other characters throughout, without trying to keep every character in every show.

I would love to have a story about Recondo getting in a jam and suddenly being on an arctic operation with Snow Job and a few others. Have him complaining about hating the cold, but still be a hero in the story. Flashbacks to surviving some terrible icy incident in Wheaton, Wisconsin while growing up. And possibly falling through the ice and crawling back out.

Then have him get the drop on some Snow Serpents and accomplish the mission.

"Just because I hate the cold, doesn't mean I can't fight in it. I'm a soldier. Duty. Honor. Courage. Yo Joe!"

Thu Feb 25, 2021 6:26 pm
Founder
Founder

yorktownjoe wrote:
⚡ Kal-El ⚡ wrote:

Not sure if you are following the Untold tales last few issues of the Hama book (276, 277, etc.)

Untold Tales would be a great way to do it. You could still have a team, but focus on an individual mission set in a random time for that small group of the team that was sent. Too many characters would be challenging to develop. But that was the real beauty of Renegades. They had the core group, and then they encountered Airtight, Snow-Job, Law and some other characters throughout, without trying to keep every character in every show.

I would love to have a story about Recondo getting in a jam and suddenly being on an arctic operation with Snow Job and a few others. Have him complaining about hating the cold, but still be a hero in the story. Flashbacks to surviving some terrible icy incident in Wheaton, Wisconsin while growing up. And possibly falling through the ice and crawling back out.

Then have him get the drop on some Snow Serpents and accomplish the mission.

"Just because I hate the cold, doesn't mean I can't fight in it. I'm a soldier. Duty. Honor. Courage. Yo Joe!"

Your idea makes me wish we could get back to that fan fiction role play game we did a few years ago with skinny. I would love to find a way to attempt that again.

Thu Feb 25, 2021 6:31 pm
Founder
Founder

I saw one of these today on ebay and i couldn't believe it. This was the first toy i used as a vehicle for my gi joe's. The one i had was in a trade from a friend and it didn't have the canopy. But i remember my python patrol officer took sooo many rides in this.

Thu Feb 25, 2021 6:42 pm
Editorial Moderator
Editorial Moderator

Code Name: Train
File Name: Mitchell Smith
Aliases: ZAP,
Primary Military Specialty: Heavy Equipment
Secondary Military Specialty: Kung Fu
I had the jet as a kid, cool stuff. What do you guys think could happen if Disney got their hands on G.I. Joe?

Thu Feb 25, 2021 8:59 pm
Editoral Moderator
Editoral Moderator

⚡ Kal-El ⚡ wrote:
I saw one of these today on ebay and i couldn't believe it. This was the first toy i used as a vehicle for my gi joe's. The one i had was in a trade from a friend and it didn't have the canopy. But i remember my python patrol officer took sooo many rides in this.

We had one like that and a 6 wheel one with a red canopy. They worked great with Joe's and Cobra.

Thu Feb 25, 2021 11:28 pm
Founder
Founder

If this series is half as good as Jack Ryan im going to love it. Also how refreshing that its focusing on lady j rather than main chsracters weve seen in movies

Fri Feb 26, 2021 12:59 am
Founder
Founder

doooods, i saw this epic G.I.Joe Classified Custom Hydro Viper yesterday, and i wanted to share the photo with you. Man if Hasbro made something like this, sign me up...lol.

Fri Feb 26, 2021 10:25 am
Editoral Moderator
Editoral Moderator

That's awesome, but it will be a Paris Aquarium Gift Shop Exclusive.

Fri Feb 26, 2021 10:55 am
Founder
Founder

yorktownjoe wrote:
That's awesome, but it will be a Paris Aquarium Gift Shop Exclusive.

:hardlaugh1: :hardlaugh1:

I see what you did there, heck i would be happy to see a Zartan in the wild at this point.

Fri Feb 26, 2021 10:57 am
Reply to topic   [ 19222 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 1886, 1887, 1888, 1889, 1890, 1891, 1892 ... 1923  Next