SerpentorsLair.info - View topic - GIJOE 3 has been given a release date

View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Wed Sep 26, 2018 6:19 am

Reply to topic  [ 15 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
GIJOE 3 has been given a release date 
Editorial Moderator
Editorial Moderator

Faction: neutral
Code Name: classified
File Name: classified
Aliases: skinnyjoefan
Primary Military Specialty: classified
Secondary Military Specialty: classified
 GIJOE 3 has been given a release date
No real information yet but GIJOE 3 has been slated for a March 27th, 2020 release date.
The studio also announced Monday that it has set “Micronauts” for Oct. 16, 2020. None of the films have directors or stars attached.

http://variety.com/2017/film/news/param ... 202644244/

An as yet unannounced third film has an October 1st release date.
Micronauts and GIJOE bumped into each other in the Hasbro IDW universe.
Will the two franchises cross over on the big screen in 2020?
With GIJOE being released first, perhaps it will have a hint of things to come, and maybe then we will see GIJOE again in the Micronauts movie to begin to tie things together.
Time will tell.
thanks to http://joebattlelines.com for the heads up!

Mon Dec 18, 2017 7:14 pm
Profile Send private message
Editoral Moderator
Editoral Moderator

Faction: GIJOE
Code Name: yorktownjoe
File Name: Joe K.
Primary Military Specialty: Counter-Intelligence
Secondary Military Specialty: Sense o' humor
Grade: O-4
Post Re: GIJOE 3 has been given a release date
Thanks for the info skinny.

I am happy we were able to get toys at retail from the movie releases, although the live action cinematic experience was not what I was personally looking for.
I get that idea of trying to be as realistic as possible on the military side, with future edge technology for Cobra.

I just like comics and animated cartoons over live action or heavily CGI laden experience. But that is me.

If they released a 10-12 minute Resolute or Renegades episode/webisode each week on Saturday, I would watch 1 ad at the beginning and 2 ads part way through if that would generate enough marketing revenue to keep it going.
And I would buy toys if they could figure out distribution. I would even buy them from HasbroToyShop if shipping was free and quality/paint apps were decent.

So maybe another movie will get us a few new toys.

Tue Dec 19, 2017 12:05 pm
Founder
Founder

About 8 years give or take since Joe 2, hopefully its a full reboot and bad ass.

Tue Dec 19, 2017 12:21 pm
Founder
Founder

Faction: Gi Joe
Code Name: Protoxero
File Name: Unknowen
Aliases: Proto
Primary Military Specialty: Ninja
Secondary Military Specialty: Covert Opps
Grade: 0-4
I don't expect mutch from Joe 3 they will royally screw it up again. They may even change joes size again to push the movie. I'd like to see good normal joes like poc style for the movie but I just don't think that's in the cards. We will also not see it till 2021 any way, I know they say 2020 but I'm thinking it will be like the last one and get the run around and change dates right before release. A good cartoon is needed more then Joe 3 IMO.

Tue Dec 19, 2017 2:45 pm
Editoral Moderator
Editoral Moderator

protoxero wrote:
IA good cartoon is needed more then Joe 3 IMO.

Ah, we agree! Do you prefer vintage 80s, Resolute, or Renegades style? I would actually enjoy any of those 3. And some more POC style toys.

Actually, they could roll out "G.I. Joe: Pursuit of Cobra" as a cartoon. Have Recondo and Beach-Head and Jungle Duke in the jungle vs. Shadow Tracker. And have those jungle Viper sniper dudes with their adaptive camo technical panels shooting it up with the Joes.

Have them encounter Kwinn in the jungle to offer them refuge from Cobra forces who he is tracking since they stiffed him on a mercenary contract. Have Kwinn and Shadow Tracker fight to a draw and agree to leave and fight another day.

Have City Strike Snake-Eyes encounter a dozen Alley Vipers while on a routine trip between the PIT and physical therapy in the sensory deprivation tank. After being chased and eluding them, he eventually engages them w/o weapons and kills them with their own. When he gets back in tatters to the PIT, have Scarlett ask him "What took you so long?"

