SerpentorsLair.info - View topic - GIJOE 3 has been given a release date

View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Wed Jul 18, 2018 2:18 pm

Reply to topic  [ 15 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
GIJOE 3 has been given a release date 
Editorial Moderator
Editorial Moderator

Faction: neutral
Code Name: classified
File Name: classified
Aliases: skinnyjoefan
Primary Military Specialty: classified
Secondary Military Specialty: classified
Post Re: GIJOE 3 has been given a release date
⚡ Kal-El ⚡ wrote:
Im open to a new movie if they follow the following process.

1. Use popular core characters from the ARAH Universe

I would rather they not re-tell the old Snake Eyes Storm Shadow, Baroness, Destro, Cobra Commander Duke story.

2. Don't change the ethnicity or gender of said characters
Hollywood does not cast based on race/gender any more unless it is a true historical character. They get in trouble otherwise.
3. Movie must be set in ARAH i.e. Joe vs Cobra mythos
ARAH vs Cobra is out of the picture. You will see either all new or HCU.
4. Don't make the movie an advertisement for globalism. I want it to celebrate the US armed forces.
GIJOE has been international since the early nineties.
In these current days of coalition forces working in Afghanistan Iraq etc, the days of the good ole US of A heading out on their own are over.
What would be interesting is a story that takes place in the USA and we counter a domestic threat.
Problem with that is, you need China, movies need to appeal to not just a US market, but a Chinese one. Its just business these days.

Unfortunatley in the first 2 films they only got one or two of those things right.[/color]

I would love to see a GIJOE film where all ARAH is in the past. It existed but now it is time for the 2020 forces to have their day.
Let's say that it is 1987 and we hear there is going to be a live action GIJOE movie.
Who do you think would be the stars?
I can tell you it would have been these guys right here:
http://www.yojoe.com/action/88/

Hasbro is going to push whatever product is coming up.
You would have seen a desert mission with Tiger Force as part of the story and also some type of night mission.

and the vehicles in the film would have been these:
http://www.yojoe.com/vehicles/88/

No different than the cartoon.
Every season, new characters.

and after hearing some of the stories about the proposed live action movie ideas Hasbro did have back then...
brr.

The comics have gotten very wild. Out there. Much more fantasy based.
I don't know, but I have this feeling it will not be what anyone expects.

Tue Dec 26, 2017 6:04 pm
Profile Send private message
Founder
Founder

Faction: Justice League
Code Name: Man of Steel
skinny wrote:
⚡ Kal-El ⚡ wrote:
Im open to a new movie if they follow the following process.

1. Use popular core characters from the ARAH Universe

I would rather they not re-tell the old Snake Eyes Storm Shadow, Baroness, Destro, Cobra Commander Duke story.

2. Don't change the ethnicity or gender of said characters
Hollywood does not cast based on race/gender any more unless it is a true historical character. They get in trouble otherwise.
3. Movie must be set in ARAH i.e. Joe vs Cobra mythos
ARAH vs Cobra is out of the picture. You will see either all new or HCU.
4. Don't make the movie an advertisement for globalism. I want it to celebrate the US armed forces.
GIJOE has been international since the early nineties.
In these current days of coalition forces working in Afghanistan Iraq etc, the days of the good ole US of A heading out on their own are over.
What would be interesting is a story that takes place in the USA and we counter a domestic threat.
Problem with that is, you need China, movies need to appeal to not just a US market, but a Chinese one. Its just business these days.

Unfortunatley in the first 2 films they only got one or two of those things right.[/color]

I would love to see a GIJOE film where all ARAH is in the past. It existed but now it is time for the 2020 forces to have their day.
Let's say that it is 1987 and we hear there is going to be a live action GIJOE movie.
Who do you think would be the stars?
I can tell you it would have been these guys right here:
http://www.yojoe.com/action/88/

Hasbro is going to push whatever product is coming up.
You would have seen a desert mission with Tiger Force as part of the story and also some type of night mission.

and the vehicles in the film would have been these:
http://www.yojoe.com/vehicles/88/

No different than the cartoon.
Every season, new characters.

and after hearing some of the stories about the proposed live action movie ideas Hasbro did have back then...
brr.

