SerpentorsLair.info - View topic - The Break Room

View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Tue Nov 20, 2018 2:56 am

Reply to topic  [ 15845 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 1580, 1581, 1582, 1583, 1584, 1585  Next
The Break Room 
Founder
Founder

Faction: Justice League
Code Name: Man of Steel
Post Re: The Break Room
protoxero wrote:
⚡ Kal-El ⚡ wrote:
STORMSHADOW__210 wrote:
Went to go see 86 tfs on the big screen last night. Was so much fun. I had a smile on my face the entire time. Cant put into words what it was like watching G1 on the big screen since the first time since I was 9 years old. EPIC. Got a cool free movie poster too that I might even frame for mancave

Im so glad you got to go experience that. I was really wanting to go myself but too much going on right now to make time to go do it. Was the remastering done really well? I heard they were going to clean up the film some.

Lucky I wanted to go so bad but I work nights and missed it I'll just settle for my DVD. But I would of cryied when prime dies. I always cry a bit every time I see this one. Good movie!

I think a lot of people would buy tickets to see the G.I.Joe movie remastered and put in theaters. Someone should start a petition to have it happen.

Sat Sep 29, 2018 12:19 pm
Profile Send private message
Founder
Founder

So excited to start watching the baseball playoffs tonight. The Braves are back in for the first time in 5 years. It has been a long wait waiting for them to be good again.

Anyone else watching the baseball playoffs?

Thu Oct 04, 2018 10:23 am
Editoral Moderator
Editoral Moderator

Faction: GIJOE
Code Name: yorktownjoe
File Name: Joe K.
Primary Military Specialty: Counter-Intelligence
Secondary Military Specialty: Sense o' humor
Grade: O-4
Don't have cable, so I'm looking into options.

So excited the Brewers are in!!

How cool would it be if the Braves (formerly of Milwaukee) and Brewers (currently of Milwaukee) advance to meet each other in the NLCS?
(When I say it would be cool, that usually means one or both won't make it. But I think that would be cool to see.)

Anything can happen after that, but the Red Sox look like a steam roller on the AL side... But the Yankees, Houston, and Cleveland all have a look at it.
And it is exciting to be talking baseball in October. I just wish the regular season ended in July and the playoffs and World Series were in August. (Personal opinion only...)

Thu Oct 04, 2018 11:08 am
Founder
Founder

yorktownjoe wrote:
Don't have cable, so I'm looking into options.

So excited the Brewers are in!!

How cool would it be if the Braves (formerly of Milwaukee) and Brewers (currently of Milwaukee) advance to meet each other in the NLCS?
(When I say it would be cool, that usually means one or both won't make it. But I think that would be cool to see.)

Anything can happen after that, but the Red Sox look like a steam roller on the AL side... But the Yankees, Houston, and Cleveland all have a look at it.
And it is exciting to be talking baseball in October. I just wish the regular season ended in July and the playoffs and World Series were in August. (Personal opinion only...)

I totally agree with you, having the playoffs in October is too late in the year. On the watching the playoffs front, the cheapest way to do it is just get Slingtv, you can then stream the games on your computer or phone or on your TV. We have been using sling for like 4 years now. We get all the Braves games in HD all summer, and in the fall we get all the college games and all the ESPN and Basketball, i really get more sports on sling than i did on cable and it only costs $50 a month.

Thu Oct 04, 2018 11:23 am
Editoral Moderator
Editoral Moderator

This is good to know. I will check that out. I always thought Sling was so you could watch your own cable or Dish channels on your phone, tablet of laptop while you were away or on the road. But they must have branched out.

The Brewers play at home first, and I hope they don't have to deal with flurries or a wintry mix when they play on the road in Colorado. This could be avoided with an August playoff finish.

If the World Series finished just before the NFL regular season began, there would be a natural transition/handoff to the Fall.

The boys of summer would be done in...summer. Then on to football season. Win win for fans, but maybe not for MLB team revenue.

Enjoy!

Thu Oct 04, 2018 12:24 pm
Founder
Founder

yorktownjoe wrote:
This is good to know. I will check that out. I always thought Sling was so you could watch your own cable or Dish channels on your phone, tablet of laptop while you were away or on the road. But they must have branched out.

The Brewers play at home first, and I hope they don't have to deal with flurries or a wintry mix when they play on the road in Colorado. This could be avoided with an August playoff finish.

If the World Series finished just before the NFL regular season began, there would be a natural transition/handoff to the Fall.

The boys of summer would be done in...summer. Then on to football season. Win win for fans, but maybe not for MLB team revenue.

Enjoy!

I hope it goes well we have to open at the Dodgers, we never seem to do well out there, but im keeping my fingers crossed. I hate the Dodgers and the Red Sox and Yankees. It was a lot of fun seeing the astros win it all last year when i didn't have a dog in the fight...lol

Thu Oct 04, 2018 12:45 pm
Founder
Founder

So whats everyone up to for halloween oct? So far ive been playing original resident evil and snes castlevania. Watching netfllix animated castlevania and going to haunted house and going to movies to see new halloween movie

Tue Oct 23, 2018 9:16 pm
Founder
Founder

STORMSHADOW__210 wrote:
So whats everyone up to for halloween oct? So far ive been playing original resident evil and snes castlevania. Watching netfllix animated castlevania and going to haunted house and going to movies to see new halloween movie

I am probably resting.....lol. We have been at a marching band competition every weekend this month, with the State Finals coming this saturday. I really need some rest. Not to mention getting up at 5:45 am to take my daughter to marching practice. I could so go for a few days to sleep in and do nothing.

Although i have a bad feeling my daughter is volunteering at our city's 'Trunk or Treat' to get community service hours in for her National Jr Honor Society, so i am betting i will playing taxi for her the actual night of Halloween.

Wed Oct 24, 2018 7:48 am
Editoral Moderator
Editoral Moderator

I prefer to stick around home and hand out candy. We get over 200-225 kids stop by (depending on the weather).

I really hate driving around on the day itself, since too many little kids all hopped up on sugar dart across the roads at twilight time with little regard for their own personal safety. Much safer for me to be warm in the house.

I do feel bad for my dog who never barks except when the doorbell rings. Last year we brought the fire-pit to the end of the driveway so no one went to the door, and lots of people got to stop and warm their hands. We might do that again.

Wed Oct 24, 2018 8:31 am
Founder
Founder

Halloween is my second favorite holiday of year. I love theme holidays

Wed Oct 24, 2018 3:33 pm
Reply to topic   [ 15845 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 1580, 1581, 1582, 1583, 1584, 1585  Next