SerpentorsLair.info - View topic - The Break Room

View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sun Jul 15, 2018 6:48 pm

Reply to topic  [ 15803 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 1576, 1577, 1578, 1579, 1580, 1581  Next
The Break Room 
Founder
Founder

Faction: Gi Joe
Code Name: Protoxero
File Name: Unknowen
Aliases: Proto
Primary Military Specialty: Ninja
Secondary Military Specialty: Covert Opps
Grade: 0-4
Post Re: The Break Room
⚡ Kal-El ⚡ wrote:
protoxero wrote:
⚡ Kal-El ⚡ wrote:
So who has awesome 4th of July Plans to tell us about?

:4ofjuly1: :4ofjuly1: :4ofjuly1:

I'll be at work, wishing I was home. That's my plans.

Dude that blows, how is it going with all the new people they hired?

We lost some more people, still have 2 new guys at the moment who knows how long they will last, I hear roomers of another guy on the chopping block soon, not me. Our whole shop altogether has five normal employees four office people 2 and two of the office people are shitty waits of life. And two managers one of who is generally a pain in the ass, the whole place may shut down due to lack of staff. I don't care I'll just ride it out and If it comes down to them closing I'll at least get unemployment for a bit. It be a welcomed vacation. We run two shifts Am and Pm each shift normally has a total of 4 or 5 ppl on it totally understaffed and we loose business because of it. I barely can remember a time we was not short handed.

Wed Jul 04, 2018 1:03 pm
Profile Send private message
Founder
Founder

Faction: Justice League
Code Name: Man of Steel
protoxero wrote:
⚡ Kal-El ⚡ wrote:
protoxero wrote:
⚡ Kal-El ⚡ wrote:

We lost some more people, still have 2 new guys at the moment who knows how long they will last, I hear roomers of another guy on the chopping block soon, not me. Our whole shop altogether has five normal employees four office people 2 and two of the office people are shitty waits of life. And two managers one of who is generally a pain in the ass, the whole place may shut down due to lack of staff. I don't care I'll just ride it out and If it comes down to them closing I'll at least get unemployment for a bit. It be a welcomed vacation. We run two shifts Am and Pm each shift normally has a total of 4 or 5 ppl on it totally understaffed and we loose business because of it. I barely can remember a time we was not short handed.

That doesn't sound like 'NAPA KNOW HOW' to me. :+D. I Wish every business would close on holidays just let people be home with their families the three or four major holidays a year. And with your seniority you should have priority to get off on holidays over other people. Makes me not want to shop at Napa....lol

ImageImage

Wed Jul 04, 2018 1:16 pm
Founder
Founder

:ARR:
⚡ Kal-El ⚡ wrote:
protoxero wrote:
⚡ Kal-El ⚡ wrote:
protoxero wrote:
⚡ Kal-El ⚡ wrote:

That doesn't sound like 'NAPA KNOW HOW' to me. :+D. I Wish every business would close on holidays just let people be home with their families the three or four major holidays a year. And with your seniority you should have priority to get off on holidays over other people. Makes me not want to shop at Napa....lol

I no longer work at napa, haven't in 4 1\2 years i thought I said that some time ago. Probably just forgot. I'm a semi truck technician, all I do is change oil and tires on semi trucks it's totally hot and gayer then Aids 80% of the time. I have to deal with a lot of international truck drivers, believe me when I say they are the worst. I get payed better then napa but it's harder and worse work. And no napa is not open today, only shitty truck stops are open. Tho they should not be open on holidays like a normal palce. I just call it hell. I'd really prefer a job that shows my artistic side but ha that don't pay the rent.

Oh and it was never Napa Know How. It's really Napa Know Nothing. I've said that to customers before lol.

Wed Jul 04, 2018 4:00 pm
Editorial Moderator
Editorial Moderator

Faction: neutral
Code Name: classified
File Name: classified
Aliases: skinnyjoefan
Primary Military Specialty: classified
Secondary Military Specialty: classified
Holidays are disappearing.
It was at one time that only life or death type of jobs were in effect on a holiday (and TV stations)
Now however it is just another day where a company can make a buck.
I do NOT shop, go to movies, go to a restaurant, or do anything that makes another person have to work on a holiday unnecessarily.
If more people did that?
Stores would not care to be open on holidays. It would lose them money to keep the lights on.
Instead like the consumerists we have been trained to be in the eighties, we flock like lemmings to spend a buck.
It is how we spend our leisure time. We spend. We spend, others work.
Stay at home, have a picnic, a BBQ, spend time with the family you never get to see because you are working. Stream a movie instead of going to the theater.
Right now there are people working unnecessarily tonight because a little preparation by the corporate world is ignored.