The comics have gotten very wild. Out there. Much more fantasy based.
I don't know, but I have this feeling it will not be what anyone expects.

Thinking about which of the comic book movies that are my favorites i would say my most favorite is Captain America: The First Avenger, and Wonder Woman. Seeing as how the old joe vs cobra is rooted in the 1980's, seeing a 'retro themed' movie would be fantastic. Heck take it all the way back to the Vietnam era and tell a new story about snake eyes, stalker, hawk and Tommy that we have not heard of before.

ImageImage

Tue Dec 26, 2017 8:39 pm
Editoral Moderator
Editoral Moderator

Faction: GIJOE
Code Name: yorktownjoe
File Name: Joe K.
Primary Military Specialty: Counter-Intelligence
Secondary Military Specialty: Sense o' humor
Grade: O-4
It's hard for them to choose I'm sure. Tell a story that those of us in our 30s and 40s appreciate, or something with kid appeal designed to sell toys at mass retail.

I loved the back story of Snake-Eyes with the ill fated helicopter rescue operation. Not everyone realizes there was a helo operation authorized to rescue the Iran hostages in 1979. And the helos crashed. I also enjoyed the Borovian missions from 61-67. But they aren't going to make a kids movie that includes a concentration camp incarceration of Joe's, with gruelling torture.

I don't think massive burn victim scenes from helo crashes help small children buy toys. The reason it worked is we had comics, toys, and cartoons. Not a live action movie. The multi pronged marketing approach worked well. With a movie, it runs for a few months and then all media exposure is gone, the toys get clearanced off, and the pegs go dark again. If we got a movie and a cartoon even with no crossover, that could keep toy sales going and interest in the line continuing.

Wed Dec 27, 2017 12:06 am
Editorial Moderator
Editorial Moderator

Faction: neutral
Code Name: classified
File Name: classified
Aliases: skinnyjoefan
Primary Military Specialty: classified
Secondary Military Specialty: classified
Quote:
Heck take it all the way back to the Vietnam era and tell a new story about snake eyes, stalker, hawk and Tommy that we have not heard of before.

Stay tuned to barkingfridge...

Wed Dec 27, 2017 4:32 pm
Founder
Founder

Faction: Justice League
Code Name: Man of Steel
yorktownjoe wrote:
It's hard for them to choose I'm sure. Tell a story that those of us in our 30s and 40s appreciate, or something with kid appeal designed to sell toys at mass retail.

I loved the back story of Snake-Eyes with the ill fated helicopter rescue operation. Not everyone realizes there was a helo operation authorized to rescue the Iran hostages in 1979. And the helos crashed. I also enjoyed the Borovian missions from 61-67. But they aren't going to make a kids movie that includes a concentration camp incarceration of Joe's, with gruelling torture.

I don't think massive burn victim scenes from helo crashes help small children buy toys. The reason it worked is we had comics, toys, and cartoons. Not a live action movie. The multi pronged marketing approach worked well. With a movie, it runs for a few months and then all media exposure is gone, the toys get clearanced off, and the pegs go dark again. If we got a movie and a cartoon even with no crossover, that could keep toy sales going and interest in the line continuing.

The funny thing is Hasbro wants to mimic the Marvel Cinematic Universe, and the reason that works for toy collectors is just for the reasons you mentioned. They have movies, animation and comics to drive toy sales. Hasbro had a good thing going with G.I.Joe Renegades but didn't give it a chance. They need to go back to that type of formula. Its the same thing with the DC Universe. They take it one more step though and have 'live action' TV for their characters. This is something that would be huge for G.I.Joe if Hasbro would ever hire someone with some foresight to run the brand.

ImageImage

Wed Dec 27, 2017 7:07 pm
Reply to topic   [ 15 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2