SerpentorsLair.info - View topic - Outback's Outpost 'G.I.Joe Dial-Tone' By Mitchell Smith!

View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Tue Jan 19, 2021 12:55 am

Reply to topic  [ 3 posts ] 
Outback's Outpost 'G.I.Joe Dial-Tone' By Mitchell Smith! 
Founder
Founder

Faction: Justice League
Code Name: Man of Steel
 Outback's Outpost 'G.I.Joe Dial-Tone' By Mitchell Smith!
Welcome to the Outpost. Today I’m getting into another 1986 G.I.Joe character Dial-Tone. This is another figure my brother had and I was able to get plenty of play time with him. This is a great looking figure. I love his uniform. The black beret was brilliant on this character. Dial-Tone also comes with one of the most unique and most recognizable radio packs.

The nice thing about this is the mic was made pretty meaty compared to other character’s mics so this mic is one that normally is still attached if you are looking to pick one up now a days. Dial-Tone also comes with a really cool gun that is also unique and recognizable to the character. Dial-Tone did have a few upgrades mainly his original uniform with different color schemes. I did not like when his modern figure was sold as an exclusive and the price was jacked up, so I had to pass but I think the original figure looks better anyways. There was a female Dialtone in 2009 with the same last name Morelli.

There was speculation that this was the daughter of the original Dial-Tone, but it seems that Jill is actually Jack’s sister. Apparently Jack went up the hill and never came down. All joking aside Dial-Tone has always been one of my favorite characters and now writing about him has me thinking more about his sister. I’m getting a Luke and Leia vibe there. I think there needs to be a new animated series that gives some good back stories on some of these great characters like Dial-Tone. It would be cool for some new characters being related to the originals. Wouldn’t female crimson twins be awesome? Does anyone have the female or the modern Dial-Tone? Which is your favorite? Sound off below and let us know! Make sure to check back for our next discussion.

Tue Nov 24, 2020 12:45 pm
Profile Send private message
Founder
Founder

Faction: Justice League
Code Name: Man of Steel
Post Re: Outback's Outpost 'G.I.Joe Dial-Tone' By Mitchell Smith!
I always feel like i was really late to the party when it comes to most figures from 82-86. My first introduction to Dial Tone was in 1990 with the Sonic Fighters figure. I love that figure. That said, now that i have owned the original Dial Tone as an adult i really wish the Sonic Fighters one came with the original gear in black.

I now own or have owned every Dial Tone ever made including the no joint Pepsident version. While i still refuse to use him as a 'replacement' for Breaker, he is one of my favorite Joes.

Thu Nov 26, 2020 12:13 pm
Editorial Moderator
Editorial Moderator

Code Name: Train
File Name: Mitchell Smith
Aliases: ZAP,
Primary Military Specialty: Heavy Equipment
Secondary Military Specialty: Kung Fu
Post Re: Outback's Outpost 'G.I.Joe Dial-Tone' By Mitchell Smith!
I was 1982-1989 mostly, probably 86 was my favorite year, but I love hearing about the later Joe stuff. I didn’t have that stuff as a kid and I love hearing about the Joes you love most from when you started getting into them.

Fri Nov 27, 2020 1:34 am
Reply to topic   [ 3 posts ]