SerpentorsLair.info - View topic - Outback's Outpost 'Cobra Condor' By Mitchell Smith!

View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Wed Apr 21, 2021 6:05 am

Reply to topic  [ 3 posts ] 
Outback's Outpost 'Cobra Condor' By Mitchell Smith! 
Founder
Founder

Faction: Justice League
Code Name: Man of Steel
 Outback's Outpost 'Cobra Condor' By Mitchell Smith!
Welcome to the Outpost. Today I'm talking about the 1989 G.I.Joe Cobra Condor. This is one I did not have as a kid and I do not have one in my collection. I do have the pilot the Aero-Viper though. This is a really cool concept jet and splits in the middle to create 2 different jets. I guess you could also use this feature as a Condor that was shot down by a Phantom X-19 as well.
I've never actually seen one of these in person but it is a pretty good sized vehicle from what I can tell in pictures and videos. I don't think this was used in the cartoon, not that I can recall anyways.

I'm not sure if it was ever used in the comics but this would be an awesome jet flying along side the Night Raven and Rattler. I do like how the comics put a lot of Joe jets together such as a Skystriker, Conquest, and Vector all working together. Someday I hope to stumble upon a Condor, there would be no hesitation on scooping one up so my Aero-Viper had his proper jet to fly. Over all this is a great vehicle and probably gets over looked on those top 10 lists. Who here has a Condor? Sound off below and let us know! Make sure to check back for our next discussion.

Fri Feb 26, 2021 9:34 am
Profile Send private message
Founder
Founder

Faction: Gi Joe
Code Name: Protoxero
File Name: Unknowen
Aliases: Proto. Dr. Proto AFMD
Primary Military Specialty: Ninja, Action Figure Medical Doctor
Secondary Military Specialty: Covert Opps
Grade: 0-4
Post Re: Outback's Outpost 'Cobra Condor' By Mitchell Smith!
Got mine back in 06 07 mint boxed and complete I opened this sucker with the quickness it's a great plane it flys near my Td no complaints on this one best get one if your missing it.

Fri Feb 26, 2021 1:49 pm
Editoral Moderator
Editoral Moderator

Faction: Cobra Contractor
Code Name: YorktownJoe
File Name: CLASSIFIED
Aliases: YTJ (more acronym than alias)
Primary Military Specialty: Counter-Intelligence
Secondary Military Specialty: Sense o' humor
Grade: O-4
Post Re: Outback's Outpost 'Cobra Condor' By Mitchell Smith!
I don't have that one either. I always thought it looked great from pictures I have seen. But even those seem rare. I think Craig (the Outrider, RIP) over on Joedios had some pictures of it, but I might be wrong. The pilot looks like he could get out of the jet and hop on a bike and ride with the Noks! I mean, he looks like a tough guy, rather than a primadona uppity pilot.

Cool!

Fri Feb 26, 2021 5:06 pm
Reply to topic   [ 3 posts ]