SerpentorsLair.info - View topic - Outback's Outpost 'G.I.Joe 2011 Vehicles' By Mitchell Smith!

View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Wed Jan 20, 2021 9:14 am

Reply to topic  [ 5 posts ] 
Outback's Outpost 'G.I.Joe 2011 Vehicles' By Mitchell Smith! 
Founder
Founder

Faction: Justice League
Code Name: Man of Steel
 Outback's Outpost 'G.I.Joe 2011 Vehicles' By Mitchell Smith!
Welcome to the Outpost. Today we are discussing 2011 G.I.Joe vehicles. First up are some Ross exclusives that I was never able to get my hands on. The Desert Rockslide A.T.A.V. is a tan version of the original and looks pretty cool, but I don’t see this one being effective in the sand. The Lava Pod is a Mole Pod cool but not much new on it. The Sand Serpent is a tan modern Night Raven. This is a cool version and probably could have been released at regular retail.

The Polar Shark Sub is a cool looking vehicle, I would like to see this one in hand. The Tiger Claw was one I wish I could have found on one of my summer trips to Florida, but I was not successful in finding any of these on my visit to the Ross down there. There were a number of 30th anniversary vehicles. The Black Dragon is a cool plane. I passed on this one but it did look cool when I did. The Crimson Tank is a red version of the 2010 Hiss.

The Sky Striker was one of my favorite jets from my childhood, so it was a no brainer picking this up, only bad part was 1 seater and no parachute. It’s still pretty awesome though. The Vamp Mark II was released in 2 shades of green. Both are nice versions of the 2010 Vamp. The Collectors club Sea Wolf II is a white version of the 2004 Sting Raider. It’s pretty cool but this is one I would like to see in hand. There were also a number of Convention exclusives released. The Jungle Panther Tank, Python Patrol Stinger, Python Patrol Water Moccasin, and the Starscream Sky Striker. These are all pretty cool versions of original vehicles. Which is your favorite vehicle from this year? Make sure to check back for our next discussion.

Sun Jan 17, 2021 9:27 am
Profile Send private message
Founder
Founder

Faction: Justice League
Code Name: Man of Steel
Post Re: Outback's Outpost 'G.I.Joe 2011 Vehicles' By Mitchell Sm
I'm going to have to go with the Sky Striker for my favorite from 2011. I think its the only vehicle i still have from that year. Just wish it had a 2 seat cockpit. But beggars cant be choosers.

Mon Jan 18, 2021 1:04 pm
Editoral Moderator
Editoral Moderator

Faction: Cobra Contractor
Code Name: YorktownJoe
File Name: CLASSIFIED
Aliases: YTJ (more acronym than alias)
Primary Military Specialty: Counter-Intelligence
Secondary Military Specialty: Sense o' humor
Grade: O-4
I found that Skystriker and gave it to the younger son for Christmas that year, or maybe in 2012. Seems like I got it at a weird time and tucked it away for him. He was 8 or 9 then and loved it.

Mon Jan 18, 2021 11:08 pm
Founder
Founder

Faction: Gi Joe
Code Name: Protoxero
File Name: Unknowen
Aliases: Proto. Dr. Proto AFMD
Primary Military Specialty: Ninja, Action Figure Medical Doctor
Secondary Military Specialty: Covert Opps
Grade: 0-4
Just saw a 2011 sky striker last weekend did no grab it just yet that mold sure got it's use great vehicle but yes should of been 2 seater.

Tue Jan 19, 2021 12:07 pm
Editoral Moderator
Editoral Moderator

Faction: Cobra Contractor
Code Name: YorktownJoe
File Name: CLASSIFIED
Aliases: YTJ (more acronym than alias)
Primary Military Specialty: Counter-Intelligence
Secondary Military Specialty: Sense o' humor
Grade: O-4
Agreed about the 2 seater comments. I was just glad to pull out my old fragile one and help him build his and then fly them around the basement making sound effects. I just don't remember which Christmas it was exactly.

I remember trying to tie it with fishing line from the ceiling and it dropped from about chest level to the carpet. One missile fell off, but no damage. Pretty sturdy plastic with that release. And I was glad, since I had bought the last one that store had...

Tue Jan 19, 2021 1:08 pm
Reply to topic   [ 5 posts ]