SerpentorsLair.info - View topic - THE POP EXPOSE 'Collecting 12" Action Figures' by MS!

View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sat Nov 16, 2019 6:53 pm

Reply to topic  [ 1 post ] 
THE POP EXPOSE 'Collecting 12" Action Figures' by MS! 
Founder
Founder

Faction: Justice League
Code Name: Man of Steel
 THE POP EXPOSE 'Collecting 12" Action Figures' by MS!
As many of you may know my love for Joe's started at a real young age. I’m guessing I started playing with the 12 inch Joe's when I was 4-5. My grandparents had a number of Joes with a couple jeeps and a couple Marx figures and horses. Many adventures were created over the years with those Joe's and my grandparents have passed but the Joe's remain in the family and I hope I will someday get these vintage guys. Obviously I had 3-3/4 inch Joe's growing up hence my love for them. They were a staple in my childhood and a staple in my adult life, but I always go back to my first love when I see 12 inch figures, so over the years I have collected many G.I. Joe 12 inch figures along with many other 12 inch figures.

I had a couple odd ball WWII figures and I found 12 inch Soldiers of the World on clearance for $3.99 so it was hard for me to resist. So over the course of a month I was able to get a rash of WWII and Vietnam figures. These were not the greatest head sculpts in the world but not horrible, and I later figured out that I could get nice heads from Monkey Depot and swap them out to make some nice figures, topped off with some of the nice uniforms from Monkey Depot and suddenly I was starting to build my army. I started to stumble across different 12 inch figures that somehow fit together. Then once the 25th Anniversary figures hit and the movies came out the G.I. Joe 12 inch figures started to roll out. I scooped up several figures both classic characters such as Bazooka, Grunt and Short Fuze, along with figures from the movies like Duke, General Hawk, and somehow got a SDCC Baroness at Ollies, which buys up overstock and clear out merchandise. Sideshows started putting out Joe's such as Flint, Major Bludd, and Rock N Roll. These were awesome figures but they were a little to rich for my blood. Mostly because I enjoyed finding different figures from different franchises, so I started building Star Wars, Lord of the Rings, and Marvel as well as the military and Joe's I already had.

I’ve picked up a wide range of really cool 12 inch figures over the years, some look better then others but they all have a cool spot in my collection. I found a Jackie Chan, a few Star Trek, and a Kiefer Sutherland as Jack Bauer. Many characters Star Wars for instance I was able to find the 90s figures real cheap and ended up finding some DID figures and just swap out outfits to create different scenes, Luke, Leia, and Han look pretty awesome in all the uniforms I have found for them. I don’t have many vehicles in my collection, I have a blue jeep that was the same jeep I grew up with, and I have a 1940’s style Willy’s Jeep that I bought the model kit for and painted and assembled myself. I always keep my eyes open for 12 inch figures, even though there are very few at retail now a days, at least ones that aren’t real stiff and cheese, even though I did pick up the Hulk and Thanos that didn’t look to bad, most of my finds are at flea markets and Comic book stores.

I’ve always just loved the 12 inch figures and not that I don’t have a ton of and love the 3-3/4 inch, I just love that 12 inch. One cool thing I love about the 12 inch is the amount of cool accessories I’ve been able to make with printing off the computer, or finding miniature stuff at the store, such as money, pizza boxes, and packs of smokes. I’m hoping to get some 12 inch battle scenes along with some R & R scenes I have in mind to share with everyone. Till then I will be working on getting some individual photos and sharing what I have.

Do you enjoy collecting 12" action figures? Let us know below!

Last bumped by ⚡ Kal-El ⚡ on Mon Nov 11, 2019 9:12 am.

Mon Nov 11, 2019 9:12 am
Profile Send private message
Reply to topic   [ 1 post ]