Have Clutch drive around in the VAMP. And have to fight through a ton of B.A.T.S. on his way to extract the Joes.

Have a mission where Lifeline is patching up some wounded Joe's and has to lay down cover fire with an M-4/grenade launcher combo so Lift Ticket can fly the wounded to safety. And have him be GOOD at it. At the end, have him talk to a colleague. "Are you okay Lifeline? We know you have been a pacifist. That was incredible how you set aside your philosophical beliefs to save our lives. We can never fully express our gratitude." And then Lifeline replies, "Heaven help me, I LIKED it! Watching the rounds leave the barrel like fiery bits of justice bringing retribution on Cobra. I can't get the feeling out of me. I can hardly wait until the next mission..."

Have a mission where Airtight needs to stop a biological threat. Have Law and Order track down some explosives.

Really, these stories don't have to be that complex, and they could re-release THE SAME FIGURES THAT WERE SHORT-CHANGED ON DISTRIBUTION. THEY WOULDN'T EVEN NEED TO CHANGE THE CARD ART!!! But they could release 3 packs of Alley Vipers, Cobra Troopers, Vipers, or Iron Grenadiers, and move a lot of army builders.

But what do I know?? ;-)

Wed Dec 20, 2017 1:09 am
Editorial Moderator
Editorial Moderator

Faction: neutral
Code Name: classified
File Name: classified
Aliases: skinnyjoefan
Primary Military Specialty: classified
Secondary Military Specialty: classified
Let the past die.

Wed Dec 20, 2017 7:19 am
Founder
Founder

Faction: Justice League
Code Name: Man of Steel
skinny wrote:
Let the past die.

When they let the past die they loose my support and money. :+D

Hasbro still doesn't get it. Marvel didn't 'let the past die' when they kicked off their Cinematic Universe. Hasbro needs to stop trying to reinvent the wheel all the time and just write a story based on the mythos that is most popular. And with most people with any knowledge of G.I.Joe that is the 'A Real American Hero' mythos. G.I.Joe is what it is, an elite US military force out to defeat Cobra, a fictitious terrorist organization. Pretty simple to do, just do it. It is like Bond and Spectre. Heck many of the best ideas in the original G.I.Joe cartoon were borrowed straight from James Bond. Bond is another movie property that doesn't try to reinvent the franchise. It builds on a rich past and pays homage to it.

ImageImage

Wed Dec 20, 2017 10:33 am
Editoral Moderator
Editoral Moderator

skinny wrote:
Let the past die.

I was going to reply to this and ask skinny to explain his comment, especially on a forum that often blends our nostalgic admiration of the past and our looking to the horizon with eager anricipation of the future.

But I saw something this weekend, and the comment makes sense now, from a certain point of view.

It is important to remember where we came from and to have hope where we are going. But we must be present where we are now.

Mon Dec 25, 2017 5:27 am
Founder
Founder

Faction: Justice League
Code Name: Man of Steel
Im open to a new movie if they follow the following process.

1. Use popular core characters from the ARAH Universe
2. Don't change the ethnicity or gender of said characters
3. Movie must be set in ARAH i.e. Joe vs Cobra mythos
4. Don't make the movie an advertisement for globalism. I want it to celebrate the US armed forces.

Unfortunatley in the first 2 films they only got one or two of those things right.

ImageImage

Tue Dec 26, 2017 3:03 pm
Founder
Founder

Faction: Gi Joe
Code Name: Protoxero
File Name: Unknowen
Aliases: Proto
Primary Military Specialty: Ninja
Secondary Military Specialty: Covert Opps
Grade: 0-4
⚡ Kal-El ⚡ wrote:
Im open to a new movie if they follow the following process.

1. Use popular core characters from the ARAH Universe
2. Don't change the ethnicity or gender of said characters
3. Movie must be set in ARAH i.e. Joe vs Cobra mythos
4. Don't make the movie an advertisement for globalism. I want it to celebrate the US armed forces.

Unfortunatley in the first 2 films they only got one or two of those things right.

100% agreed also need that good Sunbow type toon.

Tue Dec 26, 2017 4:12 pm
Reply to topic   [ 15 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next