Grocery stores could easily be closed today, but instead of preparing a picnic ahead of time because we know the store will be closed, we spend our money today on hot dogs, hamburgers, and picnic baskets, or that propane we need for our grill that we should have bought a week ago.

IF you don't want to work on holidays, you can help by not spending money on the holidays and making others work. Today's world can be changed, but it starts with doing small things.
We need more places to be able to put up "Gone fishin'" signs on their doors a few times a year.

Anyway...
Happy Fourth of July everyone!

Thu Jul 05, 2018 12:00 am
Founder
Founder

skinny wrote:
Holidays are disappearing.
It was at one time that only life or death type of jobs were in effect on a holiday (and TV stations)
Now however it is just another day where a company can make a buck.
I do NOT shop, go to movies, go to a restaurant, or do anything that makes another person have to work on a holiday unnecessarily.
If more people did that?
Stores would not care to be open on holidays. It would lose them money to keep the lights on.
Instead like the consumerists we have been trained to be in the eighties, we flock like lemmings to spend a buck.
It is how we spend our leisure time. We spend. We spend, others work.
Stay at home, have a picnic, a BBQ, spend time with the family you never get to see because you are working. Stream a movie instead of going to the theater.
Right now there are people working unnecessarily tonight because a little preparation by the corporate world is ignored.

Grocery stores could easily be closed today, but instead of preparing a picnic ahead of time because we know the store will be closed, we spend our money today on hot dogs, hamburgers, and picnic baskets, or that propane we need for our grill that we should have bought a week ago.

IF you don't want to work on holidays, you can help by not spending money on the holidays and making others work. Today's world can be changed, but it starts with doing small things.
We need more places to be able to put up "Gone fishin'" signs on their doors a few times a year.

Anyway...
Happy Fourth of July everyone!

My sentiments exactly. I didn't shop for anything yesterday. I did have to take my son to work at the Movie theater, but he said business was really slow, so mabee thats a good thing.

ImageImage

Thu Jul 05, 2018 11:09 am
Founder
Founder

Going to have fun today going out in the sweltering heat to car shop for my son a car to drive to college in a month. Good Times.

I think the only thing you can compare with car shopping is zipping your scrotum into your pants zipper.

:swirlflush: :swirlflush:

ImageImage

Fri Jul 06, 2018 1:13 pm
Founder
Founder

⚡ Kal-El ⚡ wrote:
Going to have fun today going out in the sweltering heat to car shop for my son a car to drive to college in a month. Good Times.

I think the only thing you can compare with car shopping is zipping your scrotum into your pants zipper.

:swirlflush: :swirlflush:

Sounds like a hoot!

Fri Jul 06, 2018 7:23 pm
Editoral Moderator
Editoral Moderator

Faction: GIJOE
Code Name: yorktownjoe
File Name: Joe K.
Primary Military Specialty: Counter-Intelligence
Secondary Military Specialty: Sense o' humor
Grade: O-4
Well it is always a good idea to be careful with zippers.
;-)

But if you find yourself pinched, stop zipping...

Now you know, and finding a grandma selling her 15 year old car with 82,000 miles on it is half the battle.

Fri Jul 06, 2018 10:57 pm
Founder
Founder

yorktownjoe wrote:
Well it is always a good idea to be careful with zippers.
;-)

But if you find yourself pinched, stop zipping...

Now you know, and finding a grandma selling her 15 year old car with 82,000 miles on it is half the battle.

:hardlaugh1:

I think we found one. I only had to test drive about 10 cars to find one we could tolerate...lol. And luckily it started raining yesterday afternoon and knocked the temperature down from 110 to about 85 so that was a HUGE bonus.

ImageImage

Sat Jul 07, 2018 1:46 pm
Founder
Founder

He ended up with a 2006 Malibu, but it has to have a wheel replaced, so now its salvage shopping to find a wheel.

ImageImage

Mon Jul 09, 2018 4:30 pm
Reply to topic   [ 15803 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 1576, 1577, 1578, 1579, 1580, 1581  Next