SerpentorsLair.info - View topic - Share your 2021 haul

View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Wed Apr 21, 2021 6:45 am

Reply to topic  [ 108 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 11  Next
Share your 2021 haul 
Editoral Moderator
Editoral Moderator

Faction: Cobra Contractor
Code Name: YorktownJoe
File Name: CLASSIFIED
Aliases: YTJ (more acronym than alias)
Primary Military Specialty: Counter-Intelligence
Secondary Military Specialty: Sense o' humor
Grade: O-4
Post Re: Share your 2021 haul
protoxero wrote:
yorktownjoe wrote:
It still says my store has 4 Vipers and no Firefly's.

I went today and asked a guy in the toy section and he told me they were on their schedule planner to get set on the 10th as well. He said they are somewhere way up in the back.

He seemed really sincere and told me to call on the morning of the 10th or late in the evening on the 9th and they would put one aside for me at the service counter.

I told him I just wanted one for myself and I wasn't trying to clear them all out. He said it was fine if I did, and he heard some customers were buying them and then reselling them online.

He told me he likes Lego and they have been wiped out of a lot of sections since before Christmas.

I thought about pressing him to see if he would dig around for me, but I ended up leaving it at a friendly conversation.

Perhaps I should have pressed him a little more? It didn't seem so at that particular moment...Each interaction is different...

Awe man joe that sucks you got the run around, you know they don't hold anything for anyone right? They did the same thing to me when I was after baroness. I never received the call from them. The best thing to do would of been find a manager, you should of told the guy they share the dcpi numbers and demanded they find them your not going to see these on the 10th less your super lucky. If it says in stock there someplace in the store, the app only takes minutes to update after stock is sold I checked. Only problem is employee and customer are hideing them. Don't play target employees game get them Joe's when that are in stock.

This was a young guy. The girl who works toys dug me out the Cobra Trooper on Wednesday when the date was Friday that fateful week. She also found me Baroness (although the box has a ding). I called one other time and she put Gung Ho at the service desk for me. I'll go back tomorrow after work and see if she is working and will dig me out one or two. If I knew whether she was working tonight, I'd go back. I have no idea who the managers are, but I know the toy Lady Melissa by name.

It seems my store doesn't get sealed cases from Hasbro but gets figures in inter-store transfers. Loose, with other random toy and non toy items.
But that could be smoke to cover they are buying for themselves.

The Twin Cities Targets look like they have a ton, with nearly each store having 6. Okay, that is still sad but if I lived there I'd be driving store to store...

Sun Jan 03, 2021 7:49 pm
Profile Send private message
Founder
Founder

Faction: Gi Joe
Code Name: Protoxero
File Name: Unknowen
Aliases: Proto. Dr. Proto AFMD
Primary Military Specialty: Ninja, Action Figure Medical Doctor
Secondary Military Specialty: Covert Opps
Grade: 0-4
yorktownjoe wrote:
protoxero wrote:
yorktownjoe wrote:
It still says my store has 4 Vipers and no Firefly's.

I went today and asked a guy in the toy section and he told me they were on their schedule planner to get set on the 10th as well. He said they are somewhere way up in the back.

He seemed really sincere and told me to call on the morning of the 10th or late in the evening on the 9th and they would put one aside for me at the service counter.

I told him I just wanted one for myself and I wasn't trying to clear them all out. He said it was fine if I did, and he heard some customers were buying them and then reselling them online.

He told me he likes Lego and they have been wiped out of a lot of sections since before Christmas.

I thought about pressing him to see if he would dig around for me, but I ended up leaving it at a friendly conversation.

Perhaps I should have pressed him a little more? It didn't seem so at that particular moment...Each interaction is different...

Awe man joe that sucks you got the run around, you know they don't hold anything for anyone right? They did the same thing to me when I was after baroness. I never received the call from them. The best thing to do would of been find a manager, you should of told the guy they share the dcpi numbers and demanded they find them your not going to see these on the 10th less your super lucky. If it says in stock there someplace in the store, the app only takes minutes to update after stock is sold I checked. Only problem is employee and customer are hideing them. Don't play target employees game get them Joe's when that are in stock.

This was a young guy. The girl who works toys dug me out the Cobra Trooper on Wednesday when the date was Friday that fateful week. She also found me Baroness (although the box has a ding). I called one other time and she put Gung Ho at the service desk for me. I'll go back tomorrow after work and see if she is working and will dig me out one or two. If I knew whether she was working tonight, I'd go back. I have no idea who the managers are, but I know the toy Lady Melissa by name.

It seems my store doesn't get sealed cases from Hasbro but gets figures in inter-store transfers. Loose, with other random toy and non toy items.
But that could be smoke to cover they are buying for themselves.

The Twin Cities Targets look like they have a ton, with nearly each store having 6. Okay, that is still sad but if I lived there I'd be driving store to store...

Yeah it's probably a smoke an mirror opp, stores usually get a full case of 6 figs Is the norm right now. I thought it odd when the guy pulled one out a random box. Then had to look in other boxes for the next guy. I was lucky I checked when I got back home about a hour later and all 3 was gone. Maybe ff shows up later on and more vipers at my closer store. I'll be keeping brick seek on stand by.

Sun Jan 03, 2021 11:35 pm
Editoral Moderator
Editoral Moderator

I'll see if I can work remotely one day this week and then go to Target during lunch. My work is 30 minutes to my West. Target is 15-20 minutes Southeast. So to go after work adds a ton of time.

Ironically, before we moved to our current place 7 years ago, we rented within a 5 minute WALK to Target. Between my wife and me we would be super broke if we had stayed there. Too much temptation and we went there at least 3 or 4 times a week.

I need to check with the toy lady and see if she can dig me out at least 1. I get it if they are hoarding for themselves to eBay. Just looking to snag 1 of him and 1 Firefly. And then I can slink off in peace. If all 4 were on the pegs...ugh. I don't need that much temptation. Probably would buy them to try and trade...

Mon Jan 04, 2021 12:37 am
Editoral Moderator
Editoral Moderator

T.empted
A.ssociates
R.ipping
G.I.Joe's
E.very
T.ime

Mon Jan 04, 2021 1:03 am
Founder
Founder

Faction: Justice League
Code Name: Man of Steel
When i go to look this is what i get

Mon Jan 04, 2021 2:01 pm
Founder
Founder

So i was at Walmart unsupervised this morning getting some food and stuff, and of course i wandered tot he toy aisle where i discovered they had put out the first new transformers figures for 2021, and Beast Wars is back. I sort of got back into Transformers as an adult with the Beast Wars stuff. While im not a fan of all of it some of them are sweet. Had to make a call today between Cheetor and Black Arachnia and i went with Black Arachnia. I will have an out of the box picture later on.

Wed Jan 13, 2021 11:46 am
Founder
Founder

Big black arachnia fan you made the right choice I'm hoping to find her too!

Wed Jan 13, 2021 12:24 pm
Founder
Founder

Grabbed the rattler, armadillo, armadillo SM from the antique store this weekend I'll be back again in a few more weeks there a slugger and a conquest that is looking for a home. I also got the classified fire fly now and he's super good!! I dig the vest but hopefully we get a true vintage one in the line not as a exclusive it's good to be caught up on the Joes now!

Mon Jan 18, 2021 2:28 am
Founder
Founder

Been holding out on picking up Elita-1 for like 3 weeks now and finally pulled the trigger.

Tue Jan 26, 2021 3:05 pm
Editoral Moderator
Editoral Moderator