SerpentorsLair.info - View topic - The Break Room

View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri Sep 21, 2018 8:58 pm

Reply to topic  [ 15817 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 1574, 1575, 1576, 1577, 1578, 1579, 1580 ... 1582  Next
The Break Room 
Founder
Founder

Faction: Gi Joe
Code Name: Protoxero
File Name: Unknowen
Aliases: Proto
Primary Military Specialty: Ninja
Secondary Military Specialty: Covert Opps
Grade: 0-4
Post Re: The Break Room
⚡ Kal-El ⚡ wrote:
Tornado Season kicks off at Lair HQ tonight. Hopefully our walls are fortified enough for the blast. :D

Damn allready? Only spring started here like a week and a half ago. Curse you Destro and your weather dominator!

Wed May 02, 2018 12:51 pm
Profile Send private message
Founder
Founder

Faction: Justice League
Code Name: Man of Steel
protoxero wrote:
⚡ Kal-El ⚡ wrote:
Tornado Season kicks off at Lair HQ tonight. Hopefully our walls are fortified enough for the blast. :D

Damn allready? Only spring started here like a week and a half ago. Curse you Destro and your weather dominator!

Yeah the next 4 weeks are the meat of Tornado Season, and we are supposed to get some tonight.

ImageImage

Wed May 02, 2018 5:01 pm
Founder
Founder

thankfully no tornadoes hit here even though there were some a few miles away....lol

ImageImage

Thu May 03, 2018 6:36 pm
Founder
Founder

Anyone besides me disappointed that it looks like its going to be the Warriors and Cavs in the NBA finals again?

ImageImage

Thu May 03, 2018 8:23 pm
Founder
Founder

So what is everyone up too this month. Anyone want to weigh in?

ImageImage

Thu May 10, 2018 12:59 pm
Editoral Moderator
Editoral Moderator

Faction: GIJOE
Code Name: yorktownjoe
File Name: Joe K.
Primary Military Specialty: Counter-Intelligence
Secondary Military Specialty: Sense o' humor
Grade: O-4
Hope all is well. Our department computer lady is leaving. I have been cross training with her for a couple weeks. Then I'll be doing 2 jobs until a new person can get hired.

It is interesting, but a bit stressful.

Also headed to go visit Mom on Saturday.

Thu May 10, 2018 7:11 pm
Founder
Founder

So my work fired pretty mutch every one, except me and one other tech. Now they have ads to hire new guys. It will be interesting to see how that plays out. I'm not paid enough to have a rookie to show the ropes to, and still do what I need to do.

Fri May 11, 2018 4:09 am
Editoral Moderator
Editoral Moderator

Faction: GIJOE
Code Name: yorktownjoe
File Name: Joe K.
Primary Military Specialty: Counter-Intelligence
Secondary Military Specialty: Sense o' humor
Grade: O-4
protoxero wrote:
So my work fired pretty mutch every one, except me and one other tech. Now they have ads to hire new guys. It will be interesting to see how that plays out. I'm not paid enough to have a rookie to show the ropes to, and still do what I need to do.

Were people goofing around to get fired, or did they just make too much? I think management sometimes cuts costs by parting ways with employees who have been somewhere a while because they are now making more. And they think they can get new people, pay them less, and still get the work done.

It is a near-sighted approach, unless they allow it to happen over time with natural retirements or people just moving on their own.

I hope things go well for you.
--
I have to decide if I want to apply for the technical position or stay in my current position. Either way, 2 jobs for a while then training someone else at the end for the new job or the current one. Going to be a fun summer!

Fri May 11, 2018 6:19 am
Founder
Founder

yorktownjoe wrote:
protoxero wrote:

Were people goofing around to get fired, or did they just make too much? I think management sometimes cuts costs by parting ways with employees who have been somewhere a while because they are now making more. And they think they can get new people, pay them less, and still get the work done.

It is a near-sighted approach, unless they allow it to happen over time with natural retirements or people just moving on their own.

--
I have to decide if I want to apply for the technical position or stay in my current position. Either way, 2 jobs for a while then training someone else at the end for the new job or the current one. Going to be a fun summer!

Yeah it was the ones that goofed around or just showed up late all the time.

Fri May 11, 2018 2:14 pm
Founder
Founder

protoxero wrote:
yorktownjoe wrote:
protoxero wrote:

--

Yeah it was the ones that goofed around or just showed up late all the time.

They should be giving you a raise. But companies like that don't reward quality employees thats why they end up with so many jack offs.

ImageImage

Sat May 12, 2018 7:28 pm
Reply to topic   [ 15817 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 1574, 1575, 1576, 1577, 1578, 1579, 1580 ... 1582  Next